Chapter 3

❣ The Mystery Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m just so glad that you decided to come, this makes prom at least ten times more fun.” You rolled your eyes at her words, of course she was exaggerating again, but at least she was happy that you had come. You looked down on yourself and you couldn’t believe you were actually wearing a dress combined with high heels. The shopping had had to be done fast, but Alara had helped you so much with picking it out. Even though you didn’t like wearing dresses you must say that this one was kind of comfortable and that it was really pretty. But your feet would be murdered by the end of the night, they were already hurting from these horrible shoes, god how much you missed your sneakers. With your hair hung down on your shoulders and your make up done you were quite confident with your looks. You had even spotted some guys looking at you who had had to confident to come here without a date as well. 

 

 

But you weren’t here for them tonight, you were here to find your mystery date. Though he still hadn’t shown himself to you and you had been standing here for quite some time now. It was kind of disappointing that still nothing had happened, maybe this had been a prank after all and you had been stupid enough to get fooled by it. You were sure that many people in this school saw you as not such a clever person who was easy to trick, so you shouldn’t be that surprised. But it did hurt you, because you had put all his effort on it and you had even convinced yourself to wear all these horrible and torturous things. “No sign of your date just yet?” Alara asked as she joined you on the side again after dancing with her date for a song or two and you shook your head in disappointment. She noticed that you were upset and placed her hand on top of your shoulder with a sweet smile. “Well, after all you can say that you’ve joined your senior prom and that you had a good time with your best friend right?” She said and you eyed her with large eyes before taking a sip of your drink and nodding. 

 

 

It wasn’t that it hadn’t been fun till now but you were sitting here, drinking punch and staring at a table while everyone else was dancing and having a nice time with their dates. Of course you were happy to spend the night with your friend, but you were sure that you would have had just as much fun at home, with feet that weren’t sore. But since you didn’t want to hurt her feelings you just nodded and smiled at her as you reached for your next glass of punch. You had no idea how many you had had already but your head was staring to feel a little bit light, which meant that maybe it was a good idea to stop drinking right now. But without realizing you took a sip from your next glass and it was already too late to put it back. “I just feel so stupid, I should have known that the note wasn’t real.” You said and this time instead of feeling upset you began to feel a little bit angry. Alara bit her lip and you could see that she was feeling a little bit guilty, after all it was her who had convinced you to come tonight. “It isn’t twelve o’clock yet though.” She said as she looked at her phone, checking the time. 

 

 

Suddenly you remembered that there was indeed an hour that had been standing on the paper, you had completely forgotten about that. You shot her a questioning look and she showed you the screen of her phone, so that you could see the clock yourself. Only fifteen more minutes and then it would be midnight and that made a nervous knot appear in your stomach. You couldn’t believe you had been stupid enough to forget about the fact that your mystery date had told you he would be there at twelve. You couldn’t help but feel hopeful again, even though there was still a big chance that he wouldn’t show up. “Just wait a little longer, if he really doesn’t show up then we’ll go home.” She said but you could see that she wanted to stay, she was having a good time and she had been looking forward to this night for months now. So you shot her a smile and shook your head, waving her away as you switched you punch for a glass of water. “Just forget about it. Go dance with your date, I’ll be fine.” You said and you saw that she was hesitant before she smiled at you and leaned over to give you and hug before she walked back towards the dance floor. 

 

 

It didn’t mean that because your night was being a mess that you were going to ruin hers as well. She was here with a date, she was looking so nice and she was having a good time, so you were going to let her be. You leaned back in your chair and wondered why you hadn’t thought about this yourself. But you had been this up by the mystery if the note was real or not that you couldn’t even remember what had been written on the piece of paper. Alara was right, you were just going to wait a little longer, but if he wouldn’t show up soon then you would go home. You were already feeling ridiculous because you had been sitting here all by yourself all night long so you weren’t going to make it any worse. You took another sip of your water before standing up and deciding that it was better if you’d go to the bathroom real quick. You looked at your phone as you started walking towards the hallway and checked the time once more, you noticed that you were getting stressed. It was only a few more minutes before it would be twelve o’clock, so maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to disappear all of a sudden. What if he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter