Acceptance

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Code blue, code blue. Team Im please proceed to the surgery room on level 5 immediately. 

 

 

And there goes my pager, peeping non-stop.

 

 

 

At 6am. 

 

 

 

This is my daily life, dealing with lives every second. People often say to me, 'their lives lies in your hands'. 

 

 

 

I picked up my robe and rushed down immediately. 

 

 

 

Let me introduce myself, I'm Im Yoona, a Cadiologist in Daehan Hospital. 

 

 

 

Everyone is rushing around, family members pacing back and forth in front of the surgery room. 

 

 

 

After the all the procedures, I entered the theatre. 

 

 

 

"What's the situation?"

 

 

 

"Kwon Jiyong, aged 28. Rushed into the hospital after a gun shot, under code blue. Heart pulse is dropping readily, the bullet must be removed immediately. The patient is already under anesthesia."

 

 

 

"Gun shot?" I raised my eyebrows and right at the next moment, "There's no more time to waste. Mes."

 

 

 

I reached out for the equipment and started everything that I'm so used to. 

 

 

 

It's so repetitive that I'm so sick and tired of living my life as a doctor.

 

 

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

 

 

After a long 2 hour, the surgery finally ended smoothly; the bullet had been taken out and most importantly the patient is out of danger. 

 

 

 

"Which level is the patient at?" I took a sip of coffee. "I guess I would have to pay a visit."

 

 

 

"Level 3." Yuri giggled. "That patient is really handsome. Your cup of tea~"

 

 

 

"Yah! Kwon Yuri yo-"

 

 

 

"Alrights alrights, they say never to disturb a doctor that did not have a proper sleep~ I should get going~"

 

 

 

 

"YAH!"

 

 

 

There she goes again. Yuri is a colleague of mine. 

 

 

 

She may be a pain sometimes, but she's the reason why my life in hospital has been bearable.

 

 

 

When the lift door opens, it's a piece of silence. 

 

 

 

Level 3; The VIPs. 

 

 

 

"Oh, good morning Dr Im."

 

 

 

"Good morning." 

 

 

 

 

I gave a polite smile before heading to room 8.

 

 

 

Knock knock

 

 

 

"Come in."

 

 

 

Uh? A female voice?

 

 

 

With a slight slide of the door, I stepped into a room with a smile. 

 

 

 

"Good morning, I'm Im Yoona, the doctor in charge of Mr Kwon." 

 

 

 

"Oh Dr Im, I'm his Mother." She gave a warm smile. "May I know about his condition?"

 

 

 

"From what I'm seeing now, he's perfectly fine. Once he is conscious after the anesthesia wears off, he would have to stay in the hospital for a week, to allow us to monitor his condition." 

 

 

 

"Thank you so much," she grabbed both of my hands, looking me gratefully. "I heard that you were the one who took out the bullet."

 

 

 

"Ah, don't mention about it, it's my duty." I gave a firm handshake before letting go. 

 

 

 

"After a week of monitoring, if everything is fine, he would be able to discharge." I took a slight peep at the patient before continuing. "I will come up again when the patient is awake." 

 

 

 

"Once again, thank you so much Dr Im."

 

 

 

"Don't mention it. It's my job."

 

 

 

I gave a bow before leaving the room. I didn't even have the time to give a thought on how handsome the patient is. 

 

 

 

All I know is, I really need sleep right now. 

 

 

 

Oh sleep, here I come~ 

 

 

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

 

 

In the end, all I had was barely 3 hours of sleep before the annoying pager started ringing again. 

 

 

 

"Ahhh, what is it again....."

 

 

 

"Your favourite pager~"

 

 

 

Guess who it is? 

 

 

 

Yes, Kwon Yuri. 

 

 

 

"Why not you go instead?"

 

 

 

"Dr Im, it's calling for you~ And, it's already 1pm" She put down her items before dragging me up. "Bali! A life is on your hand~"

 

 

 

"Neh neh, Dr Kwon!" 

 

 

 

I put on my coat and before I stepped out, "How is the patient?"

 

 

 

"No time."

 

 

 

And the door was slammed. 

 

 

 

I took another look at the pager, it was from level 3 room 8. 

 

 

 

It was that patient from before. 

 

 

 

I slid open the door and there was already 2 nurses inside. 

 

 

 

"Dr Im!"

 

 

The patient from before was already awake, I gave a polite smile while approaching the bed. 

 

 

 

"Dr Im, the patient mentioned that he is experiencing slight pain at the wound area."

 

 

 

"This is because the anesthesia have worn off and the wound is not able to take it so quickly. Give him morphine, just once will do."

 

 

 

"Yes Dr Im." 

 

 

 

After the both of them went out, there was only the both of us in the room.

 

 

 

And he was staring at me. 

 

 

 

"Ah, I forgot to introduce myself." I gave a smile. "Im Yoona, a Cadiologist and your doctor in charge. I came up in the morning earlier but you were still under anesthesia. How are you feeling right now, Mr Kwon?"

 

 

 

"I'm feeling better, all thanks to Dr Im I guess?" He laughed.

 

 

 

Ok, I shall admit that he is really handsome. 

 

 

 

"You're welcome. If there's anything you need, just press the button on the side."

 

 

 

"Okays. But I think Dr Im, you really need more sleep." 

 

 

 

I was startled by his statement and it took me awhile to regain my composure. 

 

 

 

I lost my time to sleep all thanks to you, Mr Kwon?

 

 

 

"I guess sleep is what you sacrifice when you're in this line? I need to earn a living, Mr Kwon." I wrinkled my nose. "Get some rest, I will visit every now and then."

 

 

 

"You should get some rest too, so that you can come up more often~" 

 

 

 

I raised my brows and pretended that I didn't understand it. 

 

 

 

He returned with a smile and I left the room.

 

 

 

What a weird guy. 

 

 

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

 

 

"You're gonna stay overnight?"

 

 

 

"Yeah yeah, it's my shift anyways. I changed it with Sooyoung yesterday. She had something urgent at home."

 

 

 

"You yourself didn't even have a proper sleep and still, you want to act like a hero, I really don't get you Im~"

 

 

"Well, I'm not like someone who is so lazy~"

 

 

 

"Y-Yah!"

 

 

 

"Alright, quickly get going! I want to get some sleep before that annoying thing starts to beep again." I pushed her out of the room. 

 

 

 

I fell right onto the bed, set the alarm to ring at 10pm before falling into deep sleep. 

 

 

 

I've another round of check at 10:30pm.

 

 

 

When I closed my eyes, the image of that patient flashed across my eyes. 

 

 

 

What is his background? What is his job? How did he even got a bullet close to his heart?

 

 

 

There's so many unanswered questions and I've to admit he is really handsome  

 

 

 

And is really my cup of tea. 

 

 

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

 

 

This is the third time that I'm visiting this ward for the day.

 

 

 

Now that the visiting hour is over, it is even quieter than usual. 

 

 

 

Knock knock. 

 

 

 

Unlike before, there wasn't any answer. 

 

 

 

Have he gone to bed?

 

 

 

I slid open the door slowly, looking into the room and realise that there wasn't anyone on the bed. 

 

 

 

I stepped in and closed the door behind, before heading to the bed. I was dumbfounded, I turned around while scratching my head wanting to ask around outside. 

 

 

 

"Ah!" 

 

 

 

As I turned back, he was just an inch in front of me. I was in shock as I stepped back, ending up losing my balance. 

 

 

 

Just when I thought I was about to hit the floor, something tight was felt on my waist. 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter