Over

Not Broken

I didn't update when I said I would I know I'm sorry >< I really wanted too and I know you all hate excuses but I'm very sorry. I'm writing this one and Alpha's Orders simultaneously and this one sfjdfjdgjkl I needed to do a lot some research and ugh. Anyway I dropped a lot of hints this chapter about Baekhyun's illness because I'll probably be revealing it in the next one or the one after that! ^^ Also for the stuff about Luhan teaching Baekhyun it kinda isn't but kinda is necessary [i dunno depends on who you are] it was mostly to explain what gege means and why Baekhyun won't be calling Luhan by it even though he's learning Mandarin from him. [or maybe read it, this whole note will make more sense if you do but anyway i got the info from this blog]

Also this chapter song is Over by TWOX I hope you check them out they're so underrated ><


The next morning Luhan woke up before Baekhyun, slightly stretching his arms up above his head before looking down at the weight resting on his chest. The younger hadn’t moved an inch since the night before. Not having the heart to leave him he stayed still, running his fingers through his hair casually as he thought about last night. Wondering why turning on his bed was such a struggle for him.

He sighed and stared up at the ceiling, it all seemed like the plot of a drama maybe his parents were too busy because they were looking for a cure for Baekhyun’s disease or whatever he had. Luhan thought it over and it made sense, why the other wouldn’t tell him what his parents were researching on.

A little later he felt Baekhyun yawn, looking down he saw him slowly blinking open his eyes, they stayed open for a few seconds before closing again then he muttered.

“Good morning hyung.” Luhan hummed and stopped his hair. “Morning, did you sleep well?”

Only getting a small nod in return he slowly sat up. “Can….um can you move your legs to the side?”

He didn’t get a response but tugging the comforter off he saw the other’s legs slowly moving off the edge of the bed. When they were more than halfway off Luhan cradled Baekhyun’s head to his chest then grabbed his legs, picking him up bridal style and walking to the bathroom.

“Do you need help brushing your teeth?” He saw the other hesitate before shaking his head.

“It’s okay.” He muttered, opening his eyes again as he reached out for his toothbrush, Luhan noticed it was electronic.

“Um there should be extra toothbrushes in the cabinet since noona keeps them there so she doesn’t have to run to the store and leave me alone.”

Kneeling down to check the cabinet he opened a small drawer and saw it filled with toothbrush packages, picking out a red one he stood back up seeing the other already putting toothpaste on his with much difficulty.

He realized it wasn’t really the tube giving him trouble but it seemed to be like his arms were causing him pain. But why Luhan had no clue.

Since he had no clue he decided to ignore it, even though this time it pained him to do so but he pushed that thought aside. After he finished he rinsed his mouth out, placing his brush in the holder and taking note of the purple one already there figuring it was his caretaker’s.

Finally done he glanced over to Baekhyun who was weakly tipping over the side of the sink, raising one hand carefully and slowly. It almost made him huff in impatience but he realized that would be incredibly rude and stopped before he did so.

He watched as Baekhyun did everything he had done, at a much slower pace, before turning to face him and flashing a bright smile one that almost had Luhan wanting to pull him into his arms and hug him as hard as he could.

“Hyung the mouthwash is behind you!” His voice hummed and the elder turned, opening it and pouring some before bringing it to Baekhyun’s lips who drank it and faced the mirror swishing the liquid around.

He closed it back up waiting for him to finish, after Baekhyun rinsed his mouth out he steadied himself on the wall.

“So good morning hyung! Again.” He chuckled when Baekhyun did so, he swore he would never get tired of seeing that smile spread itself on his face and hearing that infectious laughter. 

“Morning.”

He saw the other about to say something before his eyes widened, tiling his head he raised a brow as Baekhyun closed his eyes looking distraught.

“Are you okay?”

“Hyung! Ahh I’m so dumb, so dumb, all that damn studying.” Baekhyun suddenly started mumbling and he watched as the other leaned onto the walls slowly but steadily making his way out of the bathroom.

Deciding to follow him he watched as Baekhyun stopped in front of his nightstand staring at the drawer it had, slowly reaching his hand out wincing as he did so. Luhan quickly rushed over and pulled it open seeing a bottle of pills he figured that’s what the other wanted and held it up to which Baekhyun nodded.

“Water.”

Luhan handed him the bottle of pills and made his way downstairs quickly, when he came back Baekhyun had sat on the edge of his bed and was waiting for him, two pills sitting in the middle of his palm.

He smiled and carefully took the glass from him, calmly and slowly swallowing the pills. After Luhan noticed he looked a bit shaken up but still drank some water then he slowly relaxed.

“Can you put the bottle away?”

Snapping out of his thoughts he cleared his throat and did as he was told then decided to test his luck. “What were those? You looked upset.”

“Mmm I forgot to take them the past two days because I was studying, that’s why I was getting worse.” Baekhyun quietly admitted and Luhan saw him staring blankly at the floor.

“Appa and Umma say when I take it gets better. That’s what the hospital says too, I feel myself get better too…AHH SO DUMB!”

Luhan jerked up when Baekhyun raised his voice, the latter sighing dejectedly. Opening the drawer just enough to see the bottle he caught the word prednisone biting his lip he mentally repeated it before closing the drawer then gently taking Baekhyun’s hand making him jump slightly in shock. Luhan smiled when he saw the pink tint spread across his cheeks again.

“Aren’t you hungry?”

Baekhyun smiled and with Luhan’s help stood up. “Want your cane?” The elder gently asked seeing it by the door and the other shook his head.

“Appa said I should go without it some days in the house to exercise my muscles.” 

Luhan wanted to ask why he didn’t just participate when they still had physical education but quickly shot that idea down as he felt and took note of how thin and fragile Baekhyun was, any freshmen could easily crush him.

Reaching the dining room Luhan helped Baekhyun sit down at the table then walked into the kitchen that was connected.

“There should still be food leftover from when noona cooked yesterday morning.”

Skimming over the contents he found two boxes of tupperware stacked neatly and brought them both out, after checking and seeing they both had the same food and amount he heated them up then walked back to Baekhyun who was patiently waiting and handed him his chopsticks.

They had both been quiet for the most at the beginning. Luhan just eat silently as he thought over everything that he had seen and heard so far from staying with Baekhyun. Baekhyun trying to figure out how to start a conversation.

“So hyung?”

Luhan hummed, glancing at him.

“Do you have any honorifics? Like….when we say hyung, oppa, unnie. You know.”

“You want to know what to call me?” Baekhyun nodded excitedly and Luhan chuckled.

“Since I’m older you call me Gege but well…do you really want me to teach you a whole lesson now?”

“Yes please!!” Luhan looked him over and nodded when he saw the determination in his eyes.

“Alright well this is kinda going to be a long explanation.”

“That’s okay just teach me! I asked didn’t I?” Baekhyun sassed and Luhan flicked his nose making him smile.

“Let me start off by saying it is gender neutral. For example for an older man you have oppa and hyung right? For their respective gender.” Baekhyun nodded and he continued.

“Well gege can be used by both male and female, understand?” Baekhyun nodded again. “Ahh how do I start……okay. So let’s get this out of the way first, you know how oppa works right? Oppa is used for your boyfriend and actual brother or close friend. Well since gege has a more direct meaning it would be weird to call your boyfriend gege because that’s like you literally calling him your blood related brother. Gege and Oppa do not work the same way.”

He stopped for a few seconds to let Baekhyun process this and continued on when the other looked back up at him with a slight nod.

“So to explain fully gege is only acceptable in the case of oppa when a girl is referring to her legitimate brother or close friend, someone that is like family to her. Now I told you that you could call me gege but let me expand on that. Do you understand everything I’ve been saying thus far?”

Baekhyun closed his eyes, mumbled a small ‘yes’ then opened his eyes again, Luhan was surprised at himself for explaining so well. He hadn’t really taught anyone and never planned to.

“Well a lot of people say gege in the way of a younger man referring to an older man but….there’s nothing really wrong with it, it’s totally acceptable in everyday society it just….doesn’t really flow right I can’t really explain. Say you wanted something from me okay? So you would say gege then whatever you wanted. There’s nothing wrong with it, it just sounds odd.”

He stopped again to let it process once again, seeing Baekhyun take small bites of his breakfast then nod again.

“Which is why a lot of times it’s shortened to ge which is like bro or it’s said as da ge which translates to big bro.”

“So….in the end you would prefer me to use ge or da ge instead of gege because it flows better?” Baekhyun asked for confirmation and smiled triumphantly when Luhan smiled.

“Good, you learn well.”

“Well I am determined.”

Luhan chuckled and they finished the rest of their breakfast peacefully while talking about anything that entered their minds.

After they went into the living room, Baekhyun sitting on the couch with his legs spread out in front of him, help from Luhan, his legs being in said person’s lap as they kept talking to each other.

Clearing his throat he decided to use one of the phrases Luhan had taught him the day before paired with what he had learned earlier and he smiled in delight when Luhan’s eyes brightened and he got a hug in return.

For Baekhyun it seemed like those overly cheesy moments in the dramas where time stops. But it really did feel this way, to have his crush of three years hugging him, on his couch, in his house, while they were laughing and learning from each other, it was more than Baekhyun had ever expected to be able to obtain with Luhan yet everything he wanted.

Just then his phone buzzed and Luhan reached for it then handed it to him.

From: Jongzilla

Don’t talk to Chanyeol under ANY circumstances 🙅

Before he could type his confusion another message came.

From: Honey 🍯

Eww don’t talk to Chanyeol hyung 😒