Wednesday

Creeping to Your Heart

Wednesday - 6:00AM


Chanyeol woke up with droplets of sweat sticking to the rim of his forehead. If it were any other day he would have gotten up and washed his face, then got ready for school while yawning lazily and dragging himself out the house towards Sehun's.

Today's Wednesday...

Thoughts of Baekhyun wandered into Chanyeol's mind and he remembered what happened last night.

Kyungsoo.

Chanyeol rolled to the side of his bed and searches for his phone that usually sits on a bedside table with other objects scrambled together. He was getting frustrated when he couldn't find his phone until the sound of his ringtone blared throughout his room. His phone was lying on the floor next to the bed.

". How did you end up down there?" He quickly grabs the phone and picks up without checking who the caller was.

"You're lucky I'm already up! It's only 6 in the ing morning!!" Chanyeol growled into the speaker angrily.

He was never a morning person. Due to the basketball team's upcoming finals game, their coach has been grinding them with morning and after school practices.

"S-sorry..."

"Hm?" Wait... Chanyeol blinked a few times because the voice didn't belonged to who he thought it was. He checks his caller and Baekhyun's name appeared on the screen. He felt an invisible hand smack him hard on the head before putting the phone back to his ears.

"Baekhyun! I didn't know it was you, I'm sorry! I thought..." ! I thought it was that jerk, Sehun.

"Ah no, I'm sorry! I shouldn't  have called this early..." Baekhyun's voice sounded raspy but soft at the same time. 

"It's alright, I'm supposed to be up anyway. I've got basketball practice later."

"Oh..."

"Y-yeah.. So, how are you?" What kinda question is that!? You just saw him last night Park Chanyeol. 

Baekhyun was laughing softly on the other end. "I'm good. How are you?"

"G-good.. do you usually get up this early?"

"Mm.. yeah, I'm an early bird." There was a pause before Baekhyun continued, "I was worried... I'm sorry about.. um-"

It wasn't just Chanyeol, who had been thinking a lot since their sudden encounter with Kyungsoo and Jongin. Baekhyun realized he wasn't ready at the time to tell Chanyeol everything. Even though that was their first date, first time really getting to know each other, he shouldn't have told Chanyeol about Kyungsoo. He didn't know why he did, because he's never revealed that personal part of him.

"Baekhyun. Let's have lunch together?" Chanyeol interrupted.

They were both silent for a moment.

"Ok." Baekhyun responded shortly.

"Lake Park?"

They both agreed and ended the call. Just before Chanyeol was able to get up and head to the bathroom, he received a text message.

Byun Baekhyun [6:11AM]

Good luck with practice... Fighting! ^^

He may have woke up with a frown, and earlier than usual to boot, but hearing Baekhyun's voice made all his thoughts and worries subside. 

Too cute.

 


Lake Park - 12:00PM


"I guess I'm early..." 

Chanyeol was sitting by a bench at the park they had agreed to meet at. He was staring off into the small crowds and he suddenly realize this was a popular spot that couples go to. There were couples sitting across from his view, while another couple was snuggling under a tree away from the blazing sun, and to make matters worst, Baekhyun arrived when a nearby couple started making out passionately by the rails just metres from his bench. 

"I figured you might know about this place..." Baekhyun sat beside Chanyeol on the bench while reaching into a small bag and placed a lunch box on his lap. "Judging by your expression, I guess you forgot?" He started giggling at the funny face Chanyeol was making.

"I.. I'm sorry! I totally didn't think about this."

"It's ok. Technically, we're a couple too." Baekhyun smiled and began opening his lunch box.

"T-true... You're right." Chanyeol began tearing away the plastic off the sandwich he had bought at the cafeteria while glancing at Baekhyun's lunch. "Wow, did you make all these?"

There was fruits on one side of Baekhyun's lunch box, while the other side had a series of assorted kimbap rolled with mouth watering ingredients. Chanyeol couldn't take his eyes off it as he gulped down his saliva.

Baekhyun chuckled at the hilarious face Chanyeol was making. He has never seen anyone with numerous expressions in a span of a minute, it was truly refreshing for him to see because everyone he's ever met were always forcing a good impression on him, instead of showing their real selves.

"I made extra just for today." He used his chopstick to grab a kimbap and made a bee line towards Chanyeol's mouth. "Ahh."

Unknowingly, Chanyeol opened his mouth and in goes the rice roll. 

"Woao! This ish sho gewd!!" He couldn't help but chew while showing his excitement because it really was the best kimbap he's ever tasted. 

"Eat slowly, Chanyeol, you'll choke...!"

 

Lunch wasn't a very long date for them but they took their time, completely forgotten about their surrounding. While wrapping up the remains, mostly an empty lunch box, Chanyeol stood up and headed towards the rail which were near the waters. Baekhyun following from behind.

"Ahhh, this feels nice! I'm so full." As he stretched for comfort, Chanyeol leaned his elbow on the rail with his chin resting on one hand and gazed into the horizon as he breathed in the afternoon air that breezed against his face.

"Yeah..." Baekhyun stood next to him also staring off into the view.

Chanyeol was brought back to reality when he glanced at a couple just a few feet away from where they were standing. They were the same couple that was making out earlier and they were at it again, giggling and snuggling into their heated moment.

.. get a room will ya? Chanyeol thought annoyingly.

He then turned his gaze back at Baekhyun who was just in the view before them. And that was the moment he couldn't help letting his heart beat rapidly against his chest, as he stood only a foot away giving him a closer look at the smaller's features.

Is that... a mole? On his ear lobe though...

It was as if time had froze and Chanyeol wasn't aware of what he was about to do. His hand moved quietly in the space between their uneven figures as he motioned toward Baekhyun's ear and placed his index finger gently on the visible black dot.

Baekhyun was startled by the sudden touch and turned his head at the direction of the action. His head tilted slightly upward facing the object of the touch and he felt his body rise in temperature, especially his face.

Chanyeol's face was close. Very close.

Ba-thump. Ba-thump.

Baekhyun felt his heart thumping out of his chest because Chanyeol was so close. And he was moving closer. They were both unconscious of what was happening, because now Chanyeol was closing his eyes and Baekhyun was tip toeing. As if electricity ran through their bodies, lips touching ever so gently, lightly... unmoving.

Baekhyun quivered against the lush lips and that woke Chanyeol from his daze. He was suddenly overwhelemd with shock and pulled away harshly.

"Uh! Wha.." He was speechless and blinked several times. "I- . It's already this late, we should get back!"

Chanyeol ran off without glancing back at Baekhyun, unknown to how the smaller looked. Just as overwhelmed, not from shock, but the way Chanyeol reacted.

 


1:20PM


. , , !

Chanyeol cursed internally and repeatedly as he got back from the park. He was already late for the first afternoon class and due to the event that unfolded during lunch, he wasn't ready to face anyone and made his way towards the school roof. 

 

By the time the bell rang for the last period, Chanyeol had calmed down from relaxing at the rooftop. He ended up cursing himself into a deep slumber and slept under the sun which got his arms slightly sun burnt. 

 

"Thanks for ignoring my texts, . Where the hell were you?" Sehun may be a year younger, but he knew all of Chanyeol's classes and schedules. "Just so you know, Baekhyun asked your whereabouts. I thought you two were dating?"

Gulp.

Chanyeol had completely left Baekhyun at lunch without even walking back together. After doing something he did out of the blue, the person who should be shocked is Baekhyun. But it was a spur of the moment because when Baekhyun jumped slightly while turning to him, he had the most precious looking expression on his face. He was blushing all the way to his ears and eyes sparkled as if pleading for him to do something.

"Ugh.. I don't know what's wrong with me... Sehun-ahhhhh~" Chanyeol wanted to hug Sehun and to his misfortune, the boy moved aside causing him to stumble to the ground. 

"You jerk!!"

"Right back at you." Crossing his arms, Sehun walked past the fallen giant to his own classroom. "Make sure you come to practice! And whatever it is, at least I think you're making progress with Baekhyun, so make it right. It's the first time I've ever seen him looking all flustered and.. quite miserable."

That was enough to have Chanyeol on his feet. Miserable? Did I.. went overboard?

 


5:30PM


Basketball practice took longer than usual, or rather, Chanyeol wasn't exactly concentrating on the game to realize that practice was already over minutes ago. He had been thinking of how to approach Baekhyun and apologize for what he did. They were only supposed to go out for a week, and for him to do that suddenly, it wasn't supposed to happen like that. It wasn't supposed to happen at all, because Chanyeol was curious, he wanted to feel how a guy's lips feels like. 

Soft... More than a girl's.

"Arghhh!! What am I thinking!?" 

"Seriously, what's with you?" Sehun was more than annoyed at Chanyeol because he ruined the practice today with his distractions. "You both act like you've committed a crime."

"I feel like I did."

"What?"

"I k-kissed him..."

There was a moment of silence and Chanyeol couldn't bring himself to look at his friend's reaction.

Sehun had to think for a minute because he wasn't understanding the situation.

"So.. what's the big deal?" He finally replied. "Wait... you're seriously acting like a pitiful jerk over a kiss!?"

"It's not just a kiss!!! It's a kiss.. with.. with a guy... I've never even went out of my way to kiss a girl before unless they want it first."

"Jesus christ Chanyeol! Don't tell me you left the poor boy hangin' after you k-" Sehun's eyes were widened after confirming what he was thinking because Chanyeol looked guilty. "Holy . You did not."

"I did.. and that's why I don't know what to do." Chanyeol was slumped and had his head buried into his fists.

"For your information, he never lets anyone touch him. Sure, even I kissed him before and he was fine with it, but it never felt like he wanted it. But it seems you're overreacting because I think he genuinely cares about you." 

Chanyeol raised his head and glanced at Sehun. He wasn't sure where this was going, but he needed to listen.

"A year ago, there was a rumour that he wasn't a . That he gave it to his childhood crush. But apparently, things didn't end well and he never wanted to let anyone touch him more than necessary." Sehun started tossing his belongings into his gym bag, then turned to Chanyeol and looked straight into his eyes. "Chan, I think you're probably the closest to really mean something more to him. He was a great boyfriend, faithful and loving til the end, but outside of that or the necessity, he never cared or bothered enough about anyone like he did today. I would know, because he was my first love and wish he looked like that for me instead."

There was thick air between the two childhood friends, but there was no tension. Sehun was the first to break the eye contact and hung his bag over one shoulder before glancing at Chanyeol again.

"He's probably really lonely, despite how many people wants to be with him. You should probably go look for him."

Sehun exited the men's changing room. Chanyeol sat where he was, unmoving.

"Apparently, he never keeps in contact with those he dated."

Chanyeol recalled what Sehun had said to him previously.

That's why I didn't want to become serious... It'll just end in 4 days.

Thump.

".. my chest hurts..." 

 

 


First of all, thank you sooo much for the current subbys and the two lovely commentators for this ongoing story.. I really appreciate the support. ^^

On a side note, I don't know if this is good enough to continue? Are you all really reading this newbiness? ;~; ..Originally I wanted to write stories on AFF to practise my writing skills, but at the same time, I started to crave for more feedbacks and subscribers. Keeps me motivated to continue.. ><  Even though I pretty much write every chapter on the spot since I have the whole plot in my head.. but it's also a matter of time. 

I think I'll continue once I reach at least a good number. Sorrieeee for my selfish request. D:

I will keep it open for everyone to read without the forced subscription, so the more reason I would expect subbys ToT ... til next time. <3