Knock You Down

Not Broken

Aww it's been so late I know >< but finals are next week so I've been studying and honestly I just found some free time between loads of laundry to do this!! Just to let you know I'm not gonna stop writing I'm still alive~^^ Hopefully I can update this story and Alpha's Orders when my finals end (so...Thursday or Friday) anyway I hope you like this chapter~! 

 ♡ Sometimes love comes around. And it knocks you down. Just get back up when it knocks you down  


Luhan watches silently as she helps Baekhyun take off his braces then stands him up, steadying him before they walk towards a door Luhan didn’t even notice before. It was right next to Baekhyun’s walk-in closet, when she opened the door he was surprised to see the bathroom. He had thought that’s what the other door he had seen before was for.

He couldn’t hear anything but the water running, he wanted so badly to talk about what he had seen but by judging the other’s earlier actions he knew he would only make him uncomfortable so he chose to ignore it again.

Like he predicted Baekhyun came walking back out with the help of the woman he still didn’t know the name of. He looked embarrassed and avoided all eye contact.

After she had helped Baekhyun down to his bed she turned to Luhan and bowed deeply, coming back up with a gentle smile.

“You must be a friend of his right?” He nodded. “Nice to meet you I’m Shin Hye, Baekhyun’s caretaker.”

He nodded again, looking to Baekhyun who had his head down. He couldn’t help but smile because even like this, with the other only wearing an oversized black t-shirt and nothing else he still looked lovely.

Shin Hye who had been watching Luhan chuckled quietly to herself, seeing something in the man’s gaze but didn’t comment on it.

“Usually I would stay the whole night-“

“I can take over.” Luhan cut in, the words left before he could think about them but he didn’t find himself regretting it.

Both Baekhyun and Shin Hye looked shocked, she looked at Baekhyun who had a blush slowly spreading on his face and she smiled.

“Are you sure?” Luhan nodded, turning to her with a smile. “I can don’t worry.”

“Your parents?” She asks gently.

“They’re in China, I live alone. I’ll make it up to my bed later.” He joked and she chuckled, then turned to Baekhyun.

“Is that okay with you dear?” Baekhyun nodded slowly, still not saying anything and she nodded. Walking over to him and kissing his forehead before bowing once more to Luhan then collecting her things and leaving the room.

“You seem pretty close.” Luhan commented, sitting next to Baekhyun who finally seemed like he could speak.

“Uh…..y-yeah. S-She’s been with me since I was little.”

“What do you mean?”

“I just…..I don’t remember a memory without her.” Luhan nodded then looked around.

“Um let me see if Sehun and Xiumin are still here okay?” Baekhyun hummed and left the room.

Luhan walked down to the living room and saw them both gone, a sticky note on the table they were working on.

Hey Lu we already left we didn’t know if you were gonna stay longer. Just call me if you want me to come back and pick you up okay? Don’t stay over too late.   
XOXO Min~

Going back upstairs he now saw Baekhyun in the center of his bed, his legs stretched out again like they were before. Avoiding looking at him.

“Um…the next room is a guest room it also connects to the bathroom.”

“Why?”

“Because that’s where noona stays when she comes to watch me.”

Sitting down on his bed Luhan finally asks. “Why does she need a room?”

“Well like I said my parents and hyung are never here so my dad hired someone to watch over me. She usually comes in the evening, just in time for us to have dinner together then she…..she helps me shower then we just do things together before we feel sleepy.”

Luhan nodded taking in everything that he was being told, before he ran a hand through his hair. “Do you really need her?”

Baekhyun shyly nodded, playing with his duvet. “I-I do.”

“Well since I’m here what does she do?”

“Well on week nights she puts me to bed then in the mornings we have breakfast and either she drives me to school or Chanyeol does. On weekends we just hang out for the whole day.”

Luhan picked up his phone checking the time, seeing it was nine then looked back to Baekhyun.

“So what do you wanna do?” He latter shrugged before sighing. 

“Aren’t you curious?”

“Hmm?”

Instead of answering he pointed to the cane in the corner and his walking braces that were by the foot of his bed.

“I am. Very curious.”

He could tell he was confused so he continued. “I also know that you seem uncomfortable every time those two things are in the picture. I want you to be happy so I won’t ask. I’ll wait patiently until you trust me and decide to tell me yourself.”

Baekhyun smiled feeling his heart flutter before he looked down at his legs and took a deep breath.

“Would….you ever love someone who can’t take care of themselves?”

The question caught Luhan off guard but he didn’t let it show, he thought about it for a few moments before shaking his head.

“If I like someone then I just do. Their physical capabilities don’t mean anything.”

He smiled looking into Baekhyun’s eyes so the other would know he was being sincere. Baekhyun felt his cheeks heat up and he looked away, trying to think of something to draw the attention away.

“So um….can you teach me some Mandarin?” He spoke softly at first, before straightening up. “I heard it’s a hard language.”  

“Yep…there’s like a whole bunch of ways to say something depending on the situation or who you’re with.”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened and he chuckled.

“It’s okay I’ll only teach you the most basic way of saying something okay?”

He hummed and they spent the next hour and a half going through the Chinese alphabet and how to say simple phrases. Luhan helping him with his pronunciations.

“Woah….they weren’t kidding.” Baekhyun mumbled and Luhan chuckled, patting his head and deciding he had learned enough for one day.

Sighing he laid back down on the bed as Baekhyun was still skimming through the pages he had used to write down the characters. He didn’t know why but it warmed his heart to know Baekhyun wanted to learn Mandarin.

“Do your parents speak Korean?” Turning his head he saw the younger staring at him questioningly. “Not really, I usually translated most things for them when they still lived here, another reason why they wanted to leave.”

Baekhyun nodded and Luhan raised a brow as he saw a determined glint in his eyes. Just then someone’s phone started blasting out from the corner of the room and he saw Baekhyun glance at it before looking back down at the paper.

“Can you get that hyung? Must be my parents.”

Getting up Luhan saw Baekhyun was right, it was his mom. “Hello my beloved son I hope you’re doing well~” He heard a middle aged woman sing song, but before he could cut in she continued.

“So your father and I won’t be able to come home tonight we’re very sorry sweetie. Oh! You started your junior year didn’t you? Aww my smart little boy, I’ve checked your grades online so far you’re doing very well! Just one more year and that’s it darling! Did she get there yet? Oh who am I kidding she probably did anyway love you darling sorry I haven’t seen you in so long. I’ll see you…..mm later love you~!”

Then the call was cut, Luhan blinked not sure what just happened. The whole time she had been speaking rapidly as if she had somewhere to be and he noticed she never gave a clear date and when Baekhyun would see her.

Putting the phone down he turned to see Baekhyun stretching out his fingers. “Your mom said she would see you later? And she saw your grades. She congratulated you on being a junior.”

“Alright.”

“You don’t seem excited?”

“The last time she said we would see each other later was a month ago….I never saw her.”

Luhan’s eyes widened as he sat back down but Baekhyun remained nonchalant as if it’s a usual occurrence, and he figured it was. When the other his parents were busy doctors he hadn’t expected them to be this busy.

He started staring off into space, his thoughts only clearing when Baekhyun cleared his throat, because it was so sudden and his thought process was shattered he blurted out the very thing he had been thinking about.

“You haven’t worn pants.”    

“W-What?” He felt his whole face flush red as Baekhyun raised a brow at him skeptically before leaning in, he saw a slightly strained expression on his face, and whispering.

“Are my legs really that ugly?” He chuckled when Luhan shook his head frantically, over his lips nervously before Baekhyun burst out laughing and he relaxed, releasing the breath of air he had held in.

“I usually don’t wear pants at home.” Baekhyun explained and Luhan gave him a look to elaborate and he sighed but continued. “My legs really hurt. Like a lot.”

“Why?” He questioned immediately and he saw Baekhyun stiffen. “Nevermind.” He said quietly and Baekhyun checked the time.

“Um can you help me lay down?”

Luhan helped Baekhyun lay down, after that taking a quick shower. He glanced at the guest room he was supposed to sleep in before peeking inside Baekhyun’s room. The lights were still on and it seemed like the other wanted to move but his face was scrunched up in pain. Walking over to him he gently sat near the foot of the bed.

“You okay?” He received a weak nod.

“I accidently went on my side.”

Luhan knew that entailed an understanding of what was physically wrong with Baekhyun but since the latter wouldn’t tell him that he helped him back onto his back slowly, they both said their goodnights and Luhan left turning off the light.

Luhan however couldn’t fall asleep as he kept hearing small whimpers coming from the room next to him. After what he assumed was ten minutes he sighed and kicked the sheets off him, walking into Baekhyun’s bedroom he saw him slowly moving his arms and legs as if searching for a comfortable position. He didn’t know what it was but something inside him hurt when he saw the younger in pain, he chalked it down to empathy, then climbed in right beside Baekhyun, as slowly and gently as he could move the other onto his chest he did so then pulled the covers up around them, wrapping his arms around the other’s waist. He didn’t hear any protests, he figured the younger was too tired to do so and in a few short minutes he heard his breath evening out.