Love Don't Change

Not Broken

Hello~ I really don't what to say haha.....^^" Anyway I hope you guys like this one and hopefully this shows a little bit more and gives a few more hints as to what illness Baekhyun has. Also this is Baekhyun's house.


Only two months into the school year and Sehun already needed tutoring for his algebra class. The freshman groaned as he buried his face in his booklet. After a few seconds he felt a gentle hand rubbing his back and he looked up, smiling when he saw Baekhyun looking at him.

“Don’t worry Sehun if I could pass I’m sure you can.” The younger snorted as he knew about the elder’s clear disregard for studying unless it was absolutely necessary.

“Thanks….I guess.” He mumbled, his eyes widening as he saw Baekhyun trying to get up, leaving his stuff behind as he quickly walked over to the other side of the table, the elder rolling his eyes as he saw this and shaking his head.

“Shh let me help.”

“I don’t need it!” The elder kept protesting but it was no use Sehun had already forced him to sit back down while he gathered all of their things, putting them in their respective bags, before putting his own on then moving to pick up Baekhyun who had his arms crossed and looking at him indignantly he sighed but picked him up bridal style anyway. Handing his bag over to the elder who carried it while they walked out the library, the elder hiding his face behind his bag.

“You know it’s for your own good.” Sehun whispered and Baekhyun didn’t make a sound.

He really hated moments like these, his hyung was so full of life and energy, he always loved to be the center of attention, didn’t mind when all eyes were on him. He liked making people smile, he said it’s because you never know what someone could be going through so he wanted to be that small sunshine that everyone could have. But moments like these shattered that illusion that Baekhyun let everyone and sometimes even himself believe, he hated showing his hyung the reality. That he wasn’t like everyone else, he couldn’t nonchalantly do every day normal things like others and it broke his heart when the elder would go silent like this because he knew he would be questioning himself in his head again why he was the one who had ended up this way when his older brother was fine.

“Sehun…..put me down.” It wasn’t a demand, there was no force behind it only desperation, he was begging.

“I-I’m sorry hyung.” He replied and it was silent again.

He was grateful when a senior be barely knew but knew was a friend of Xiumin and Baekhyun’s walked up to them. There really was no expression that stood out on his face but he was smiling.

“Good morning.” As soon as Baekhyun heard those words, or maybe it was the voice Sehun thought, it was like a switch had been flipped.

The elder started squirming so much in his arms he nearly hit him in the face, his bag falling to the ground so he was finally visible, and he couldn’t help but raise a brow as he saw his hyung smile widely, a barely there tint of pink could be seen. So fair he doubted the senior in front of them would see it.

“Hi hyung! How was your morning?” The other shrugged and checked his phone before looking at the both of them again.

“It was okay I guess, I video called my parents.” He smiled again and Sehun guessed the confusion was clear on his face as the elder went on to explain himself.

“I’m originally from China. I moved here when I was younger like during junior high school, of course they were with me back then but later on they missed it too much and couldn’t bear being away anymore so even though I miss them they left to go back. Oh by the way I’m Luhan.”

Sehun nodded making a small sound of acknowledgement. “I’m Sehun.” While Baekhyun curiously asked. 

“Do you have any favorite Chinese dishes you wished we had?”

He shrugged. “Hot pot but I can go to Chinatown for that.” Then he ruffled Baekhyun’s hair who only seemed to smile brighter.

“Luhan I heard someone call you Xi, is that not your name?” Luhan shook his head, chuckling a bit.

“No it’s not a part of my name. It’s just a title. I mean…..it means Mr.” He nodded and Baekhyun nodded.

“Did you just come from the library?” He asked deciding to change the topic and they both nodded.

“I think Sehun might need a tutor for math.”

“Really? Xiumin can tutor him, he’s really good.”

“At Algebra?”

“Anything math.” Luhan replied confidently and Baekhyun poked Sehun’s cheek.

“Boom solved, you’re welcome.”

The younger snorted and rolled his eyes but he smiled at the thought of Xiumin tutoring him.

Luhan took this time while they were all lost in their thoughts for a moment to look Baekhyun over again, he still couldn’t understand why he needed to be carried. Sure he walked a bit funny, and he seemed to get tired from just walking but his body overall seemed fine. There was nothing wrong with his legs from what he could tell.   

“I guess I’ll get going.” Luhan said, honestly it was starting to feel a bit awkward just standing there, Sehun nodded in his direction while Baekhyun waved and yelled goodbye.

“Hyung?” Sehun asked when Luhan had already walked away.

