Another city

Moonlight

"Remember that day Hyung when I got accepted for a job ? You were more happy than me, but I regret ending our night with tears.. I want to see your happy face once again, I want to see your smile even if it will be for the last time."

Jongin got accepted for a job he had applied for, moreover it was a job he was very good at, or rather really talented in - dancing.

He was accepted to become a dance teacher in a city which was a little far away from the place Jongin had thought but this was his opportunity and he couldn't lose it.

Jongin told Kyungsoo about the good news, which made Kyungsoo more than happy for Jongin. He gave him a tight hug before wishing his luck on his new job.

But the one thing Jongin couldn't tell to Kyungsoo was about the distance. If Kyungsoo would know that Jongin would be going a little far away from him, he knew that that would break his heart, and Jongin didn't want that. He didn't want their memories to fade.

"Hyung..about the distance..its a little far." Jongin said while placing his fork and knife down.

"How far ?"

"Another city."

A brief silence awakened between them, but was soon broken by Kyungsoo himself.

"You should go, don't worry about me, or the distance." Kyungsoo gave a smile. But Jongin wasn't expecting that lifeless smile of his, he was expecting Kyungsoo to at least fight back a little but he didn't, even though Jongin knew that Kyungsoo's smile was an honest fake, that neither of them wished to be apart from each other.

"Hyung-"

"Its the perfect job for you Jongin and I don't think you have a reason to give up that chance of yours." 

"I do have a reason Hyung. Its you, I can't leave you alone. I don't want to." Jongin's voice cracked.

"Jongin-"

"Hyung, I won't leave. That's my final decision." Jongin abruptly got up from his seat, - the plates clattered by the force he gave on getting up - and left the table, heading directly into his room.

It took Kyungsoo moments before he realized what had happened.

He lightly threw his fork and knife on his plate and let his deep sigh escape from his lips. 

Kyungsoo didn't agree with Jongin's decision. 
He didn't want to feel like he was holding him back just for his selfish reasons. He didn't want Jongin to give up on the job he was - for so long - waiting for.

Kyungsoo stood in front of Jongin's room and knocked on his door.

"Jongin." He called out, but Jongin wouldn't reply.

"I don't agree with your decision, I will be fine by myself like I always am." Kyungsoo placed his forehead on the door. "I don't want to feel like I am holding you back."

Yet again, silence filled the room. 
Kyungsoo could feel the silence, he could feel it creeping in and getting awkward each second he waited for Jongin to answer.

"I'm coming in.." Kyungsoo slowly opened the door and saw Jongin sitting at the edge of his bed. 
Jongin - before looking at Kyungsoo- wiped his face with the sleeve of his Cardigan and looked at him with a rather sad eyes. Eyes that were painful to look at.

They stared at each other with tears welled up inside in their eyes. Not a word came out of their mouth or rather they didn't had to talk anything to know what the latter was saying.

Their quietness speaks to them more clearly than words.

"Hyung...I can't leave you.." Jongin mumbled, the bright moonlight lit up his eyes more than the dim light Jongin had in his room.

"I know.." Kyungsoo walked over to him and sat beside him, "I know."

Jongin slowly and gently placed his head on Kyungsoo's streamlined shoulders.

He felt his newly white shirt getting soaked up in Jongin's uncontrollable tears, which made Kyungsoo cry with him too.

Seconds had passed, minutes had passed and just like that for hours they stayed in that same position, as though they were saying their last goodbyes. 
Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin and saw that he fell asleep, his tiny breaths tickled Kyungsoo's neck.

Kyungsoo carefully got up and laid Jongin on his bed, neatly and tidily covering him with a blanket. 
Kyungsoo held Jongin's hand, he was scared to let it go. He knew himself that he didn't want Jongin to leave and go to place that's new to him, but just like before Kyungsoo thought that he was just being selfish and let go of Jongin's lean hand.

Kyungsoo had the energy to clean the dining table and set all of Jongin's dishes before leave his house.

--