Tuesday

Creeping to Your Heart

Monday - Evening


Baekhyun had fallen asleep as soon as he arrived home and woke just in time for dinner. One more year of high school... I should be used to this already, so tired... At the back of his head he wasn't sure if there was something he was supposed to do when he got home, until his phone rang.

Kyungsoo.

He wasn't in the mood to talk to Kyungsoo. It was always the same thing. Whether they were still together or not, it didn't matter to Kyungsoo who always called him whenever he pleases. 

This time the phone vibrated, and a text from Kyungsoo demanded Baekhyun to call him back. 

Sigh.

 

"Baekie? Why did you ignore my call?" A quiet but clear voice can be heard on the other end.

"Did you two fight again?"

"Don't change the subject." Now it sounded like a pout. "Meet me tomorrow, I want to go to the amusement park!"

"I can't." Baekhyun mumbled. "If it was this morning it would be fine, but I'm seeing someone now."

"Another one?" Kyungsoo knew of Baekhyun's odd habit and never questioned why. "Is she cute? Cuter than me?"

Baekhyun sighed. "Soo. Whatever it is, go fix it. Stop running away everytime."

"Fine. Next week then." It was more of a necessity than a request. "You'll just break up anyway~"

The line went dead and Baekhyun sat on his bed staring off absentmindedly.

Kyungsoo was Baekhyun's first love. He didn't know when it started but every time the boy cried he couldn't leave him alone. Kyungsoo is 3 years older than Baekhyun and he was going out with Jongin, his older cousin by 6 years. While Kyungsoo attended a nearby college, Jongin was an assistant professor also at the college where the two first met. Jongin lived at his home temporarily due to the close commute to work as he lived more than 5 hours away from the college.

Kyungsoo would frequent their home and eventually stayed over with or without Jongin around. They had been together for the past 2 years, but were always on and off and at some point, Baekhyun gave in to his own desire to monopolize Kyungsoo whenever he was hurt by whatever Jongin did. But it never went as far as holding hands and light kisses. As if it was all a joke to Kyungsoo. He was a punching bag, a shoulder to cry on, someone Kyungsoo needed. That was how he got used to this strange relationship, and perhaps it was why he decided to date around until he could fall in love with someone other than Kyungsoo.

Chanyeol...

 

Chanyeol has been eyeing his phone ever since he got back from school. Although he did say he'd wait for a text but to think that's exactly what he would be doing was so unlike him.

Did he went somewhere... Unless he lives pretty far.

Unconsciously, he grabs his phone to find the text that Baekhyun had sent to himself. He wasn't sure if he should text him to check if he got home safely. As his thoughts wander, he was startled when his phone vibrated, there was a new message. 

Byun Baekhyun [8:01PM]

Want to go to the amusement park tomorrow?

It was so sudden that Chanyeol wasn't sure how to respond. It was then he realized they were only going to date for a week and he completely regretted not walking him home today because tomorrow will be Tuesday.

Park Chanyeol [8:02PM]

after school, front gate?

Byun Baekhyun [8:02PM]

Okay. 

See you tomorrow.

Before Chanyeol was able to put his phone down, his phone vibrated.

Byun Baekhyun [8:05PM]

Goodnight.. :)

A big grin was placed on his face as he began texting back.

Park Chanyeol [8:05PM]

goodnight. sweet dreams

 


Tuesday - 7:30AM


"You look happy."

Chanyeol was waiting at the front of Sehun's house so they could walk to morning practice together.

"Mornin." 

"Gross. Wipe that nasty grin off please." Sehun wasn't someone to annoy especially in the morning.

"So what exactly happened when you and Baekhyun broke up?" Chanyeol was used to Sehun's cold shoulder.

"You're still going on about that?" Sehun asked.

"Apparently we were already going out since yesterday."

"Wow. Congrats?"

"I'm just seeing what the hype was about. How was it possible that no one even hates him for dating different people every week, right after a break up too."

"One moment you're happy and the next you're questioning him." Sehun slowed down his pace and turned to Chanyeol. "You know, you should try to care for once, coming from me is hard to believe, but he's different."

Hmmm.

"Also, if he says 'I'm sorry I couldn't fall in love with you, let's break up' then that's the end of the cycle. I couldn't even argue because he looked hurt. In the end, I was happy we went out, it felt like a dream because he did everything a lover would do and gave his full attention to me only." Sehun sighed. "Too bad it was a short lived dream."

 


After school, front gate - 3:55PM


There was a weird feeling when Chanyeol saw Baekhyun for the first time today.

"Ready?" Baekhyun smiled warmly as he stood a few steps from Chanyeol.

"Y-yeah..."

Chanyeol couldn't shake off what Sehun had said earlier this morning. Maybe he does like Baekhyun? He's never dated a guy before, so this has to mean something.

"What's wrong?" Baekhyun was staring into Chanyeol as if reading his mind.

"Nothing. I.. I haven't been to the amusement park in a while."

"Oh? You didn't bring your girlfriends there? I'm surprised."

"I do, I'm just not interested in these things." Chanyeol was caught off guard when he blurted out something insensitively and before he could reiterate Baekhyun beat him to it.

"I'm sorry... I.. didn't know. We could do something else?"

"No no, it's ok. I didn't mean it that way." Scratching the back of his head out of habit, Chanyeol was flustered because he's never had a problem with deciding things while in a relationship. He'd usually go along with whatever the other person wanted. "Let's go."

"Mmm.." Baekhyun mumbled.

They took the train headed toward Lotte World. The trip was about an hour and 30 minutes as they arrived at their destination. 

 


6:00PM


"Let's grab some ice cream! I'm sweating already." Baekhyun was the first to break the ice.

"Sure. I'll get it." Chanyeol wanted to do anything to get rid of the awkwardness they had created earlier.

"O-oh. Then, strawberry for me please!"

Chanyeol came back with a scoop of chocolate flavoured ice cream on one hand, while the other holding a strawberry flavoured for Baekhyun.

"You like chocolate?"

"Yeah. Actually I like anything, but vanilla." 

"Haha, I'll remember that." Baekhyun his ice cream and savoured the taste in his mouth as the coldness washes him from the heat. "This feels nice..."

While they ate their ice cream, walked around, they chatted about trivial things. From interests, hobbies, likes and dislikes to more personal matters like family and past lovers. There was brief mention of Kyungsoo in the coversation but wasn't touched on as much.

 

"Let me try one more time!"

"Chanyeol! It's already the 10th time, it's ok. I wasn't serious, you don't need to win me that."

For the past hour after they ventured around the park, they were glued to their current game station for about 20 minutes. Baekhyun was eyeing a huge stuffed Rilakkuma and Chanyeol noticed it. The smaller looked as if he wouldn't leave unless he had the fluffy doll in his arms. In order to win the big doll, he had to shoot from a far range aiming at a targetted area consecutively using only 3 fake bullets.

"I'll get it this time, for sure. Just wait." Chanyeol was always into games and arcade, but when it comes to getting what he wants, he was always successful, usually.

After getting the first two bullets in, he was left with one bullet again and if he shoots it inside the target area he would win the Rilakkuma as the reward. 

 

"Thanks Chanyeol!" Baekhyun was holding onto a smaller version of the Rilakkuma.

"Sorry... I thought I really got it that time." Putting both his hands in his pants' pockets, his shoulder hung low in defeat, Chanyeol couldn't bring himself to look at Baekhyun.

How uncool.

"You're so silly... I appreciate the effort." Baekhyun paused, and turned to Chanyeol. "No one's really done that for me before... Going all out." His mouth drew a wide toothy grin, revealing a gorgeous eye smile.

Ba-thump.

Chanyeol would be lying if he didn't felt his heart skipped a beat. 

"Baekie?"

A deep clear voice resounded around the space Chanyeol and Baekhyun had been occupying for a brief silent moment.

Baekhyun fell pale. Chanyeol followed the small orbs that wandered toward a stranger who stood a few feet from behind him.

"It is you!" Kyungsoo started approaching them, tugging along a Jongin who he was holding onto.

"Y-yeah.." Baekhyun looked out of place, and he wasn't sure if this was karma for bringing Chanyeol to a place he and Kyungsoo frequented. Especially knowing Kyungsoo, he would be all better as soon as Jongin makes up to him.

"Hyunie? You never told me you made a new friend." Jongin was the last person to know anything about Baekhyun when things between him and Kyungsoo took a wrong turn. They were once close, like brothers, but he felt like he betrayed him.

"Um. This is Chanyeol." Baekhyun tried his best to remain calm. "He's a junior of mine, we go to the same school."

"Hi. Nice to meet you..." 

"I'm Jongin, Baekhyun's cousin."

"I'm Kyungsoo~" He held out a hand toward Chanyeol as a friendly gesture. "Please take good care of our Baekie, he can be quite clumsy but he's really kind." Kyungsoo smiled slightly with large orbs seeping deep into Chanyeol's.

"Let's go, Chanyeol." Baekhyun almost couldn't breathe being around them any longer. He felt suffocated. "...I'll be home a little later."

Without glancing back, Baekhyun walked past the two, and the further he went, the more he felt eyes watching him from behind. He knew Chanyeol was walking next to him but oblivious to the taller looking dismayed.

 


7:50PM


"So that was Kyungsoo, huh." 

Baekhyun felt a jolt from the sudden onset of topic. They had been quiet for some time after the encounter, walking around aimlessly.

"Yeah.." He could only reply softly without looking at Chanyeol.

"I thought you're over him." 

"I am."

"It doesn't seem like it."

This time Baekhyun stopped walking. He glanced up at Chanyeol and to his surprise, he looked... confused, hurt. He almost wanted to hug the taller and apologize for the awful introduction earlier.

"I'm sorry.. I don't really know myself. But I know it's over. I don't.. love him anymore-"

"It doesn't matter, since we're just dating for a week right?" 

It took a brief second for that to sink in for Baekhyun. No.. Why is it like this?

"Even if it's just a week, let's have fun and enjoy it."

"It's not supposed to be like this..." I never wanted this. 

Baekhyun didn't know why things end up being the way it was. It was never his 'rule' to only date someone at beginning of the week, to dumping them at the end. He didn't want to hurt anyone and that's why ending things earlier would be beneficial for both parties. But that didn't mean he doesn't want something real, someone who he could fall in love with at the end of the week.

"Did you say something?" While Baekhyun was mumbling quietly as if to himself, Chanyeol was busy figuring out which ride they should go on. "Come on, let's go on a few rides and call it a day!" 

Chanyeol on the other hand, he was never the type to play around when he dated, but at the same time, he always let himself be led around. He doesn't go all out for anyone because he never cared or considered anything more than necessary. 

But he was starting to care about Baekhyun, unaware of his feelings that are slowly forming inside his heart, the jealousy and the desire.

 

 


The whole story went a totally different way...heh.. sorryyy ><