Winter afternoon

Moonlight

"Hyung, the first time we met.." Jongin dictated his words to Kyungsoo whilst Kyungsoo folded his legs on top of one another and wrote each word as it was in Jongin's diary. Kyungsoo's handwriting was diversely different from Jongin.

Jongin's handwriting was running, while Kyungsoo's was letter by letter.

"I thought you were just trying to pass your time with me.."

--

Jongin was sitting on the coffee table, drinking his usual iced blended Americano with a book he was truly fond of. Everyday Jongin would sit for hours reading that book and once it was finished, start over from the very first page.

His summer days, autumn days, and rainy days were spent in that same cafe, with the same coffee and the same book. No matter how many times he re-read it, he wouldn't get bored of it and would still feel the same feelings he did when he first ever read the book.

On a winter afternoon, where the beautifully dark clouds, yet gloomily covered the sun bathed ones, a boy with big round eyes walked over to Jongin and sat opposite him on his table with a cup of his half drank coffee and a book. The same one Jongin was reading.

Jongin was quite surprised to see a boy read the same book he was reading. In his opinion not many people like the books Jongin actually reads, his favourite books are almost depressing, which sometimes makes you think what kind of a guy Kim Jongin really is.

"Oh that book !" Jongin pointed at the book the boy was holding excitedly.

"Nice to meet you, my name is D.O Kyungsoo." He directly said with a smile. Jongin noticed the heart shape his smile made and couldn't help but smile back.

"My name is Kim Jongin." He said. "That book, do you love reading it ?"

"Of course, its my favourite book of all time. I always see you reading this book, and decided to talk to you since I had a feeling that you and me will have a lot in common." Kyungsoo laughed and took a sip from his - now cold - coffee and grimaced upon tasting it.

A coffee tastes changes once it gets cold, but Kyungsoo looked too dumb to know that, which literally made Jongin snort his coffee.

"What ?" Kyungsoo asked, wiping his mouth with the napkin.

"Nothing..another coffee ?" Jongin asked, but before Kyungsoo could answer, he had already ordered two coffee for them both and stared at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo felt uncomfortable at first, but slowly as they started to talk about the book, his uneasiness faded.

As time passed, and as their fifth cup of coffee was half finished, it felt as though they were friends from a very long time. As though it was not heir first time meeting.

Their meeting was as normal as anyone would imagine, -- Kyungsoo coming to Jongin since he had the same book -- but that meeting seemed special to them no matter how normal and simple they looked at it.

For hours they talked about the book. Discussing its plots, its characters, the twist and turns the story had, and what would happen to the characters after the book had finished, making their own happy ending for both the hero and the heroine.

The stars were already twinkling when Jongin and Kyungsoo had come out of the cafe.

"So..see you tomorrow Hyung.." Jongin said.

"Me too." Kyungsoo replied.

They both became a little sad to leave each others side but it couldn't be helped. Jongin had to send applications for his job as he always does and wait for their reply and Kyungsoo had to work late night in a small factory right near his house.

However, they thought of being in touch. Jongin and Kyungsoo exchanged numbers and sadly departed in their own separate ways.

--