The End

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah, when I die, I would want my ashes to be scattered across the vast blue sea."

 

"Woman, that's pollution. I would be sued by the environmentalists," I mocked.

 

"Yah you!" You gave me a slap across the arm and pouted with a sigh. "It'd be so beautiful you know. Roaming freely with those whales and dolphins..."

 

"I think being in my arms would be more beautiful," I pulled you into my arms and hugged you tight. "Dying in each other arms would be perfect."

 

"But I don't want to die with you, I want to die BEFORE you," you replied. "So that I wouldn't see you being sad."

 

"And you're so selfish to want me to see you die and be sad all by myself?" I raised my brows.

 

Before you could reply, a loud grimace was heard.

 

"Oh gosh you two! Why are you all on the dying topic again!? It's so unhealthy! OPPA! Educate your girlfriend would you!"

 

"But dying is a part and parcel of life!" I heard another voice echoing after mine.

 

We exchanged gazes and broke into peals of laughters, being proud of the fact that we have managed to anger my sister, Yuri, once again.

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

They say unlike poles attract; I beg to differ.

 

Throughout our lives, we were so similar. Our thoughts clicked no matter what phase of life we were in and well, even our physical health are similar.

 

Being equally bad.

 

It had always been a known fact; you have Con Heart Defect, in short, CHD. Since young, hospital is like your second home and unlike normal kids, you spent most of your childhood times grumbling to not eat medicine instead of whining for sweet treats. However, I really like the fact that despite all these unfortunate events, you remained positive. Not only were you positive, you were capable of bringing your positive vibes to others, helping them see the path of light when their world was pitch black.

 

Guess that's why you said you want to be a social worker when you grow up. I think that job would suit you perfectly.

 

For me, well, I'm a cancer survivor. Battled hard and long since I was young, I had seen deaths as inevitable and normal. Trust me, it wasn't that I was negative. It's just the way how life works; when you've seen and experience enough of certain things, you would come to terms with it. For me, there were countless of times that I was on the brink of death, but each time, I fought hard and well, guess the hell decided to not take me in after all.

 

So, aren't we a match made in heaven?

 

"Ji, you know, I'm that that close to accomplishing my wish..." you whispered as you laid in my arms, circling your finger on my chest. "I don't want to give up... After this exam, I can be a certified social worker..."

 

"But honey," I sighed. "You heart can't take it... Even a 2 hour paper in an exam hall will drain your energy away..."

 

Silence followed thereafter and within the next minute, my chest was wet.

 

I could only sigh again as I pulled you closer to me.

 

It was only during moments like this, I was reminded that perhaps, you weren't that positive after all.

 

And the worst thing was, there's nothing much I could do to cheer you up. I knew what you want, but I couldn't give.

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

In the end, we still have to let you go.

 

"You're to come out immediately after you finish the paper, you hear me?" I tidied the collar of your shirt while reminding.

 

"Yes sir~ You've been saying this since yesterday! Naggy old man~" You hooked your arms my neck and smiled. "Just stop worrying and think about how you can reward me when I returned from the exam."

 

"Uhm, how about me being topless, wearing just an apron and that pair of skinny jeans that you love? But I could only cook instant noodles though," I smiled seductively, putting my arms around your waist.

 

"How about... without that pair of jeans even?" You cocked your eyebrows.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter