Chapter 11

All The Ways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

She packed her bags. Momo was excited. She had never been to Melbourne before. Rosie had promised her a comprehensive and fun tour around the city. But what she was even more excited about was her newfound relationship with the woman. Since having dinner together, they had considered themselves official. And it was also the first time for Momo to be in one.

 

Dating was not her thing. It was something she swore to never do, unless it was with that person she would grab the moon for. To her it was not necessary and nothing would ever come out of it because her heart would never be in it, but that wasn’t the case now. She was ready to let her heart explore new beginnings and it was about time that she did with someone who made her realize it.

 

As she placed clothes inside the suitcase, all she could think about were the experiences she would make in the country. It would be her first time away in a new place with a new person. She could only think about Rosie and what she would be like and how they would be like. She would also have to meet her family but that wasn’t a problem. They both agreed to take things slow and let things figure out on their own. As long as they had each other, everything would be alright.

 

Momo was at a good place in her life. She always was with Rosie; she just didn’t realize it because back then she was too pressed with the bad places she was in. She could proudly tell herself there that she was satisfied. She couldn’t ask for anything better. Spending the holidays with Rosie was a nice way to treat herself after all that she had been through.

 

Momo hated packing and flying but not on that trip, so much so that she didn’t notice Mina standing and watching her.

 

“Where you off to?” She asked.

 

“Oh, umm…” Momo hadn’t told Mina yet about Melbourne or about Rosie or anything since bumping into her at JYP. It didn’t cross her mind either but now that she was there in front of her, she had to say something. “I’m on a vacation.”

 

She answered reluctantly, her eyes avoiding Mina’s. Mina sighed. “Oh, really? Where?”

 

She zipped the bag before answering. The other patiently waited for her to respond. “Australia.”

 

Mina sat down on the bed next to the bag. She tapped her foot on the floor. “With your family or…”

 

Momo still wasn’t looking at her, afraid of what effect telling Mina whom she was going with would have. But she knew she shouldn’t lie and eventually the woman would know anyway. She stared below and then she spoke.

 

“Rosie, actually.”

 

“Oh…” Mina’s voice faded into the air.

 

Now there was uncomfortable silence inside the room. Momo wanted to run but she remembered she had no reason to. There was nothing going on between her and Mina anymore, nothing that could make her want to escape.

 

“So,” Mina stood up and slowly walked around her bedroom. “I know I shouldn’t be asking this again but are you and Rosie really not dating? Because three days ago—”

 

Something inside of Momo was twisted into a knot. She completely forgot about the incident. For days Mina had stayed surprisingly quiet and uninterested about it. Momo didn’t think she would ever ask, not that she didn’t have the right to ask. Anyone who had seen them would be provoked to a question.

 

Momo grabbed her suitcase and placed it in the corner. In one swift second, she answered. “We weren’t but we are now.”

 

“Oh…” Mina stopped on the center. When Momo turned around, they locked eyes. “Is that so?”

 

“Yeah,” she said. “I really like her. I just didn’t realize it sooner.”

 

“Well, I’m happy for you.” Mina pulled a smile, unwillingly as Momo read from her face. “That’s good. That’s great. You two make a lovely couple.”

 

“Thanks,” Momo said.

 

Mina directed her steps towards the door but before she could totally walk out, she turned and looked at Momo with a look she didn’t think she would ever see from the woman. “I was actually going to ask if you wanted to spend the holidays with me this year but I guess you already have plans. When are you leaving again?”

 

Her words struck Momo. “Oh, um, the day after tomorrow.”

 

“Alright.”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter