Chapter 7

❣ The Mystery Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When you opened your eyes you were still half asleep and you were about to sink back into your deep slumber but then you suddenly you saw something moving. You gasped as you turned your head to see what was going on but then you saw it was Baekhyun. He was sitting on a chair, his arms folded over his chest and his head leaning against the wall. His eyes were closed and he was trying to sleep, but you could see that he wasn’t comfortable enough to do so. He had given you the couch as soon as the two of you had been allowed to get inside of his mother’s room and you now noticed that he had tugged you under a blanket after you had fallen asleep. But when you looked at him like that after he had taken care of you like that, you felt a little bit bad. So you got up from the couch and moved as quietly as you could. Together with the blanket you made your way over to Baekhyun and stood in front of him to put it over him. But as soon as you had wrapped it around him his eyes flew open and he shot you a surprised look. 

 

 

As soon as you noticed he was looking at you, you froze and you shot him an awkward look. The two of you just stayed like that for a while, but not once did he loosen his eyes from you. “I’m sorry, I just wanted… You didn’t look very comfortable so…” You tried to explain yourself but you realized how ridiculous you must be looking from his point of view so you stopped. But instead of saying anything he just shot you a small smile before taking the blanket from you and crawling under it. “Thank you ___________-ah.” He said and out of his voice you could make up that he was thanking you for much more than just the blanket. With a smile you nodded at him before you went back to the couch and took a seat, your eyes pointing on his mother. Nothing had changed so far and you could see that Baekhyun was starting to get impatient, you had been sitting here for quite a while now. As soon as you had told your mother what was going on she had agreed on letting you stay with Baekhyun even though he told you that you could go. 

 

 

But you hadn’t forgotten about the fact that even though you had told him that he shouldn’t that he had also waited for you yesterday, when you had been at the nurse with your painful nose. So now you weren’t going to leave, you were going to stay until it seemed as if everything was going to be alright, and right now it didn’t look like it so you decided to stick around a little longer. Apart from the beeps of the machines there wasn’t any noises inside of the room and it all seemed very peaceful. You didn’t feel as if you had to say anything, with Baekhyun you didn’t feel as if every silence that took place was uncomfortable. It was weird to think that a few days ago you and Baekhyun hadn’t even talked to each other and now you were sitting here with him at the hospital as if you had been friends for years. “You know you don’t have to stay right? I can sit here by myself just fine.” He said and you turned your head to look at him and you were sure that the look on your face was telling him enough. 

 

 

“I’m staying, so you can better stop trying, it’s a waste of your energy.” You said and even though it wasn’t easy to make him laugh, his lips curled up a little bit and you were happy to see that. Your eyes widened as he stood up from his chair and walked over to you, leaving the blanket behind. He sat down beside you on the couch but made sure to leave enough space between the two of you. Ever since that day he had told you that he was the mystery guy from prom he had never been that close to you anymore and honestly, you missed his touch. “My mom, she stresses me out.” He said and you kept your eyes on him while he spoke. Maybe he needed this moment to talk about his mother, now that all of this had been going on and you were going to give it to him. “I know that I haven’t been the best son, but I just couldn’t help it. Ever since my dad…” As soon as he had started talking about his father his expression hardened and you realized that this was all a lot more complicated than it had seemed at the start. 

 

 

“When I was eight years old, my dad left. My sister was only thre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter