Tears

Moonlight

"Hyung..the day of my...accident. I went to the place where you got accepted for your job..I was coming back, to give you the good news..but..instead.." Jongin clenched his fist.

"I should be the one to say sorry Jongin.. I shouldn't have called you." Kyungsoo said and held Jongin's hand.

As each minute walked past him, he became frustrated that he couldn't see, that he couldn't see Kyungsoo's face m, or his smile or his big round eyes, nevertheless he didn't tell it to Kyungsoo. All he had in mind was to not make him worry anymore.

Kyungsoo suddenly began coughing, it got louder just as it had when Jongin was talking to him.

"Hyung are you okay ?" Jongin asked worriedly.

"I'm..fine." Kyungsoo tried to hold back his coughing but it wouldn't stop.

"Hyung let me call the doctor-" Jongin tried to find the remote for which he could the nurse or the doctor but couldn't find it with just his bare hands.

"Its okay Jongin, I'm fine..its just cough." Kyungsoo said. His cough had finally stopped, but it worried Jongin more by the minute, he felt helpless that he couldn't even call the doctor for Kyungsoo.

"Are you really okay hyung ?" Jongin asked.

"Don't worry, it must be just an allergy since there are so many flowers here for the patients." Kyungsoo assured.

"Kyung-" before Jongin could complete his sentence, Kyungsoo interrupted him.

"Aren't you going to finish your writing ?" He asked softly. His voice became delicate.

"That's not important. Your health is." Jongin replied with a stoic expression.

"I'm fine, how many times should I tell you that Jongin ?" Kyungsoo said and sighed.

"Your not Hyung ! Your not fine. I have never seen your voice become weak, and your hand, they weren't cold either..please just go to the doctor once. For me." Jongin pleaded.

Kyungsoo insisted Jongin that he was fine, but Jongin's constant worrying about him, forcefully made Kyungsoo go to the doctor.

After Kyungsoo' s checkup, he came back to Jongin.

"Hey.." He said.

"Your back hyung, are you alright ?" Jongin asked.

"Yes, the doctor said that I was just too tired and needed some sleep.."

"Of course..you didn't sleep or eat anything right ? Because of me ?" Jongin asked.

"Its alright, I can sleep whenever I want, but I don't want to, cause you won't be beside me, so what's the point in sleeping ?" Kyungsoo said.

Those words, they were filled with pain. Pain that was uncontrollable. Unavoidable.

"Hyung, come here." Jongin said taking off the bed sheet on top of his bed.

"What ?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Just come here." Jongin insisted.

Kyungsoo had no choice but to listen to the latter.
He slowly walked towards him and got on the bed beside Jongin.

Jongin gracefully covered Kyungsoo's legs with his bedsheet and placed his head on his shoulders.

"Now can you sleep ?" He asked.

Kyungsoo's eyes were unknowingly filled with tears. 
He tried to hold them back, but he couldn't. 
He couldn't control his emotions anymore.

"Jongin..won't you finish dictating your diary ?"

"No, you need sleep hyung, besides that's not important."

"But it was your favour, so shouldn't I fulfill that favour of yours ?" Kyungsoo said and grabbed Jongin's diary.

"There is always a tomorrow." Jongin said.

"But you don't know what might happen tomorrow."

There was a moment of silence. 
Only the sounds of other people chattering, the nurses moving here and there and the sound transmitting from the small T.V around the hospital could be heard inside the small corner Kyungsoo and Jongin were in.

"Alright, but promise me you will sleep after you write my diary.." Jongin said. He didn't want to trouble Kyungsoo, neither did he care about the diary or the words, but only wanted to say his feelings, however Kyungsoo rather took Jongin's words to his heart that time since Jongin said lost sight and decided to write his diary for him.

"I promise.." Kyungsoo said and opened Jongin's diary.

--

"Hyung, I wanted to keep you happy, wherever you were I wanted to keep you happy with me. I wanted to experience the city life with you, I wanted to spend more of my time by seeing your smile, but..I'm sorry that I couldn't keep you happy, I'm sorry that I cannot give you the life I thought I would. Even though I lost my sight, I can still see you, in my heart. I can still see your smile, and I can still cry reminiscing about our times, I still have tears I could share with you that's why hyung, please don't worry about me...I wish there was a miracle for me...for me to see you, I don't want to die without seeing your face one last time, I don't want you to worry about me or shed even a single tear hyung..."

Kyungsoo's shoulders were lightly drenched in Jongin's warm tears.

He gently kept his head on top of Jongin's, and intertwined his hands with Jongin's.

"I won't.." Kyungsoo mumbled.

His eyes were filled with tears he couldn't stop. He didn't want Jongin to know that he was crying.

"I won't worry..that's why you don't have to worry about me either.."

"Hyung, I love you."

"I..I love you too.." Kyungsoo closed his eyes and slowly drifted asleep, holding Jongin's diary tightly.

Jongin woke up with the sound of doctors and nurses talking loudly, he felt that he had slept for more than hours, or more than usually he sleeps. The first thing he noticed was that Kyungsoo wasn't beside him.

"Hyung..?" He mumbled, but Jongin wasn't expecting an answer, rather he thought that maybe Kyungsoo must have gone to their home or maybe even work.

Jongin couldn't help but over hear the doctorsnand the nurses talking.

"I guess it was more than 6 hours."

"The body's swollen, and pale so I am guessing around dawn."

"Good thing the nurse saw him.."

"He should have stayed in his room."

"How many days did he have ?"

"Maybe a few more..but.."

"Poor him..does the other guy who was with him know ?"

"I don't think so.."

"Anyways let's note down the details of the patient."

"Name, D.O Kyungsoo, time of death six twenty, August fourteenth two thousand and fifteen."

"Hyung..." Jongin's heart crushed into a million pieces.

He didn't believe that it was his Kyungsoo who died, no, Kyungsoo was perfectly well then how could he die ?

Jongin kept telling himself that it was not his Kyungsoo that died, maybe someone else with the same name did.

Though tears flowed down Jongin's eyes, he kept wiping them off. He didn't want to accept the reality, he didn't say a proper goodbye, nor did Kyungsoo say anything to him, so there was no reason for Jongin to accept the fact that Kyungsoo had died.

Jongin waited for Kyungsoo to come meet him. 
He was looking forward to it, since Kyungsoo was the one to take Jongin home today. 
Today it was his day to discharge from the hospital.