Chapter 7

Sinful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for the long time, no update 

There was a tense silence from outside the building, the only sound being that if the deep bass which was booming from inside the club. The club was located in west Seoul and was very popular with businessmen and other elitists.

Youngjae closed his eyes, taking a deep breath and saying a silent prayer.

1…

2…

3!

“Get down! Get down! Get down!”

The young officer, chest protected by a bulletproof vest, rushed in after his fellow policemen. His gun raised and angled as a flurry of movement and sound happened around him. This was Youngjae’s first raid, and whilst he was very excited and thankful that he’d been seen as skilled enough to take part, he was also very nervous. The precinct had been planning this for a whole and he wouldn’t be able to live with himself if he did something that messed it up.

However, it looked like Youngjae had worried for nothing.

The civilians had been separated and the gang members had surrendered, their drugs recovered.

It was a job well done until.

Fwwwsssshhh

The sound of a toilet flushing echoed in the building, and officer and criminal alike both turned to the lavatories (although the former did so with raised guns.)

“What the ?” Jae blurted when to his surprise, Daehyun walked out from the black door whistling a jaunty tune.

“Woah, woah, woah!” Daehyun exclaimed once he noticed all the guns pointed at him, his hands instantly raising to show he was unarmed.

Woah, indeed, thought Jae. The Busan man’s exclamation matched Jae’s thoughts exactly. What was Daehyun doing here? He thought the elder was a good guy, but here he is, in a club notorious for being seedy. Not to mention that it just so happened to be during a drug bust. Words couldn’t describe the disappointment and hurt that was coursing through Jae. He had trusted Daehyun.

“Get down on the ground!” An officer boomed.

“I-I haven’t done anything!” Daehyun wailed. “I’m innocent. I swear.”

Youngjae perked up at the proclamation of innocence.

“It’s true, that dude just came to use the toilet.” Lee Jooheon, the leader of the gang MX spoke up from the floor, his words slightly muffled as his hands were behind his head and his face on the ground.

“See, see, see. I’m innocent!” Daehyun babbled. “I’m innocent.”

Youngjae relaxed. The disappointment he felt being replaced by annoyance. Trust Jung Daehyun to casually walk into the site of a drug raid.

“Sir,” Youngjae called out to his chief. “I know this man, I can vouch for him.” Somewhere in the background, Daehyun could be heard crying out ‘officer Yoo, save me’.

“Are you sure, Officer?” Chief Sooman questioned.

Jae nodded.

“Okay then, someone this young man to a car.”

 

The last gang members had been arrested and herded into the police van. Youngjae exhaled and pat himself on the back for a job well done. This had been the largest drug bust in three years for the precinct, and he was proud to have been a part of it. He was exhausted, but he couldn’t relax yet. He had a package from Busan to deal with.

That idiot Jung Daehyun, always getting in the way.

Youngjae made his way to his patrol car where his chief was waiting, leaning against the door with his arms folded.

"Hey," Chief Sooman started speaking at his side, his voice low to avoid the ears of the man in the car, "Isn’t it weird that he keeps turning up everywhere?"

"Daehyun? Yeah," Youngjae hesitated, "Yeah. he is weird. But... " Youngjae didn’t know what to argue. Even he himself had questioned the fact that Daehyun kept appearing during crimes but all those encounters had ended positively, and the elder was clearly not a malicious person. Jae’s mind played back the fool Daehyun had made of himself in the park last month, just to cheer Youngjae up.

"But what? You aren’t even a bit suspicious of him?" Chief Sooman eyed Youngjae strangely.

"I don’t think he’s a bad person. I ..." Youngjae hesitated once again, "I trust him. He’s not a bad guy. He just happens to always be at the wrong place at the wrong time."

After having run into the older boy a few times, Youngjae had lost all possible suspicions surrounding Daehyun. Anytime he was accused of anything, he managed to prove himself innocent. If there was anything he _was_ guilty of, it was making Youngjae’s face flush bright red, his heart pound a million times a minute and his head swirl with confusion. But of course, he wasn’t going to mention this to his boss. Heck, he could barely admit to himself.

"I don’t think we need to worry about him." He concluded.

"Alright. But Youngjae," Lee Sooman turned to face Youngjae properly, "Be cautious with him okay? It’s your job to be suspicious of people."

Youngjae simply smiles at him, "Of course! Don’t worry!"

 

~~~

"Uwah! It’s so pretty! Look at the cherry blossoms~" Junhong beamed towards Jongup and Daehyun behind him. The youngest, in his excitement, had run ahead of the other two once they’d reached the park. As it was March, the three friends had decided to come and see the cherry blossom trees as per Junhong’s request.

Jongup chuckled, smiling just as brightly, "This is exactly why I love spring!"

Daehyun, confused, commented, "You love spring?" Because he had very distinct memories of Jongup about how much he hates the smell of flowers everywhere (and the sight of couples). When he’d been in high school, spring was his least favourite tome of the year because whoever he was dating at the time wanted to go out almost every day. All the poor lad wanted to do was sleep, dammit!

"Yes," came the immediate response, along with a glare in Daehyun’s direction.

"Well, I’m glad that I can spend this spring with you guys," Junhong added through light giggles.

Jongup pushed Daehyun away and sped up to catch up to Junhong, a faint "ouch" heard behind them. "Junhong, you spend so much time with us nowadays." He said, throwing an arm around the younger that left him walking whilst bent over.

"Yeah isn’t it cool! We’re like besties now, the three of us." He beamed.

"Yeah, it’s awesome and I’m so glad to have you as a friend, aren’t you Dae?" Jongup turned to see Daehyun frowning slightly as he approached them. (Probably st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter