Chapter 8

❣ The Mystery Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s the least I can do, just see it as a thank you.” He said as he leaned over the counter and stared at you with one of his charming smiles. Now that you’ve hung out with him for a while they weren't that rare anymore as they had been when you had first started to hang out with him. Nothing had happened between the two of you anymore, you have been hanging out like friends. At first people didn’t seem to believe that you were friends with Byun Baekhyun but since you had been hanging out with him for a few weeks now they started to get used to it. You looked at him with a thoughtful look as you turned around and closed the fridge while holding an apple inside of your hand. It wasn’t like you didn’t want to go, actually you were longing for a good night out with friends but you weren’t really convinced yet. But when he shot you another one of his heart breaking smiles you almost couldn’t say no. 

 

 

“Kids, make sure you leave on time. You don’t want to be late.” Your mom walked into the kitchen and gave Baekhyun a friendly tap on his shoulder before she walked towards you and gave you a peck on your hair. The first time you had brought him home with you your mother hadn't known what to think. She thought that he was your boyfriend and it took you some effort to explain to her that he was just your friend. The fact that he was this good looking wasn’t helping. Eventually she believed you, but she never believed that you didn’t have feelings for each other. Sometimes the two of you would have these moments together, which you enjoyed a lot. Then he would brush his hand against yours or would sit so close to you that your arms were pressed together. Event hough you couldn’t make up what he wanted, those moments it seemed as if he was into you. Baekhyun’s mom was out of the hospital and she was doing a lot better now, which had made all the tension that had been resting on his shoulder go away.  

 

 

He was still that same cold person at school but when he was with you he seemed someone completely different. You loved the version he was when he was around you and you would never get tired of it. “Thank you miss ____________, we’re leaving.” He said as he grabbed your hand and pulled you towards the door. You tried to ignore your mom’s look as she smiled at the two of you holding hands and together with that the butterflies that were flying around on your belly. It almost seemed as if his hand fitted perfectly into yours but it also scared you. You didn’t want to get your hopes up if this would never happen. You didn’t want to get hurt if you found out that he didn’t like you the way you liked him and you knew that you would be heart broken if that would be true. When you closed the front door behind you, you noticed that he held your hand a little longer than he should have before his warm touch disappeared. It had become your thing, walking to school together and meeting up at your place first, it happened like that every single morning. It was nice that you didn’t have to arrive at school by yourself. 

 

 

“It’s a small party, there won’t be too many people. You can bring Alara if you want to, I’m sure she would like to come.” He began to talk about the party again and you felt how his eyes were pointing on you but since you were still blushing you weren’t looking up at him just yet. You pretended as if you were thinking about your answer as you walked beside him, feeling the skin of his arm brush against yours. “I’ll think about it.” You eventually said and Baekhyun gave you a look which told you that he didn’t accept that kind of an answer. He wanted to take you out tonight, he was going to take you out tonight, no matter what. Suddenly he started chuckling and you didn’t remember saying anything funny so you frowned at him. “What?” You asked and he just shook his head at first, not saying anything. Out of the corner of your eye you saw the school building nearing and it made you feel sad, you didn’t want this walk with him to be over yet. You wished that you could walk here beside him forever, it just felt so good. “I feel like I’m trying to get you into bed with me. Why are you making this so hard for me?” He then said and now you understood why he had been laughing like that but it only made you blush madly. 

 

 

You squeezed your eyes at him which made him laugh even harder before he stopped walking and turned to face you. Then he brought up his hand to your face and squeezed your cheeks which made you even more embarrassed but it also made your heart flutter. “You’re cute when you blush.” His voice was soft as he said it but inside of your head it sounded like a storm. You slapped his hands away from your face and he chuckled once again as you continued to walk towards the school again. “Fine, I’ll come with you. But only because I’ve got nothing better to do.” You then said and he smiled at you, as if he had known that eventually he would be able to convince you to go with him. It was going to be weird, going out to a party with the most popular guy of school. He would probably have lots of friends there so the chance that you’d have him to yourself all evening would be small. Maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea to ask Alara with you, besides if she’d figure out that Baekhyun had asked her to come she’d be drooling over that until tonight. She was probably even more excited about you and Baekhyun dating than you were yourself and sometimes it was just so funny to watch. The two of you waved goodbye at the entrance and both went to class, but at least you knew you’d see him again tonight. 

 

 

When it was finally time to leave you were almost too nervous to go. Normally you weren’t like this, it wasn’t like you hadn’t been to parties before and it wasn’t as if you didn’t like to go to them. But it was the very first time that you would be on a party and you wouldn’t be watching Baekhyun from a distance, seeing him talking to other people and having fun. Tonight you would be one of those people he’d be talking to and you must honestly say that was making you nervous. Of course you shouldn’t be, it didn’t matter if he’d talk to you at home or if he’d talk to you at school or at a party,  it was still the same right? But you knew that Baekhyun would always have to worry about his image around others. He was very well known for being the cool guy he was and not the nice and warm guy he always was around you. It would be a surprise, which version were you going to see tonight? You could see that Alara was already tipsy so you were going to be the responsible one today. “Okay, we’re leaving.” You stated as you grabbed her hand and pulled her off the couch. 

 

 

You had told Baekhyun you’d be there at ten, so that you’d still have enough time to prepare yourself. You hadn’t told him that preparing yourself had also included preparing yourself mentally. It wasn’t a surprise that all guys thought that girls needed hours in the bathroom and in front of the mirror before they went to a party even though that wasn’t always true.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter