Go Ahead

Think About It

"Hey so um... you know that reservation we made a month ago?"

"Aww no don't tell me. Did it get bought up?" Hyejin flopped back onto her bed. "I swear all these rich people just throw money at anything and they get it even if it's not available."

Wheein shuffled over to the bed and gingerly sat down next to her best friend. Her eyes settled on a small vase on the desk, unable to look Hyejin in the eyes.

"It's fine! We'll just go somewhere else tonight, don't worry."

Hyejin sat up and draped her arms over her best friend's shoulders in an effort to cheer her up. But that wasn't why the air was so heavy around Wheein.

"It's not that." Wheein finally turned to look over her shoulder. "It's just that... well... Byulie unnie and I's one year anniversary is today and I completely forgot..."

The two girls stared at each other briefly before Hyejin cracked a grin and smacked Wheein's shoulder.

"Ah you silly it'll be fine. Our reservation ends at 6 anyways so you'll have plenty of time to get ready and get hungry again. I'm sure you and unnie are going out late anyways right?"

Wheein shook her head morosely.

"No... I totally forgot and didn't plan anything." Hyejin's eyes shot up at this revelation. "So I was um, wondering if you'd let me and Byulie unnie use the reservation?"

Hyejin's grin was dashed from her face immediately and she pulled away from Wheein's back. She sat back down and her hands were caught in a panic by her best friend.

"I'm so sorry Hyejinnie I just completely blanked and I wanted tonight to be special for me and Byul. I'll make it up to you I promise! I just couldn't think of anyth-"

"We planned this a month ago."

The two were suddenly aware of the thickening atmosphere in the room as they both thought of what to say to the other. One was immediately regretting her words and the other wanted nothing more than to dismiss the entire ordeal. The silence that stretched on filled the small bed they sat on and eyes fluttered around, occasionally nearing each other but never meeting. Their hands slowly slipped from between them, neither wanting to let go but neither doing anything to stop the other from leaving. 

"You're right, I'm sor-"

"Okay you ca-."

Their eyes finally met and they sheepishly stopped, at first waiting for the other to finish before Hyejin spoke again.

"Okay you can take Byulie unnie. I don't mind, we can always reschedule our date. Take Byul unnie before she finds out you forgot."

"Are you sure? I'm sure I can find something else for me and Byulie to do, we don't have to canc-"

"Jung Wheein go get ready for your anniversary right now. You will take Byul and you will make this up to me."

Hyejin had jumped over to her bedroom door and was now holding it wide open for Wheein. A smaller grin popped onto her face.

"Do you understand me?"

Wheein sat staring for a little, hesitation in eyes and in her movements.

"Go ahead." Hyejin urged softly.

She beckoned with her hand before ecstatic squealing filled the room and a blur rushed over to pepper Hyejin with hugs.

"Thank you thank you thank you so much! I love you Hyejinnie!"

Without another word Wheein rushed into her room, leaving Hyejin alone in hers. 

"It's always Byulie unnie this and Byul that..." Hyejin muttered to herself as she wrapped herself in blankets.

"What about me?"


Sorry for the week break (and this awkward chapter, I need to work on my writing)! I got called into work last minute over Thanksgiving and it's been hectic. This was sadly all I had before the holiday but I'll be back at it!