Blacklist/HEY

Not Broken

After much difficulty I have come to update this again :" I'm sorry it took me so long. Anyway after the angsty stuff I decided to just gave ya'll some fluffy stuff~ ^^

I hope you guys like it! Thanks Hyuna [LE] and Got7 for inspiring me lol <3 


This is my last warning. I’ll tell you straight up I don’t like you. ~ Don’t call me for a while, I don’t wanna see you. Get my words through your head right now
Hey you, be careful, cherish him by your side. Hey you, be anxious, I might steal him from you ~ Hey he is too good for you, hey this is a warning ~ Hey if you make him cry again, I won’t let it go

When Baekhyun looked up again he expected something like disgust or maybe amusement. Not because he thought Luhan was like that as the other had already proven before he wasn’t. It was just an automatic expectation. His arms tightening around him didn’t help even though he knew the other didn’t mean any harm.

He couldn’t really say he was shocked but his heart jumped when he saw a look of disbelief on the other’s face and….anger?

Luhan’s jaw was clenched so tight Baekhyun thought he might actually crack his teeth.

Softly he called out to him.

“D-Da ge?”

After a few seconds Luhan let out a deep breath, when his eyes met Baekhyun the younger let out a quiet gasp at the swirl of emotions he could see, but one stood out the most, determination. Glancing at the corner of his eye he also saw Sehun and Jongdae completely still like they were afraid to break the silence and tension. Honestly so was Baekhyun.

“Listen to me….very carefully.” Luhan hissed out and Baekhyun flinched, causing a pained whimper to escape him and Luhan immediately softened, cupping his face. “Shh you’re not in danger.” He whispered and like magic Baekhyun felt himself relaxing.

He just knew he could trust the elder. Right?

He really hoped his anxieties and insecurities weren’t showing. He couldn’t even hold them back anymore, he had though the same with Kyungsoo but look how that turned out.

“Are you listening?” Luhan spoke again, his voice more controlled but strained and a bit hoarse, like it was taking all his energy to keep calm.

Nervously Baekhyun nodded and Luhan his lips before he his thumb over Baekhyun’s cheek. His words bringing to tears to all their eyes.

But for all the right reasons.

“I want you to listen and engrave everything I’m about to say into not only your mind but your heart. You, Byun Baekhyun, are not a doll. You are a human being just like everyone else. You’re a wonderful ray of sunshine who can light up a room simply by walking in. You don’t even know the extent of your beauty and I can’t even describe it. Words can’t do it any justice but I’ll try. You lovely angel who steals away all attention. With your chocolate brown hair, slim and cute button nose, your dark almond eyes that most of the times have eyeliner surrounding them making you look even more alluring. Your thin but pastel pink lips. And don’t get started on how cute you are, you know you look like a puppy almost all the time but especially when you sneeze. That’s just your physical appearance. But your personality is even more gorgeous. You’re the brightest, kindest, most loving, and understanding person I have ever had the pleasure to meet. I’m so happy you’re in my life. You can’t even imagine the happiness you bring to not only my life but everyone else’s. Including strangers on the streets, people at school, your parents, and your friends who are sitting on the couch next to us.”

Luhan paused there as his voice was shaking and he wiped at his eyes, suddenly getting emotional as he knew what he wanted to do next. Baekhyun, Jongdae, and Sehun chuckling a bit at his last words. Baekhyun sniffling as his hand had been permanently covering his mouth and wiping at his eyes. Yes his hand hurt, a lot, and it had gotten tired a while ago. He thinks Luhan somehow knew as the other grabbed his hand gently brought down to his lap as he continued the other’s work of wiping away his tears.

He could feel his face getting hot as Luhan brushed away his tears, but he also noticed the tremble in Luhan’s voice. How he avoided his gaze.

It wasn’t until he started speaking again that he let the other met his gaze.

“Baekhyun. You shouldn’t say you’re okay when you’re crying. And I heard you wanted to…..kill yourself. You hate yourself but you have no reason to. You’re anything and everything anyone could ever ask for and its Kyungsoo’s loss. Not yours. You didn’t ask to be born like this, no one does. You shouldn’t beat yourself up over something you have no control over. You deserved to be loved properly. From your head to your toes. Every single inch of you is beautiful. You were and still are too good for him.” Luhan paused again and inhaled deeply, holding it in before letting out after a few seconds.

He stared at nothing until he worked up his courage then gently took both of Baekhyun’s hands and brought them up to his lips. Kissing the knuckles and smiling when he saw the way the other’s blush darkened.

“W-What are you doing?” Baekhyun nearly whispered he couldn’t understand why the other was suddenly acting like this.

“You’re too good for me too. But unlike him I won’t hurt you, at least I’ll try my hardest not to, I’ll take care of you, and I’ll protect you with all my heart. Taking care of you isn’t a chore or a burden. It’s a benefit, an advantage. Getting to see your smile and hear your laugh. Spend as much time with you as possible. To me all that sounds like a dream.”

Baekhyun’s heart skipped but before he could open his mouth Luhan intertwined their fingers and smiled shyly at him.

“I like you Baekhyun. I don’t know when I started liking you but I do. And hearing this about you doesn’t change anything. I still see you as the same person you were before because that’s exactly what you are. A person. A person I wish to protect, care, and in the future love.”

He heard a small gasp from behind him and figured it was Jongdae as he heard Sehun whisper a small ‘omo,’ closing his eyes briefly he steadied himself once more then looked at Baekhyun.

His blush had spread down to his neck and up to his ears, he was biting his bottom lip. His eyes glossy from unshed tears. He opened his mouth once then closed it once again before doing it all again multiple times.

Luhan smiled and brushed his hair and that seemed to push some invisible thread as Baekhyun gasped and tears spilled down.

Luhan didn’t say anything, just held him gently and rubbed his back. Reminding him he was here and as long as he had a say in it he wasn’t leaving anytime soon.

Jongdae and Sehun whispered their farewells as they quickly left. Knowing the two needed some time to themselves.

As soon as the front door was shut Baekhyun slowly moved his head up, teary eyes blinking repeatedly to try and slow down the tears but to no avail.

“Did….did you mean that?” He whispered and Luhan nodded. “You didn’t even know which part I’m talking about.”

“Doesn’t matter. I meant all of it. Everything that came out my mouth was the absolute truth.” Baekhyun inhaled a shaky breath then nervously asked.

“So it’s true? You like me?”

Luhan nodded again and kissed his forehead.

“I really do.”

It was silent then Luhan saw a smile slowly make its way onto his face.

“I-I like you too.” He whispered and Luhan’s eyes widened.

“Y-You do?!” Baekhyun looked at him like he was crazy before bursting into a fit of giggles and it warmed Luhan’s heart to finally the other’s laughter after what felt like an eternity of seeing the other cry. He knew he was exaggerating but he couldn’t help it. He just really hated it when Baekhyun cried.

“Why else would I want to learn Mandarin?” Luhan raised a brow and Baekhyun quickly amended. “I mean no offense but……….it’s so hard!!!”

Baekhyun pouted and Luhan chuckled before laying down suddenly feeling tired from the day’s events and it was still only the afternoon. He his side so Baekhyun would be pressed against the couch, Luhan’s back facing the room.

It took a few seconds but Luhan finally processed fully what the other said and swore his heart was ready to burst.

“You want to communicate with my parents?” He looked down and Baekhyun hide his face in his chest but slowly nodded.

“Cute.”

He heard the other whine and smiled even wider.

It was silent again before Baekhyun pulled away then looked up at the elder curiously. “Does this mean we’re dating?”

Luhan stopped rubbing the other’s back before shrugging and showing a wide grin.

“Only if you want to.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes but smiled.

“I would have to be stupid to turn you down.”

Luhan hummed and kissed his forehead, chuckling as he saw a blush form once again.

“You want to go on a date?” Baekhyun looked so excited but suddenly it seemed like all the happiness had been out of him and Luhan frowned. “Hey what’s wrong?”

“I just….can’t do much.”

Luhan silently understood what the other was referring to but he didn’t want to ever see the light of excitement leave the other’s eyes like it just did.

“Tell me. Tell me what you want to do. We’ll think of something. I’ll do anything to make you happy.” Baekhyun looked at him and he smiled. Staring into his eyes trying to convey how sincere he was.

Baekhyun seemed to have got the message as he smiled and seemed excited once again.

“I….I’ve never been on a date like this. But….I’ve always wanted to walk along a beach while the sun is setting.” He said softly, a hint of sadness still lingering and Luhan nodded, pulling him closer.

“I’ll make it happen.” He whispered and Baekhyun hummed. Not moving his arms but Luhan didn’t need the other too, didn’t even want him too. Just wanted him to rest and be tranquil for a few moments or however long he needed.

It sent a pang to Luhan’s heart. At first he still didn’t think his illness was such a big deal but as he thought about it and what the other had said. All the things he had seen Baekhyun struggle with. Everyday tasks that everyone does. It made him realize how quickly it must’ve been for Baekhyun to lose hope, to lose faith in himself after Kyungsoo said those words to him. A walk at the beach wouldn’t seem like a big deal to anyone but as Luhan thought more about it, to Baekhyun it meant either a cane, braces, or depending on someone to help you walk. A walk that would probably end up longer than it needed to be. So many people even he, took these things for granted, walking or playing at the beach without a single thought, not even stopping to look at their surroundings while Baekhyun would be in constant pain if he didn’t move slowly and carefully.

At that moment he promised to not only Baekhyun but himself that he would find a way to help Baekhyun. Let him walk or do anything on the beach without having to worry about being in pain. He didn’t know how yet but like he whispered to the younger.

He would make it happen.