“Hmm?”

“Can Xiumin and I study at your house…..my parents have this thing going on and they said no school friends.”

“Um…..yeah sure.”

“Don’t worry hyung I’ll warn you.” Baekhyun smiled gratefully.

 

“So I’m tutoring now?” Xiumin stated, clearly unamused. “I don’t have time to babysit.”

“Come on you’re gonna thank me.”

The elder rolled his eyes as was in the middle of writing an essay. “Tell them no.”

“It’s Sehun.”

Xiumin stopped typing and looked at Luhan who was lounging casually on his bed.

“What?”

“It’s Sehun and you need to start in an hour.”

“AN HOUR?!” Xiumin scoffed before rushing to his closet.

“Well you wouldn’t let me talk you kept going on and on about how busy you are. Seriously I couldn’t even get one word in so you can’t blame me. And yes in an hour its taking place at Baekhyun’s house for some personal reasons I guess and from what I know Sehun should’ve texted you the address already.”

“Can you check?” Xiumin called from the closet and Luhan got up to grab his phone and surely enough there was a message.

“Yep!”

Xiumin poked his head out, sheepish smile on his face. “Can you go ahead of me and tell them I might be late?”

“Wow……you really do like that freshman.” The elder rolled his eyes while throwing a shoe at his friend.

 

Luhan waved to Xiumin’s mother who had dropped him off in front of Baekhyun’s house. Xiumin would be coming later with his own car so he didn’t see the point of bringing his own.

He was awed when he saw the other’s house it seemed like it cost quite a bit, he tried backing up to which way to go then went to the right, nodding to himself when he saw what he assumed was the small garage or something of the like then next to were stairs leading up to the front door. All the while admiring the how clean and healthy their yard looked. He rang the doorbell and after not hearing anything for five minutes pressed it again before he heard an out of breath voice from somewhere near the door.

“C-Coming!”

He waited for five more minutes before he heard and saw the door knob rattling then the door was slowly opened and the sight that greeted him was Baekhyun in an oversized light blue sweater that reached his knees, messy hair and no eyeliner something that surprised the other as Luhan had never seen Baekhyun without it. And another thing that greatly surprised Luhan was the fact that Baekhyun was holding a cane but it didn’t seem like it was a joke, he stopped staring at it when he realized the other was trying to move the cane out of sight, looking up he could see the other’s face flushed in red from what he could only assume was embarrassment.

“I-I…..thought you were the mailman.” Baekhyun mumbled.

“Don’t they leave the packages at the bottom anyway?”

Baekhyun shook his head. “Not mine……a-anyway come in.” Luhan nodded and took his shoes off, putting on the slippers Baekhyun pointed to. The other still seemed highly embarrassed and even though he was curious he decided to ignore it, he didn’t want him to be uncomfortable in his own home.

“Xiumin is coming soon. He might be late so that’s why he sent me earlier.” Baekhyun nodded and started guiding them towards the living room.

“Oh well he didn’t have to worry since Sehun isn’t here yet either. I was texting him and he was freaking out over what to wear.”

Luhan laughed then explained to Baekhyun that Xiumin had been the same way when the younger had looked at him like he was crazy then both of them started laughing.

“Ah!” Luhan turned around quickly, hearing Baekhyun’s cane fall and rushed over to his side catching him before he could hit the ground. Luhan felt his heart racing, wondering why the other didn’t catch himself or why he didn’t hold onto the wall and he was ready to scold him before he realized Baekhyun’s eyes were still closed tightly, his breathing labored like he was still expecting the ground to hit him.

“Hey…..I got you.” Luhan whispered and he saw Baekhyun slowly opening his eyes, his eyes were watery and he could see the fear in them.

Adjusting the both of them Luhan started carrying him bridal style while Baekhyun directed him then he set him down on the couch. “Stay here, I’ll get your cane okay?”

Baekhyun nodded and Luhan retraced their steps finding the plain black cane still laying on the ground. He picked it up and quickly made his way back, stopping in his tracks when he heard soft sniffles coming from the living room.

“Stupid……why don’t you work?” Baekhyun whispered, poking at his legs.

That’s what Luhan didn’t understand, he saw Baekhyun’s legs working. His toes moved, his legs could move. He shook his head and walked back in, noticing the way Baekhyun wiped his tears away since his head was down then smiled up at him. It truly looked like he hadn’t been crying. Not knowing what to say he sat next to him, leaning the cane against the wall before smiling back at him.

“Your house is nice.”