Epilogue

Moonlight

"It really is a miracle Mr.Jongin, thanks to technology and more advanced machines, you have got your eyes back." The doctor said as he removed a thin cloth from Jongin's eyes.

"Now..slowly open your eyes."

Jongin felt a slight pain, more like a needle pricked him but he did as the doctor told him.

He took his time and slow and steadily opened his eyes.

At first his sight was blurry, though he could make out that the doctor was standing in front of him, then as he adjusted his eyes by blinking a few times, the sight got clearer and clearer.

Jongin firstly looked at his hands, those hands that held Kyungsoo. His gaze then averted to the mirror in front of him, a rather tan guy was sitting in front of him, with weak and tired eyes.

"Okay can you see clearly ?" The doctor asked placing his hand on Jongin's shoulder.

Jongin nodded.

"You sure ? Do you feel any pain or irritation ?"

"No..I'm fine.." Jongin said and stared at the mirror.

For three years he was blind, for three damn years he didn't get to see Kyungsoo's face or his.

He wished to be blind again, because Kyungsoo was not beside him so he reasoned that it was useless to have his sight back. Jongin begin to cry, he saw himself cry in the mirror.

"Is...is everything okay ?" The doctor asked.

Jongin quickly wiped his tears and got up.

"Can I leave now ?" Jongin asked.

"Yes..but be sure to come tomorrow for your check up tomorrow, and remember don't strain your eyes, it might get painful for you."

"I understand.." Jongin said and turned around to leave the room, but the doctor stopped him.

"Mr.Jongin wait." Jongin turned around.

"Is this..your diary ?" He asked while fishing out a brown leather diary from his desk."

Jongin's eyes widened as he saw his diary, he had forgotten about it once Kyungsoo left.

"Yes.." He said and walked over to take it.

The doctor handed him the diary and gave a smile.

"Be careful on the road and have a great day."

Jongin couldn't crack a smile even though he wanted to smile on the doctors concern for him, but he simply turned around and left.

As Jongin got out of the hospital he had been locked for 4 years, he inhaled the fresh breeze of the swaying trees, and the fragrance of flowers. 
He felt good to get out of the room which only stunk of chemicals and antiseptic medicines.

Jongin still remembered the address to his house, he was himself surprised that he recalled it immediately.

He had the keys to his apartment the whole time in his jacket pocket. One was with Kyungsoo and the other was with Jongin, though Kyungsoo's key was lost.

Jongin opened the door to his apartment and entered inside only to see a dusty room.
Jongin let out a cough before closing the door behind him.

All of his and Kyungsoo's memories flashed in front of his eyes like a film reel.

Those days they were together, those talks they talked, those happiness they shared together, everything felt like a dream to Jongin.

He slowly made his way into their room. 
The room which made more memories than any other. 
He still felt Kyungsoo's presence, though his scent had faded away, leaving behind only the smell of dead rat.

Jongin sat on the edge of his bed and looked beside him, he wanted to see Kyungsoo beside him, smiling, like the way he used to. He wanted to feel Kyungsoo's hands engaging with his.

Jongin suddenly looked at his diary, and opened it.

Those words Jongin dictated to Kyungsoo were neatly written in Italic, with respectively written dates. 

As Jongin flipped each page with gentle hands, he would leave behind his mark of tears.

He recalled the things he dictated to Kyungsoo, each and every one of them made him cry even harder.

As he got to the page where the entries had stopped, that particular page was folded by Kyungsoo.

Jongin attentively scanned his eyes on the page, his hands and shoulders were trembling, which made him drop his diary on the dusty floor.

Jongin blamed himself for Kyungsoo's death.
He got immersed into his dancing so much that he didn't notice the pain Kyungsoo was going through all this time without him.

"I'm..sorry..Hyung..I'm...sorry.." He repeatedly said.

Jongin fell back on the bed, and cried endlessly, his eyes were straining, but he didn't care, cause Kyungsoo's words which he wrote in the diary hurt more than his strained eyes. Those words that Kyungsoo couldn't tell Jongin were more painful than his cries.

"Jongin, sorry for not writing what you are dictating to me right now, I wanted to tell you something but I couldn't..that's why I am going to write it down. 
I have been sick for a really long time, I know I should have told you, but I couldn't get myself to even bring out that topic. I have cancer Jongin and it's pretty much gotten in my lungs right now, I am dying..I promise you I am not crying. I am holding my tears back. I cannot bear seeing you sad, that's why I am writing it down rather than saying it, if a miracle has to happen and you get your sight back, I would be the most happiest person on this planet. Jongin, don't cry. I love you."

"Hyung....are you....happy now ?"