Promise

Moonlight

"You don't know Hyung how overjoyed and excited I was when you agreed to come with me, I felt like the most happiest person in this world, yes I know that's a cliche dialogue but I truly was happy.."

Jongin woke up with the sunlight falling right on his bronze sleek skin.

He didn't remember much what happened last night except that he cried on Kyungsoo's shoulders. He vaguely remembered what they talked about, maybe it was because all Jongin was thinking was to not leave Kyungsoo. Maybe Jongin's thoughts overtook Kyungsoo's words.

Jongin slipped off from his bed and went to his little living room, he saw that the dishes Kyungsoo had washed last night were neatly placed in their respective racks.

The room smelled of mild lavenders, Jongin thought maybe Kyungsoo had sprayed it before leaving last night.

Jongin made himself a cup of coffee and sat on his couch.

He recalled the stare Kyungsoo gave Jongin, he knew that stare meant that he didn't want to leave Jongin. Though he still felt that it would have been a little better if Kyungsoo had argued back with Jongin about his job, maybe just a little and Jongin would have listened to him and they wouldn't have had to spend the night with saddened tears.

A sudden idea struck Jongin as he was looking outside the window. He quickly placed his cup on the table, took his coat from the rack positioned near his door and headed his way to Kyungsoo's house.

Jongin knew that Kyungsoo would now still be in bed since he has to work at night, so he used Kyungsoo's spare key to the house and went inside without making much noise.

As expected of Kyungsoo, his house was as orderly and elegant as always.

Jongin tip toed to Kyungsoo's room and opened his door in a way a thief would.

He saw Kyungsoo sleeping sideways on the bed, covering his face with the blankets. 
Jongin walked over to his bed and decided to get beside Kyungsoo as slowly as he could without waking him up.

He slid from underneath Kyungsoo's blanket and popped his head out from the other end, placing his left on his.

"Why are you here so early Jongin ?" Kyungsoo asked in his sleepy state. He already knew Jongin coming inside since he first heard his front door click. He knew that Jongin would get beside him so he forced himself to shift to the edge of the bed and act as though he was still sleeping.

"I wanted to see you hyung." Jongin then placed his leg on top of Kyungsoo's.

"Hmm.." Kyungsoo didn't say anything. He was very much still sleepy though.

"Hyung thank you for washing the dishes."

"You were tired." Kyungsoo turned around towards Jongin and pulled down his blanket from his face, opening his eyes.

"I was...thank you for staying by my side last night.."

"You are thanking me too much Jongin. What are you planning ?" Kyungsoo asked as though he literally knew what Jongin was thinking. After all to Kyungsoo, Jongin was as transparent as glass.

"I'm not planning anything." Jongin chuckled, though a slight smirk formed on the corner of his lips.

"Spit it out." Kyungsoo calmly said.

"Hyung, why don't you come with me ? To the city ?"

"I can't, you know that. I have my job here-"

"I will find you a better job in the city hyung !" Jongin excitedly sat upright, his gaze still locked on Kyungsoo's.

Kyungsoo slightly shook his head. He had been working in the small factory for so long that he had grown a kind of attachment to it, a kind of like a contract, though on the contrary the idea of getting a new job in the city with Jongin intrigued him, but something was holding him back, something which Kyungsoo couldn't put his finger on.

"Hyung, I promise you, I will find you a more better job in the city. I promise you that I will keep you happy there, with me." Jongin looked at him with eyes that pleaded Kyungsoo to accept his invitation of coming to the city with him.

Kyungsoo on the other hand, couldn't see Jongin sad anymore after what happened last night. He couldn't bear Jongin's tears one more time, nor did he want to leave the factory, but placing a stone on his heart and looking at Jongin's cheerful face, Kyungsoo without hesitation agreed to Jongin.

Kyungsoo sat upright beside Jongin and sighed.

"Don't forget your promise." He gave a broad smile and laughed.

"Hyung !" Jongin quickly jumped on Kyungsoo giving him a huge hug. "I promise I won't !"

Kyungsoo's heart somehow became light and free as though some kind of burden was lifted off of him. Maybe somewhere he knew himself that he had to be with Jongin. Maybe he knew that without Jongin his life would once again become lifeless like the way it used to be.

"When are you going ?" Kyungsoo asked still hugging Jongin.

"Its "we" Hyung, we will be going next week." Jongin answered.

"Have you found a place to live in ?"

"Maybe, hyung don't worry about those things, just come with me."

Even though Kyungsoo was older, Jongin seemed much more mature than him.

Kyungsoo and Jongin spent the day together discussing about their plans in the city. 
Jongin kept promising to keep Kyungsoo happy, and find him a perfect job.

He felt he had this responsibility of taking care of Kyungsoo since he was the one who forced him to tag along with him by leaving his current job.

Jongin eventually spent the night with Kyungsoo.
They planned a lot, rather more than a lot.

As the night deepened, Jongin's and Kyungsoo's talks became endless.

And as the sun rose above the foggy clouds, Jongin's head was placed on Kyungsoo's lap as Kyungsoo laid his head on the wall. Facing their directions towards the matutine sky.

Their consciousness slowly faded away in deep slumber, as they held hands and thought about their future in the city.