Chapter 1

A Long Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joonmyeon wakes up with a headache.

He groans, slowly sitting up from the bed before looking around his empty room. He squints when the light from outside peers into his eyes, making him rub his eyes tiredly before dragging himself off the bed. One quick glance at the time makes him realize that it is almost noon, and Joonmyeon blames his low tolerence of alcohol as the reason for his hungover thus earning himself a late wake up call. Luckily, he's already applied for a day off or else he would've been suspended from his work for being four hours late.

A quick wash up and two aspirins later, Joonmyeon feels much more sober and decides to take a walk to a nearby diner which he frequently visits. Living alone makes him lazy; Joonmyeon forgot when he had last had a homemade meal. It could've been two weeks ago when he had visited his mother before she flew to New York to stay with his older brother. He had barely sat down after putting aside his umbrella when a waitress appears with a friendly smile and tilts her head.

"You're not working today?" she asks curiously, and Joonmyeon looks up to see the familiar girl. The waitress' name is Sohye, he recalls without having to look at her nametag, and she's also the daughter of the couple who owns the diner. Sohye is usually the one to take his orders as well ever since Joonmyeon started frequenting his visits. Joonmyeon would like to think that they are friends.

"Not today," he answers her with a polite smile. "I took a day off."

"I see..." She seems to know something with the way she looked at him, but Joonmyeon didn't get the chance to ask her when she straightens up and he instantly recognizes the professional look on her face. Sohye is now in her working mood. "So, Mr. Kim. I assume you'd want to order your breakfast special as usual?" she asks.

Breakfast special: scrambled eggs, bacon, toasts and coffee. But he needs something warmer than that to get rid of his headache. "Anything on the menu that could help me with this slight hangover I have?" he asks and she a brow before nodding.

"I'll get the cook to prepare chicken soup with extra ginger and some porridge. Coffee?"

"And toast."

"Alright. I'll be back with your coffee soon."

Joonmyeon nods gratefully at her, and Sohye disappears into the kitchen thus leaving him alone to his own thoughts. He leans back into the cushion and turns his head out the window, watching the scene outside. The streets are no doubt filled with vehicles of all kinds and people of all ages walking up and down the pavements, and he gets distracted by the sight of a tall foreigner with blonde hair crossing the road and feels a lump growing in his throat as it reminds him of a certain someone.

While waiting for his food, Joonmyeon asks for a newspaper from a nearby waiter and the other comes back with the Seoul's Daily folded neatly before handing it to him. Joonmyeon smiles widely when he sees the front page. It was his favourite actor and the article says that he had won the award for Most Popular - Actor (Film) at the recent 52nd Paeksang Arts Awards.

Joonmyeon feels really proud.

Sohye returns with his coffee and not long, his much needed salvation. He practically inhales the very warm porridge, feeling his tummy and whole body warming up at that and his headache begins to clear. Safe to say, his system has been rebooted, and Joonmyeon is finally ready to face the day.

When he's ready to leave, he pays for his food and thanks the staffs for their service. Sohye smiles at him from one of the tables she's cleaning. "Have a good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter