Temporary

Moonlight

"But..I'm sorry..I'm sorry for not keeping my promise, I'm sorry for not being able to keep you happy like I promised..I'm sorry Hyung.."

Jongin's tears rushed down his cheeks as his voice cracked.

Kyungsoo quickly placed the diary on Jongin's bed and hugged him.

"Don't apologize..don't..just don't Jongin. I am happy, you don't know it but I am really..really happy." Kyungsoo held Jongin's cheeks and faced it towards him. He forcefully smiled, even though he knew that Jongin couldn't see, he smiled, yet his tears fell down on the back of Jongin's palms.

"Hyung...I'm really sorry.." Jongin hugged Kyungsoo tightly.

--

"Hyung ! I found a job for you !" Jongin abruptly entered the room as Kyungsoo was changing into his tee.

"Knock before you enter." Kyungsoo yelled but was soon interrupted by Jongin's quick hug.

"Hyung ! I found a job for you ! Though its a temporary one and just a few blocks away from my office, its similar to your old job." Jongin said swaying a paper in his hand to and fro.

"Factory ?" Kyungsoo guessed.

"Yes, it's just for a little while until you get permanent but you got a job at a shoe factory."

"Shoe factory ?"

"I know its a little..you know not your style hyung, but please just wait until you get a permanent job, its until we get all settled here.." Jongin said hesitatingly, he was nervous if Kyungsoo would ever agree on the job Jongin had found or not.

"Sounds good." Kyungsoo said and took the paper from Jongin's hand.

"Are you sure hyung ?"

"Its temporary right ?"

"Right."

--

Kyungsoo worked all day long in the shoe factory while Jongin taught people to dance gracefully.

However, Kyungsoo would be the one to come home early.

Jongin would especially come home late at night on weekends and find Kyungsoo asleep already.

He would gently place his tired hands on Kyungsoo's chest and fall in a deep sleep before apologizing for being late.

Months passed by and in a blink of an eye, a year and a half had ran past them.

Kyungsoo had gotten used to his work in his factory despite the fact that it was just "temporary".

Though at times, the chemicals and the pollution wouldn't suit him, he used to work there until all the other staff people left. His day was hectic and tiresome but he had to do it. Not for him but at least for Jongin who found him this job.

There were days when Kyungsoo would get sick, but he wouldn't tell it to Jongin and just endure his pain.

Sometimes, on Jongin's busy days he would wake up late but would leave sooner without having his breakfast with Kyungsoo.

On a day like that, Kyungsoo wouldn't eat his breakfast properly since Jongin wasn't there and leave for his work.

--

Sundays was the day where they got it to themselves. They would spend that particular day in their small little balcony talking to each other.
They didn't had to go out or anywhere, Jongin and Kyungsoo just needed each other by their side.

Their talks were filled with memories.

Kyungsoo was the most happiest on Sundays, after all that day seemed like the previous day with Jongin.

They would talk endlessly until midnight, but would sadly stop their sweet conversation once Jongin tiredly falls asleep on Kyungsoo's shoulders.

-- 

"Hyung, just wait a little more, I think I have found a perfect job for you." Jongin said excitedly, he had the same expression he had when he informed Kyungsoo about the good news before.

"Really ? What is it ?"

"Its a surprise though, so wait for it." Jongin winked and continued eating his breakfast.

Though Kyungsoo got curious what work Jongin had found for him, he didn't ask any further details, due to the fact that whatever job Jongin would find him, Kyungsoo would it.

Jongin then soon left for work and so did Kyungsoo. 

--