Don't Wannabe Your Friend

Not Broken

Um so....OTL hit me I know I'm terrible anyway this chapter has bad language in it and I kinda maybe made Kyungsoo a really really bad person I'm sorry I needed someone and he just seemed to fit that role in my head----- 

Also Baekhyun's illness will be revealed next chapter!


Baekhyun shook his head wondering why his friends were over reacting, carefully he swiped a few times and was calling Jongdae.

He was humming softly and glanced over to Luhan who was smiling at him and wiggling his toes once in a while making him giggle, then the line picked up.

“Why you and the honey bun overreacting huh? What did that idiot do this time?” Baekhyun asked sassily and he heard the other chuckle but then it was paired with a sigh.

“We saw him……..with Kyungsoo…at a coffee shop.” Baekhyun’s smile faded and he gripped the phone tight before he let out a pained squeal and dropped the phone, his hand dropping to his lap as his body started shaking about what the latter had done to him, well had said to him more precisely, he felt so betrayed.

“Baek?! Baek? What’s wrong, tell me!”

Luhan didn’t know what to do as Baekhyun had seemed fine just a few seconds ago.

“H-Him….” His voice trembled and as gently as he could he pulled him into his lap, cradling him to his chest trying to comfort him to the best of his abilities but it was hard when he didn’t even know why the other was crying.

Then the doorbell started ringing. It was only once but soon it started ringing so repeatedly Luhan thought a mob was at Baekhyun’s front door.

“Hyung…can you go get it? I-I’ll be okay?” The elder nodded and moved Baekhyun off his lap, getting up he only saw the younger staring at the wall blankly, he sighed but walked quickly to the front door.

The sight that greeted him only further surprised and confused him. Chanyeol, Sehun, and Jongdae were all there. The two yelling at Chanyeol, calling him a traitor and saying he didn’t deserve to see Baekhyun. Clearing his throat they all stopped, blinked then tried pushing past him but Luhan walked out and closed the door, blocking it with his body. His eyes hardened and the three stiffened, backing up.

“Explain.” He stated quietly but there was force behind it, Jongdae having been ready to throw Chanyeol under the bus pointed at him with a frown.

“Don’t let him speak, text, breathe, or even THINK about Baekhyun.” The eldest raised his eyes at how protective he was being then glanced to Chanyeol whose gaze was downcast.

Then Sehun spoke up. “Hyung maybe it would be better if we explained.”

Jongdae sighed but started talking about how everything had gone downhill.

 

“You think he’s still there?”

“Maybe, Xiumin hyung said Luhan never texted him or went back to his house.”

Jongdae hummed as he opened the door to the café, stepping inside with the youngest trailing behind. He looked at the line, relieved it wasn’t too long.

“Want anything?”

“Bubble tea duh.” Usually he would’ve scolded the younger but he shrugged this time, he had been stupid to even ask.

“Should we get Baek something?”

Sehun bit his lip and looked at the menu looking for anything his hyung might like when his eyes drifted and he saw a familiar tall frame as he sat down, he lightly nudged Jongdae who turned to him.

“Hyung its Chanyeol!”

Jongdae smiled but then his mouth dropped when they saw Chanyeol shift then a familiar pair of big owl eyes staring at the tall man with happiness.

Sehun didn’t know how to feel. Chanyeol was his hyung and they had known each other for such a long time but here he was. With someone who had met his beloved Baekhyun hyung’s life hell, made him depressed and filled with insecurities for the longest time, made him reject his own body and yet he had the gall to call himself Baekhyun’s best friend.

He fisted his hands but before he could think Jongdae was already over there, quickly followed him. The owl-eyed man stared at them blankly for a second then he saw a glint of anxiousness in them. Sehun was quiet standing behind Jongdae who was glaring at the man with so much hate. Chanyeol started getting up and it was like a switch was flipped, Jongdae him and right in the middle of the café started screaming at him about how terrible a person he was, how he wasn’t even a friend and didn’t deserve to have that title anywhere near him when it concerned Baekhyun or the two of them as far as he was concerned.

“WE ALL AGREED THAT THIS WASTE OF A HUMAN BEING SHOULDN’T EVEN BE ALLOWED IN OUR LIVES AFTER WHAT HE DID.”

Chanyeol stood up this time and his nostrils flared with anger and Jongdae only narrowed his eyes as if daring him to try and defend the other man who was motionless, seemingly in a state of shock.

“Do no call-“

Before he could even finish Jongdae slapped him right across the face, the sound echoing off the walls as the nearby customers flinched and the workers started stepping in. Jongdae who was breathing heavily started walking towards the exit.

“Don’t bother I’m leaving.” He hissed out and everyone backed away, Sehun trailing after him, with his hand of the door he turned back and glared at Chanyeol who was now sitting down at his table again, holding his cheek.

“WAIT TILL I TELL BAEKHYUN YOU .” Then he stormed out, Chanyeol’s eyes widening as he looked back at the male he was with apologetically but the other shooed him away and he ran out.

 

“Just….don’t believe him, don’t listen to any of his excuses!”

“If you would just-“ Chanyeol was cut off by both Jongdae’s and Sehun’s death glares, he looked at Luhan and only received  a blank stare in return.

“Who is this guy that’s so bad?”

“Kyungsoo.” Jongdae said without any hesitation. “He’s the most despicable human being and doesn’t care about anymore but himself.”

“He feels sorry okay? He just n-“ This time it was Sehun who snapped, glaring at his hyung while stepping up to him as he responded vehemently.

“Sorry doesn’t erase the two years hyung spent cutting himself, trying to overdose, hating his body, trying to kill himself. In fact he still to some degree hates himself and I wouldn’t be surprised if it had something to do with Kyungsoo!”

Luhan’s eyes widened as he thought about Baekhyun doing all those things to himself, thinking badly about himself and he felt a sharp pang to his heart. How could someone as angelic and beautiful as Baekhyun not know his true beauty?

That thought made Luhan realize something, he was already too old to try and conceal his feelings, he knew what he felt, he liked Baekhyun, but he wasn’t sure how to act.

“He’s your hyung.”

“I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR HIM.”

Sehun crossed his arms and Jongdae did nothing to correct his behavior something that ticked Chanyeol off to no end but he knew he was in the wrong.

He felt more than heard a small knock on the door, opening the door they all saw Baekhyun with his cane, taking shaky steps outside. Luhan instantly helped him out then wrapped his arm around his waist holding him close, ignoring the tingly feeling he felt at the moment to instead focus on what Baekhyun would say.

It was a quiet for a few moments before Baekhyun slowly raised his head, he looked at Chanyeol with such a cold, dead stare it rattled the taller man’s insides to be stared at like that by Baekhyun, his ray of sunshine. Everyone’s ray of sunshine.

“Park….Chanyeol.” He spoke quietly but deadly and even the other three felt a weird sensation at seeing Baekhyun act this way.

“Never and I mean never talk to me again. Don’t even look at me. Don’t try and use our parents as an excuse to try and visit me or I swear I will put myself six feet under. I don’t need your boyfriend to do it for me.”

Chanyeol’s mouth dropped, but Baekhyun kept talking.

“I don’t know and I don’t care how long you’ve been talking to him. But all I know is the second you even THOUGHT about seeing him, about talking to him.” He took a deep breath then pursed his lips as he spat his next words.

“You were dead to me. You are dead to me. I don’t know who you are so don’t talk to me like a friend, you’re just a stranger now leave the premises or I will call the cops.”

Everyone was silent until Chanyeol slowly backed away, tears slowly building in his eyes but Baekhyun only urged him to leave. When he was gone however a tear slipped down Baekhyun’s cheek as he whimpered.

Jongdae and Sehun immediately rushed to his side and Luhan just held him tighter, all of them whispering sweet nothings and encouragements to him.

 

When they were inside Luhan still kept quiet as Baekhyun played with his cane.

“I still can’t believe Chanyeol did that.” Jongdae huffed and Sehun rolled his eyes.

“I can tell you, I know you want to know.” Baekhyun broke the silence between them, Jongdae and Sehun looked at each other as this was something Baekhyun rarely talked about with anyone. Not many people knew about Kyungsoo.

“You don’t have too.”

“But I want too. I don’t want you to leave and be fed lies. Kyungsoo is that type of person, he always was.” The younger stated bitterly and Luhan scooted down the couch to be closer to him.

Placing his hand right over his knees as Baekhyun looked at him, still playing with his cane nervously.

“Alright then tell me the truth. I’ll believe you and only you.” Luhan spoke honestly and Baekhyun’s eyes widened, Jongdae and Sehun were also surprised.

“Why only me?”

“I have a reason. A very big and important reason that I’ll tell you about later.”

Luhan replied and Baekhyun let out a soft hum, clearing his throat he stared at the wall ahead.

“Well I met Kyungsoo two years ago, that’s when it started really. He was my first crush, my first love. And he completely and utterly broke me, not just my heart, but my mind, my soul….he shattered everything.”

Baekhyun whispered and Luhan frowned already disliking him, he squeezed his knee encouragingly and the other smiled at him sadly before sighing again as another tear slipped down his cheek as he started recalling the memories of what happened.