One and Only

Not Broken

[Sehun (15) – Freshman: Baekhyun and Chanyeol (17) – Junior: Xiumin and Luhan (18) – Senior]

 

Luhan sighed, leaning back in the seat while Xiumin started the engine. Way too tired to think any coherent thoughts, the day had barely started and he already wanted it to be over. 

“You ready for our last year of high school?” Luhan nodded then teased.

“Don’t get senioritis.” Making Xiumin snort as he sped to their high school. “Look who’s talking.”

 

As soon as they got there Luhan started searching for a familiar car, Xiumin who noticed this shook his head while locking the car then walking over to his side. “Really? You still haven’t made a move.”

Luhan looked down then he heard voices say a familiar name.

“I’ll get Baekhyun hyung out the car.”

“No don’t worry about it Hunnie I will.”

“But hyung you’ve been doing it for three years! I’ll do it!” Luhan looked up and saw Chanyeol, Baekhyun’s best friend, and a new face. He looked to Xiumin to see if the older knew who it was and smirked when he saw him looking at the new kid awestruck.

“I-I’m okay guys.” A shy voice spoke up and Luhan instantly searched for it and smiled when he saw Baekhyun slowly stepping out the car, walking carefully to the other two who were bickering. Looking down at his feet Luhan frowned.

He had realized last year that if Baekhyun ever walked he would walk on his tiptoes, as if walking on his whole foot pained him. He also realized that ever since freshmen year Chanyeol would be in all of Baekhyun’s classes, he remembered asking about it on one of the rare times he had found the courage to talk to him.

 

“Oh yeah, Chanyeol is a family friend. Our parents talked to the principal and had our schedules adjusted so he could help me in all our classes.” Baekhyun informed him happily.

Luhan smiled but there was still something that bugged him. “And why exactly do you need help?”

He saw Baekhyun blush and look down to his book.

“Uh….just g-getting things for me. And handing in s-stuff.” He stumbled over his words and Luhan tilted his head.

“So like an assistant? Are you rich or something.” Baekhyun quickly shook his head but finally looked up.

“I-It…..it’s not that…just um….I-I.“ Baekhyun was cut off by Chanyeol before he could continue speaking.

“Come on Baek time to go.” He nodded and put his books away. “Bye hyung!” He smiled and instead of walking away with Chanyeol like Luhan expected, the taller scooped up Baekhyun in his arms, carrying him bridal style then walked away with him.

 

“BAEKHYUN!” Luhan was harshly pulled from his thoughts when both Chanyeol and Sehun shrieked, making everyone in the parking lot look at them.

Baekhyun looked down shyly, playing with his fingers. “Don’t be so loud yet. Kyungsoo will get mad if we make a scene…please.” He pleaded and Chanyeol sighed, they both apologized before Sehun walked closer to Baekhyun.

“It’s okay Sehun really.” He smiled but the younger didn’t listen, instead he put a hand on the elder’s back and reached down to place his arm behind his knees then lifted him up. The three, or more like two, then walked inside the school.

“Why do you think they always carry him?” Luhan asked but saw Xiumin staring at the spot where Sehun once was and rolled his eyes, fixing the straps on his bag he grabbed Xiumin’s ear and dragged him away to their first class, the older desperately trying to get away from Luhan’s tight grip. 

Once they were both sat down at their class Luhan couldn’t but think back to his sophomore year. When he still had P.E., it was finals week and the teachers decided to go easy on the students, so instead of doing another workout they had the freshmen and sophomore class play flag football together.

 

Luhan rolled his eyes as Xiumin walked out of the locker-room shirtless, he was in process of putting on his shirt and he could hear the girls squealing or some just rolling their eyes.

“What do you think we’re going to do?” Xiumin shrugged and they sat on the poles to wait for their teachers.

“I don’t know, all I know is I want to sleep.”

“You just had your Geometry final right?” Luhan nodded and Xiumin laughed. “Poor baby.”

The younger frowned and pinched him and Xiumin flinched then started pouting. “What was that for Luhannie?”

Instead of answering he asked him a question. “What final did you just have?”

“English.” Luhan frowned knowing Xiumin’s English teacher was easy, all they had to do was speak one whole paragraph talking about themselves in English and they would pass.

“Lucky.” Xiumin laughed.

“I know.”

Soon their teacher came along with the freshmen teacher with of course all the freshmen trailing behind.

“To the field.”

Everyone nodded and walked there in groups, of course chatting amongst their friends.

It wasn’t until they reached the field that Luhan spotted Baekhyun with Chanyeol walking next to him looking at his friend worriedly, one hand resting on his back. Everyone was already at the field and just waiting for the two still walking, some of the kids groaned wanting to them to go faster but one look from a teacher instantly shut them up. That’s what made Luhan curious it’s like the teachers knew something they didn’t.

He saw Baekhyun smiling as if trying to reassure his friend he was fine, when Luhan looked down he saw Baekhyun walking on his tip-toes, he also noticed his breathing was becoming more shallow the more he walked as if he was doing a strenuous activity.

“What’s with him can’t he walk faster?” Xiumin sighed and Luhan nudged him harshly in the ribs making him yelp and jump away.

When Luhan looked back Chanyeol seemed to have seen everyone’s stares and picked Baekhyun up, jogging up to them. Luhan smiled when he saw an adorable pout across Baekhyun’s lips.

“Okay we decided to give y’all a break.” One of the teachers spoke and the students cheered.

“Alright so Freshmen vs. Sophomores flag football go and get your flags.” The other teacher spoke while pointing to a bucket.

 Everyone hurriedly went, Xiumin pulling Luhan along but the other just looked back. He could see a conflicted expression on Chanyeol’s face. He also saw the teachers look at Baekhyun sympathetically he even saw his teacher pat Baekhyun's head comfortingly. 

After putting his flag down he walked just a bit closer to hear the conversation, he knew it was wrong but he couldn’t help it.

“It’s okay Channie…..go play.”

“B-But….I can’t leave you alone.” He heard Baekhyun sigh. “Channie…..just go.”

Just then one of the teachers said one of the sophomores would have to sit out since there were too many and they still needed one more freshmen to make it equal even if one sophomore sat out. In the blink of the eye Luhan ripped off the belt and walked back to the bucket, yelling out.

“I’LL STAY OUT.” The other sophomores sighed in relief while Xiumin jogged to him.

“You sure?” Luhan nodded and Xiumin walked away again to get into his position.

Luhan walked back to Baekhyun and Chanyeol and showed his most sincere smile, Chanyeol bowed as best he could while holding Baekhyun and while the younger bowed his head.

“Go play I’ll watch over your friend.” Chanyeol’s eyes lit up before they dimmed and he shook his head.

“I-I shouldn’t.” Baekhyun frowned.

“Please go, besides he doesn’t look mean.” Chanyeol bit his lip and looked to Luhan who was still smiling then back down to Baekhyun who had a hint of sadness in his eyes and he nodded, carefully handing him to Luhan making Baekhyun blush.

“Alright! Don’t let him walk, no matter what!” Chanyeol called after him before running away to get his flags before the game started.

“You…c-can put me down.” Baekhyun whispered and Luhan shook his head walking to the track where the runners ran then setting Baekhyun down before sitting down as well.

“I’m Luhan by the way.”

Baekhyun smiled and held out his hand.

“Nice to meet you hyung, I’m Baekhyun! I hope we can be good friends, take care of me okay~?” Baekhyun giggled and Luhan felt his heart swell at the sound as a smile painted itself on his face.

“Don’t worry, I’ll take good care of you.” Baekhyun smiled at that, his eyes crinkling.

After that they just talked about everything and nothing, just getting to know each other.

 

Luhan sighed as he remembered that, it was the first time he had ever felt drawn to someone, something about Baekhyun just told him he had to have him, love him and protect him. 


I really hope you guys like this story~! ^^ I got the idea for this last night and it wouldn't go away and I just loved it so much, but don't worry I'll update Alpha's Orders~! cx