Monday

Creeping to Your Heart

Monday - 9:30AM


"I heard they just broke up."

"Today's Monday... I wonder who is the lucky one this week, heh."

"I want to try dating him too..."


Tsk. Gossip.

Chanyeol's been hearing the same things all day and if someone doesn't shut up soon he might punch the first person he sees.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of bed today." A lean figure propped in front of his field of vision. "You're glaring."

"Sehun, how lucky you are that you're my friend. I almost gave you a bruise." The urge to hit someone quickly vanished, Chanyeol then gazed back at his childhood friend, "By the way, you dated that... Uh... What's his name again? The one-week-rule guy."

"You... You're asking about my love life?" Sehun blinked with a look of disbelief. "The Park Chanyeol?"

"Will you just answer me?" If it's any other situation, Chanyeol would have wiped off that annoying grin his best friend was giving him.

Sehun gave another look, this time he was curious.

"Yeah, Baekhyun. What about him?"

"Well, did you guys actually dated? I mean, one week is seriously not enough time to get to know someone." 

Raising an eyebrow, Sehun sits on the edge of the giant's desk while crossing his arms. "I guess the gossips about him has been flying around quite successfully, even to your ears!" Sehun smirked. "Well, I don't know why he does what he does, but I gave it my all when I was with him... Despite the expected one-week-rule, I was happy. He's really somethin' though, apparently he cuts off all ties with the people he dated, I can testify for that."

"Wow. That's a first, coming from you. You're a toal boy, who would have thought."

Chanyeol couldn't believe what he was hearing, because the Sehun he grew up with was someone who dated just as many people, he was never serious. Which was why it didn't surprise him when he went after the infamous Byun Baekhyun.

"Likewise to you. If you're so curious, why not try dating him yourself." Sehun scoffed.

"Sorry but I don't swing that way."
 

 


12:01PM


"Sehun-ah! I'm going to the convenience store. I'm sick of cafeteria food." Chanyeol waved as he walked past Sehun's classroom without waiting for a reply.

 

It was summer. The peak of summer which was the hottest season of the year.

Why did I decide to go out again? Chanyeol briefly regretted his decision of not staying inside his air conditioned school.

It was too late to turn around as he already exited the front gate and he only got about 30 more minutes of lunch break. The convenience store was just around the corner of his school and Chanyeol would be turning towards it if not for a sudden screech of car tires halting to a stop.

He turns around and witnessed a slender male stepping out of the passenger seat of the sports car.

What a way to arrive at school dude... Chanyeol rolled his eyes but continued to observe.

The said male proceeded to stop in front of the driver's seat, as the windows rolled down he leaned down simultaneously, a beautiful older woman poked her head out and gave a passionate kiss to the mystery guy. A wave goodbye was the last gesture before the car zoomed away.

Before Chanyeol could look elsewhere and should have realized he was staring even after the woman left, the slender figure approached him slowly.

"Sorry you had to see that..."

Chanyeol thought he looked familiar from afar, and now that he was up close, he realized this was Baekhyun, the Byun Baekhyun who dates anyone who asks him out for a period of one week. He gasps, eyes widened as he wasn't ready to face the one person he had been curious about for the past week.

"Um... Chanyeol?" Baekhyun didn't know if he shocked the giant with his promiscuous scene a moment ago, or if he's deciding to stay quiet for the sake of not making things more awkward.

Snapping to reality, Chanyeol reacted to the sound of his name. "Huh? Wha.. H-how do you know my name?" 

Did I hear that right? He knows me?

"Uh.. you are quite famous around the school you know? You're popular and good looking." Light chuckles can be heard from the petite male.

Chanyeol knew he was popular, but he never would have thought the one that is the famous and most desired person in the school would know of him as well.

"Oh. I'm not... really. Ha..ha.." Scratching the back of his head, "S-so, that was your girlfriend?" What happened to his one-week-rule...

"Yeah. But we broke up just now. It didn't work out... as always." Chanyeol could see that Baekhyun was a little upset. 

At least he seems to be serious...

"Wow. Right on the dot huh. I heard you only date people for one week?" Despite already knowing the truth, Chanyeol was curious to hear it from the person himself.

"I guess? I don't really mean it to happen that way. It just happens."

"It'd be pretty interesting to know how that feels. Go out with me too? Hahaha!" Huh? What did I...?! "S-shoot, I forgot to buy lunch!"

Baekhyun didn't seem surprised nor did he say anything. They both stood still for a brief moment with no eye contact before Chanyeol made his way to the convience store as he awkwardly waved at the petite male and disappeared around the corner.

 


1:15PM


"You took quite some time during lunch... I went to your classroom to borrow a pen but I didn't see you."

Chanyeol wasn't in the mood to utter a reply to Sehun as his head was occupied with the thought of accidentally, or rather, blurting out that he wanted to go out with Baekhyun. The worst part was that there was no reply and he's feeling like today just wasn't his day.

"Great, I'll just put back this pen. Thanks jerk." Sehun was annoyed that his presence didn't seem to attract any attention from his giant friend. 

"I asked him out..."

Just when Sehun was leaving, his head turned abruptly. "You what?"

"I asked Byun Baekhyun to go out with me... accidentally." Chanyeol buried his face into his palms, he was totally regretting everything because Baekhyun wasn't phased at all by his sudden approach. The most confusing thing was why he asked in the first place. It's not like I like him.

"What happened to 'I don't swing that way'...? I'm sure you don't." Sehun gave a look of satisfaction, he then sat in front of Chanyeol and allowed his friend to face him before he continued. "But I don't blame you, once you talk to him, it's natural to fall for him on the spot."

"But it's not like I like him. I... don't know what happened." 

"Like I said, you may not know now, but there was definitely attraction. He just gives people that vibe."

Chanyeol doesn't seem to deny that. There was something about Baekhyun when the smaller approached him, the way his slender body moved gracefully and how his soft-like hair ruffled against the hot breeze. He definitely couldn't forget how his voice sounded, it was quiet but resonated against his ear as if it's all he wanted to hear. 

Now Chanyeol was beginning to feel nauseated from thinking too deeply. He can't be falling for someone, a guy at that, because usually it's the other way around. There were male admirers but he never once considered dating anyone of the same gender. So why now? Why Baekhyun?

I got rejected before even going out. This .

 


After school, at the front of the school gate - 4:10PM


Chanyeol wasn't sure if he was seeing right. He had just finished the day of school and had skipped out on basketball practice due to his head pounding from previous bouts of nonstop thinking. Usually he would always walk home with Sehun as they lived on the same block, but of course, Sehun was on the same basketball team and had gone to practice without him. 

"Hey."

That voice again which never left Chanyeol's ears. 

"H-hey."

"What's your number?"

What?

"Actually, give me your phone."

Chanyeol unconsciously tugs his phone out of the back of his pants' pocket and proceeds to allow Baekhyun to take it out of his grasp. He stood still as he observed what the smaller was doing. Before he could process the situation, his phone was handed back to him.

"There! I added my number to your contact list, and sent a text to myself. I'll text you when I get home." Baekhyun was about to turn around and leave until Chanyeol tugged at his wrist.

"Wait!" He was confused. He wasn't sure what this was all about. "W-wait a moment. What, are we going out now?"

Baekhyun looked rather confused than anything, he then nods at Chanyeol. "A-aren't we? You said... Um. Wait... Unless I heard wrong?" Now Baekhyun looked as if he made the biggest mistake and started to panic.

"No! N-no. You didn't. I did ask you to go out with me... I just..." Baekhyun was gazing up at him even more confused now. "I mean, I guess I wasn't sure, I didn't think you'd actually accept like this after not giving me a reply straight away. I thought..."

"I'm sorry... I usually do, but I guess it was pretty sudden. It's the first time I was taken aback..." There was a hint of blush against the milky smooth skin and Chanyeol thought that Baekhyun was the cutest person he's ever met.

Did I just thought he was cute? 

Now Baekhyun was giving him a rather apologetic look while also glancing down towards the strong hands that were still wrapped around his wrist.

"O-oh! Sorry. I didn't mean to grab you like that." Chanyeol lets go of Baekhyun's hand and ran his own to the back of his head.

"So... I guess I'll text you?" Baekhyun smiled and tilted his head slightly as if confirming if it was alright.

"Okay. Y-yeah. I'll wait!" I'll wait?! Really Chanyeol? You're not a 10 year old girl. 

Baekhyun chuckled lightly and gave the most beautiful toothy smile Chanyeol has ever witnessed. They waved goodbye.

Internally, Chanyeol wanted to walk his now boyfriend home, but he thought that would be moving things too fast. Even though in reality time was valuable, but for Chanyeol, he had momentarily forgotten about the one-week-rule...

 

 


To be continued...  *u*