Tsunamis

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was turning 23; a year full of rollercoaster rides. 

 

It was also the year when I started clubbing, the year when I met you. 

 

"Jiyong? The playboy?"

 

"Hey, don't call him that. It's nasty!" 

 

"Yoong, I'm serious about this. He's not what you see."

 

"Yul, he is my friend." I wasn't happy about how my friends was talking about you. 

 

"Right, don't come crying to me when things happen."

 

Be careful about giving your heart too quickly, I was told. 

 

That was the first thing Yul said when I told her we were in contact after that club party. 

 

Boys only have one thing on their mind; she cautioned. 

 

I wasn’t afraid, there was just something different I felt about you. 

 

Something special. 

 

That was what my whole group of friends have been discussing about, no one is viewing it in my point of view. 

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

"Hey Yoong!"

 

"Fancy meeting you here after a month?"

 

It was him, physically in front of me. 

 

"Wow wow, says the one that couldn't make it because of schedules." 

 

"Well, this is still part of the schedule and I'm not like the famous G-Dragon; doesn't have to work but still has tons of money coming in~"

 

Both of us was at the Chanel event held in Korea. Even though it's an official event, it seemed like a Kwon Jiyong party instead. 

 

By the time I saw him, it was already the after party. 

 

Since the start of the event, we'd been avoiding each other. We couldn't be appearing on the same picture, right? 

 

Both of our names could never appear together. 

 

"Let's go."

 

He held onto my wrist and the next thing I knew, I was already out of the club. 

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

"Where are we heading to?"

 

I looked up to see him driving in silence. Tell me how can someone look so dashing? He didn't reply to me, but his hand was wrapped around mine, giving them a comfortable squeeze from time to time. 

 

After about 30 minutes into the ride, I couldn't hold it anymore. The tension was just too much for me to handle. 

 

"Yah, aren't you going to tell me where are we going?"

 

"I'm gonna jump down the car if you are not going to reply me."

 

"Kwon Jiyong!"

 

"Miss Im, aren't you being a bit rude to call your sunbae by 'yah' and by his full name?" He let out a little smirk but still, my question wasn't answered. 

 

"Mr Kwon, I don't know why a sunbae is doing this with a hoobae?" I lifted our hands up that was entwined, giving him a glare. 

 

"I love you, Im Yoona."

 

He said it so casually, like as if he said this to everyone. I don't know if he truly loves me, or how true were all his words, how can I be sure?

 

I don't even know what we are, colleagues? Friends? Or something more than those?

 

"Bull."

 

"I guess that's your favourite track? I love that too."

 

Alrights, I surrender. 

 

☆☆☆☆☆

 

“Your apartment?”

 

“Well, this is the only place we wouldn’t get caught.” 

 

True enough. 

 

I couldn't say with any conviction that he wouldn't break my heart. But how could I have stopped him from taking what was already his?

 

Ever since the first time we met, I fell instantly. 

 

What came out of his mouth next, broke my heart instantly. 

 

“I think I’m falling in love with someone.”

 

Just merely 6 words, 1 sentence. 

 

“That’s it? You brought me here just to tell me that?” I was fuming, not to mention, very disappointed. 

 

After all the advices from my friends, I chose to believe in him. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter