Chapter 2

❣ The Mystery Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So who ware you going to ask to prom?” Alara asked you and you eyed her before shrugging and closing your locker. If there was one thing you didn’t like talking about, it was definitely prom. All that girly stuff like high heels and dresses, only the thought made you feel dizzy. Of course you knew you had to go to prom, it was your senior year and the least you could do was going to your own prom. But firstly of all there was no way you were going to be able to find a date and there was no way there was someone who was going to ask you out and you weren’t someone who was okay with going to your senior prom by yourself. Alara had been looking forward to next week event for weeks now, so you couldn’t blame her for bringing it up. Why wouldn’t she? She had the perfect date and the perfect dress, so her night was going to be amazing. Well then at least one of you two would have a good time. 

 

 

“I don’t even know if I’m going.” You said and she gasped and pretended to go through a culture shock. Her reaction made you roll your eyes at her but she ignored that completely. “__________-ah, we’re talking about your own prom! If there is one event this year you have to attend then it’s your own prom.” Instead of answering her you started walking down the hallway, searching for your next classroom. It was clear that all of these things seemed so important for normal girls of your age, while you didn’t really care about it. You were sure that you could enjoy yourself just as good at home together with your sister and your mom and a good book as when you’d go to prom night. You knew that if you wanted to stay home that night that you would have to come up with a very good excuse. “I don’t have a dress.” You said and she sniffed at you and waved her hand, motioning that wasn’t any problem. “You still have a week to go shopping, if you can’t find anything then I’ll help you find one.” 

 

 

Instead of saying anything you pushed your lips together in a tin line and stared at her. You should have known she wasn’t going to give in to something like this, even if you wouldn’t find a dress on time than she would let you use one of hers. But one way or another you would have to find a way to talk yourself out of this and then you thought about something else. “But I don’t have a date, I don’t want to go by myself.” This time she was the one who just watched instead of speaking as you walked into your classroom which was that noisy that no one even noticed you coming in. She nodded and pouted her lips as she thought of a solution. There was no way she could propose being your date, since she already had someone to take. Maybe this could be your only save, the fact that you didn’t have a date for prom night was the only thing that could make it able for you to stay home. “Maybe someone will still ask you.” She eventually said but by the looks you two exchanged, you both knew that there wasn't anyone who was going to ask you. 

 

 

It wasn’t like you were a nobody at this school, but most of your friends were girls. You just didn’t feel comfortable around guys and then you would turn into this awkward person and then boys wouldn’t be into you, and you couldn’t blame them for it. You weren’t the most female and pretty girl of the school so you did understand why they weren’t standing in line for you. But it was a little sad that there was absolutely no one who was willing to go to prom with you, it was so sad that even you felt sorry for yourself for a little second. But that self pity disappeared as soon as it had appeared since that meant that there was a way out for you. This meant that there was a chance that yo wouldn’t have to kill your feet all night by having to try and walk on those high heels and there was no chance you would embarrass yourself by tripping over your dress. 

 

 

But just when you thought you were free and Alara was actually going to let you stay home at prom night, you noticed something strange on your desk. You frowned as you saw it and it didn’t take long for your friend to notice it as well. “What is that?” She asked and you shook your head, telling her that you had no idea. She quickly dived forward, in the hope to grab the piece of paper before you could, but you were faster than her and swept it up as it brushed against her fingertips. She shot you an annoyed look before sitting down on the spot next to yours and trying to lean over your shoulder and read with you as you sat down on your chair and opened the neatly folded white paper. You frowned as you read the words written down on the note and for a single moment they made your heart beat faster. You didn’t recognize the handwriting, so you had no idea who it was from. But the words that you read were enough to make you go crazy, you had never received something like this before and you had no idea what to think about it. 

 

 

‘Need a date for prom night? I may not have a castle, but as your prince I’ll treat you like a princess. Meet me there at midnight and I’ll show you that not only Cinderella can have a happy ending -…’ 

 

 

You opened your mouth to say something, but there weren’t any words coming over your lips. So instead, Alara was the first one to say something, because she was too excited to stop herself from talking. “Seems like a date is no lon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter