Open Arms

Not Broken

It's been raining a lot and I think it seeped into my attitude or something so......I'm sorry if this chapter looks so somber I promise the whole story isn't going to be like this! ^^" Btw I changed Baekhyun's house, there's a new picture in the last chapter but I'll link one here too~!

Also my first language isn't English and whenever someone tell me to say something in Spanish like out of nowhere it's like I suddenly forget the whole alphabet, every little word I know is that just me? x.x


“Oh thanks. Both of my parents are doctors so you’ll barely see them…….n-not that you’re gonna come every day.” Baekhyun looked down as he stumbled over his words and Luhan chuckled, patting his knee.

He frowned as it felt a bit small and he realized actually being close to Baekhyun you could tell his legs were a bit thinner then what they were supposed to be, the same goes for his arms. He kept silent about it however as he didn’t want him to be upset anymore.

“Are you okay? Do you want something to drink?” Baekhyun asked and Luhan felt fear as he saw him slowly trying to push himself off the couch, pain was written all over his face and he could the other biting his lips, gritting his teeth, doing anything just to try and push him farther. Quickly shaking his head he made the other sit down again.

“No it’s okay.” He saw Baekhyun frown and he smiled again. “Don’t worry really. So what should we do?”

At that he looked around the living room and Baekhyun did the same before a remote out from between the cushions making Baekhyun laugh and Luhan finally relaxed at hearing it.

“We have two remotes. One we keep in the couch cushions for me.” He happily explained then it slightly faltered as he expected the other to ask him why it needed to be put there especially for me but Luhan saw this and brushed it off again.

“Really? Okay then….um you can choose what we watch I don’t really watch tv.” Baekhyun nodded and turned it on, his smile still there and without both of the realizing Luhan had moved closer and was tracing patterns on Baekhyun’s legs. The latter stayed silent so Luhan didn’t see a problem in it.

His legs slightly twitching every time he traces over his kneecap. Soon the tv was blaring some random show that started acting as white noise as they got to know each other.

Baekhyun learned Luhan was an only child due to a law passed that stated at the time his parents and anyone else could only have one child, he was torn between returning to China and enrolling into one of the SKY universities. He also learned Luhan didn’t really want to label himself but if anyone really wanted to ask he would probably say biual which made Baekhyun ecstatic as he thought the senior was straight. 

Luhan learned the other’s parents were hard at work for finding a cure for some illness that Baekhyun for some reason didn’t want to tell him, due to that he rarely saw his parents. He also found out the other did have an older brother named Baekbeom who was seven years older and in the process of graduating from one of the SKY universities which is why he was often home alone.

“Doesn’t it get lonely? You don’t even have a pet.”

“Appa and Umma said a pet would be too much of a struggle for me.” Baekhyun whispered, glancing at his cane Luhan felt determined to make him forgot about whatever was on his mind.

Then the bell rang.

Luhan felt his heart stop.

Baekhyun stood up. Or tried to.

Now he’s on the floor, sniffling in pain.

“Baekhyun!” Luhan nearly shouted, concern everywhere as he knelt down and carefully guided the other to sit up. All he saw were tears pouring down, he wouldn’t look up to meet his eyes.

Luhan growled in frustration as the doorbell kept sounding, he stomped his way impatiently and pressed a button to unlock the door before he swiftly turned around. He heard two voices, both trying to call out to him but he ignored them having only Baekhyun in his mind.

 

Baekhyun sighed as he wiped his tears away frantically, having made a fool of himself in front of his crush for the second time. Yes he liked Luhan, he knew it the moment he saw his senior in his freshman year that he liked him.

His momentum was off, which meant he was getting worse again. Two months ago he could lift himself up, get out of cars, and now he can’t even bend down to pick things up. He couldn’t even pick himself up off the floor so now he was stuck until Luhan came back to help him. He hated that.

Needing to depend on other’s to help do simple everyday tasks that shouldn’t bother him, that don’t bother anyone else but it wasn’t his choice.

The cruel reminder of it nearly had him bursting into tears again before he heard pairs of footsteps, the first to reach him was Luhan who picked him up and laid him down on the couch.

“Are you okay?” He only nodded weakly, all excitement of having his crush near him dissipated, replaced with shame and sadness.      

Sehun came rushing in next with Xiumin closed behind. “Hyung are you okay?” The youngest in the room went to the elder then leaned down to whisper into his ear. “Did you fall?” His heart sank as Baekhyun nodded dejectedly.

“Hyung go get your braces.” With Sehun’s help the elder was able to sit up.

“I don’t want to!”

“Then stay in your room!” Sehun demanded, both Xiumin and Luhan were floored that he could speak like that to his hyung but Baekhyun stayed unfazed. His bottom lip trembled and Luhan just knew he was going to cry again.

Without another word he weakly scooted down the couch until he could grab his cane, pushing away all hands that tried to help and slowly left the room. It was awkward afterward, no one say a word before Xiumin cleared his throat and gingerly took the textbook Sehun was holding.

“So……” He trailed off and Sehun blushed pointing him to the couch. It might seem like he didn’t care but he really did, he hated scolding his hyung.

“Luhan hyung can you check on him in ten minutes?” Luhan of course nodded and started counting down the seconds.

Luhan didn’t think he made it the full ten minutes it was so painfully obvious Xiumin and Sehun had something for each other he wanted to run out the house screaming. They found every excuse to touch other from passing pencils back and forth to ‘accidently’ turning the page at the same time.

Shaking his head he climbed up the steps, admiring the dimming evening sky as he went up. It’s only when he reached the top floor he realized Baekhyun had a floor to himself. Sehun only told him to go to the top, there were only two doors. He assumed one was for the latter’s bedroom then a bathroom.

He knocked on the door closest to the left and heard a soft ‘come in’ he slowly opened the door and his eyes widened to see Baekhyun sitting on the ground his legs apart, apparently doing his homework that was between his legs, with walking braces on both his feet.

“Sehun I’m not mad at you, I know it’s for my own good. It’s just……ugh…you know how frustrating it is right? Anyway I’m saying you don’t have to apologize we’ve been through this many times before.”

Luhan didn’t say anything, eyes locked on the braces and he could see Baekhyun frown when he didn’t get an answer.

“Sehun!” Baekhyun whined not hearing a response, ready to throw his pencil but stopped feeling the words die in this throat as his grip on the pencil tightened slightly and he looked down.

“L-Luhan hyung! Y-You’re still here?”

“Should I go?”

“N-No! I-I mean if you want then…..yeah just leave…..leave.” Baekhyun muttered wanting to hit himself for being so timid around his hyung, he wasn’t like this but he felt relieved when he only heard a chuckle. He looked up and saw Luhan smiling then he sat next to him, peering over his shoulder.

“What you doing?”

“Um…..just vocabulary.” He nodded then started playing around on his phone. Both of them not sure how to strike up another conversation as this was technically only the second time either of them had a good chance to talk to each other.

Finishing his work quickly Baekhyun pushed it to the side then turned to look at Luhan who still immersed in his phone, what he didn’t know was the only reason he was doing that was to keep from staring at him.

Baekhyun tried to search for any topic, usually it wouldn’t be hard for him then his eyes twinkle as he nudged the elder who finally looked up from his screen, tilting his head in a way that had Baekhyun’s signature rectangle smile make an appearance.

“So hyung….since you were raised in China you speak Mandarin right?” Luhan nodded in confirmation and he noticed how Baekhyun’s eye lit up even more, trying to move closer to him so Luhan did the same to make it easier.

“Then……I know this is probably annoying since like everyone says this probably if you tell them that you can speak something other than Korean but-“

Luhan chuckled and ended the other’s ramblings.

“You want me to speak Mandarin for you?”

“Um….well yes.”

“Okay.”

Baekhyun smiled then urged him on. “Go on hyung! You can say anything, even curse at me. I know literally no Mandarin what so ever.”

Luhan chuckled then tried thinking of what to say before telling Baekhyun he had a pretty smile and the younger started gushing over how he sounded.

“You sound so perfect.” Baekhyun whispered and Luhan furrowed his brows making him blush as he realized he had said that out loud. “I mean not that you sound bad in Korean but like….you know in your mother tongue you sound better….more natural and stuff.”

He started biting his lip and Luhan hugged the other quickly trying to let him know he understood.

“Can you say something else?!” Baekhyun asked excitedly when their hug was broken and Luhan shrugged.

If he was honest it really did irritate him when other’s asked but for some reason when Baekhyun did he couldn’t but want to speak out every word in his language, say every sentence he possibly could as long as it would keep that beautiful smile on his face and those eyes twinkling.

“You’re so cool.” Baekhyun gushed over and over and Luhan smiled shyly, feeling something tug in his chest which he ignored.

“Thanks?” Baekhyun laughed then made to move which had Luhan standing in an instant to help him up.

“You didn’t have too.”

Then there’s a knock on the door and Baekhyun sighs like he knows what it’s for and Luhan tilts his head but goes to open the door once he makes sure he can stand on his own. He’s surprised to find a woman who seems somewhere in her mid-twenties standing outside, she just as surprised.

He stepped aside and she smiled when she saw Baekhyun.

“Are you ready for your shower Baekkie?”

There was a silence, Luhan standing by the door confused and Baekhyun trying to make himself as small as possible as he nodded.

“Yes noona.”