Chapter 3

A Long Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Anyone could tell that Joonmyeon is in a very foul mood when he shows up to work the next day. Yifan's sudden disappearance has left a deeper impact this time. There are questions Joonmyeon could just not find the answers to. Like for example, did Yifan actually woke up? Was it really him Joonmyeon met at the sidewalk and invited into his home? If it wasn't him, then who the hell was it?

Joonmyeon didn't realize that he's been emitting a bad aura until his dare devil PA slams the files he had asked for onto his desk, making him jump from the chair. He also hit his knee under the table which makes him howl in pain. Soojung looks pleased with his reaction.

"What was that for?" Joonmyeon demands, frowning deeply at his beautiful PA who gives him a smug look from where she stands.

"You looked like you wanted to kill someone this morning, Mr. Kim. I had to chase the bad aura away by scaring you. That way it'll leave the body." Soojung says with a shrug.

"What in the world are you talking about, Ms. Jung? And I do not look like I was going to kill somebody." Joonmyeon argues with a roll of his eyes.

"Do you have blue balls then?"

"...what."

Soojung sighs and rolls her eyes at him. "Sir, that is not a question. You know, you sound like my boyfriend. You both need to learn how to use question marks when asking questions."

"Wait, you're dating?"

Soojung rolls her eyes again with an exasperated sigh before storming out of Joonmyeon's office, leaving him to chuckle in amusement at her behaviour. Well, at least he's not brooding anymore, Soojung thinks as she goes back to her desk.

Thanks to Soojung, Joonmyeon is feeling lighter and for a moment, he forgets about last night and meets up with clients and attends a meeting which then ended right before dinner. As his assistant, Soojung had went along with him to meet up with clients and such so he asks if the girl wanted a lift home.

"No thanks, Mr. Kim." Soojung declines politely and flicks her long hair. "My boyfriend is coming to pick me up and we're going to have dinner."

"Oh... Well then, would you like me to accompany you as you wait?" he offers but again, she declines.

"He'll be here very soon, sir. You can just go on ahead." she says.

Joonmyeon looks back at the doors of the hotel where they had met one of their clients and thinks that Soojung should be alright waiting here by herself. Besides, the hotel security and bell boy are standing by the doors as well. "Alrighty then. Take care, Ms. Jung. Have a good night."

"Good night, Mr. Kim." she wishes him just as Joonmyeon's car arrives.

Joonmyeon thanks the valet and hands him a tip before getting behind the wheel. As he does so, another expensive looking car stops behind his vehicle and Joonmyeon sees Soojung enter the car with a skip in her steps. He couldn't see the driver since the windows are tinted but knowing that his PA is safe is a good enough reason for him to drive away without looking back.

 

 

***

 

 

Joonmyeon buys some Chinese take-out for dinner since he's too lazy to cook and arrives at his apartment forty five minutes later. When he switches on the lights, he jumps when he finds Yifan standing in the middle of the living room with his arms crossed and a scowl on his handsome face. "Wh-What the... Yifan?!"

"Why do you look so surprise?" Yifan asks as he comes forward. "And where the hell have you been? I've been sitting in the dark for almost two hours now and you should've been home by then too."

Joonmyeon stutters, feeling very confuse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter