The accident

Moonlight

"Hyung I will be home in another hour so stop getting so worried, I'm just stuck in traffic." Jongin reassured to Kyungsoo, while Kyungsoo was damn worried on the other end of the line.

"But the news says there's gonna be heavy rains soon Jongin. You should have stayed at the hotel." Kyungsoo said in a concerned tone.

"Hyung, its not raining now, so don't worry. I will be home soon. I'm hanging up okay ? Bye" Jongin hung up the phone before Kyungsoo could argue about him staying at the hotel anymore.

As each minute passed Kyungsoo got worried about Jongin coming home.

He usually comes home by 9:30 but this time it was past that usual time.

Kyungsoo - although knowing the fact that Jongin was driving - kept calling him but Jongin would not pick up his call since there could be a risk in it, besides it was also raining so Jongin didn't take any chances.

While the red light was still beeping, Jongin called Kyungsoo to inform him that he would be home in another 15 minutes.

Kyungsoo - on the other line - let out a sigh of relief. 
Heavy rains was one thing that Kyungsoo was solely afraid of. He had seen many accidents and incidents that made him despise heavy rains, but Jongin would always make fun of his silly excuse of rains and tends to ignore Kyungsoo on that specific topic.

It was already past 12 and Jongin said that he would be home in 15 minutes, however he wasn't. Kyungsoo reasoned he might have been stuck in traffic but that didn't stop him from making a call to Jongin and ask him where he was.

"Hyung I'm stuck in traffic and the vehicles are moving slow cause of it." Jongin said.

Kyungsoo couldn't hear half of the words Jongin was speaking due to the sound of rain pouring on the glass window and cars honking continually.

"What ? I can't hear you clearly-" Kyungsoo said but a sudden cough made his sentence incomplete.

On the other side, Jongin heard him cough and got slightly worried since his cough became more louder and unstoppable.

"Hyung are you alright ? Hyung ?" Jongin called but Kyungsoo wouldn't reply.

"Hyung ?"

Kyungsoo's and Jongin's call got disconnected. 
The rains made it difficult to receive any signal to either side of the line.

Jongin somehow felt uneasy, his concern for Kyungsoo was taking over his concentration on driving. He dialed Kyungsoo's number and waited for a few rings, but Kyungsoo wouldn't pick up the phone.

It was difficult for Jongin to keep his eyes on the road while driving and calling Kyungsoo at the same time, but he needed to get home as soon as he could, he took over some cars and changed his gear.

He had crossed his speed limit on the highway, the slippery road made it hard to drive but he did.

Jongin kept calling Kyungsoo but for some unknown reason, he wouldn't pick up. The call would ring for a few times and get disconnected.

Jongin thought that he was worrying for no reason and that Kyungsoo would be okay, but rather he was just saying that for his own satisfaction, he was too damn worried about him to think anything else.

Kyungsoo, nevertheless his unavoidable coughing, called Jongin.

Upon seeing a call from Kyungsoo, Jongin without delay picked up the call, but before he could answer it, he realized it that the signal was still in the red. 
A truck carrying rods for construction took a hit on Jongin's car.

His car took a couple of turns, finally stopping at the sign pole of Jack in the box.

Jongin could only hear the sound of cars honking and people chattering loudly, a few seconds had passed, but he didn't feel any pain. For that few painless few seconds he thought he was dead.
Jongin felt the phone in his hand, and held it near his ear as fast as he could.

"Hy-hyung..." Jongin called out.

"JONGIN ! WHAT HAPPENED ? WHAT WAS THAT NOISE ?" Kyungsoo's eager voice made Jongin's heart more painful. It was more painful to tell him that he was in that accident.

"HYUNG-" but before Jongin could finish his sentence, the line got disconnected, He felt himself slowly falling unconscious. On the palm of his hands fell droplets of his tears, or rather what Jongin thought were tears.

--