Chapter 2

A Long Journey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joonmyeon finds it hard to believe that Yifan is actually in his apartment. Just half and hour ago he had been peering down at the man's comatose state yet now he's standing in the middle of his living room, drying his wet hair with a pink towel Joonmyeon had dug up from somewhere in his closet. He takes note that Yifan is still very tall and his expression is as stoic as he remembers while he focuses on drying his hair after the rain, but then he turns and meets Joonmyeon's gaze and the smaller almost sobs when he sees the familiar and playful look.

"When did you move here?" Yifan asks him as he looks around the apartment. His deep eyes seems to scrutinize this place and Joonmyeon wonders if his best friend dislikes his place.

"Uhh... About two years ago maybe. It hasn't been that long." Joonmyeon replies as he dries his own hair.

"Huh," Yifan says and walks towards the nearby bookshelf. He scans through the books before reaching out for one, and he slowly turns to face Joonmyeon as he frowns down at the cover. "This is my book."

"H-Huh?" The shorter male stands up and go to stand next to Yifan before inspecting the book. It is indeed Yifan's and he rubs the back of his neck sheepishly as he confesses, "Uh, you see. I kinda... took it from your place."

"You did? Oh."

"You're not mad, are you?"

Yifan turns to frown at him but when he sees the anxious expression on Joonmyeon's face, he softens and tilts his head to the side. "What's wrong, Joon? Why are you acting so... jumpy? You honestly think that I'm going to be mad at you for having one of my things? That's highly unlike," he scoffs but he sounds playful. "You know I can never be angry with you."

Joonmyeon smiles but his eyes turn misty as he looks up at his best friend. He missed having the other chide him like this and seeing that gentle smile on Yifan's face makes him want to hold the taller and never let go. Four years without Yifan had been tough, and he's barely made it. But somewhere in the back of his mind there is a warning; that there is something wrong.

That all he's seeing is only a dream.

But how can it be a dream when Yifan is right there, smiling down at him like he always has?

 

 

***

 

 

Yifan's food is still as delicious as Joonmyeon remembers, but it still lacks compared to Kyungsoo's or Minseok's culinary skills. But Joonmyeon loves it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter