Chapter 2

Sinful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junhong, or Zelo as he was known as to his friends, sluggishly walked out of the college dance studio accompanied by his dance mates. The sun had long since gone down and the students barely had time to enjoy the day due to their choice to start practice well before the sun rose. They rarely saw the sun and it was likely they wouldn’t see the sun for a few more days until the winter exams were over.

Perfect, that is what he wanted the performance to be.

Many in the class already told him that it was the best it was going to get; many more begrudgingly admitted it was better than their own routines, but for Junhong, the performance wasn’t right just yet, particularly when he saw his idol’s performance yesterday. He made performing look easy. Routine was flawless, body moving effortlessly to the music, it made all audience members wish they could dance just like him, especially Junhong. Not fair, Junhong thought, how can one person be so good at dancing. Don’t get him wrong, he admired his idol, he gave Junhong the courage to work hard at his dancing dream rather than the mundane career his parents had picked for him. But with people as skilled as him, it was hard to not feel bad about his own skills.

Before reaching his dorm room, one of his friends called out to him,

“We’re going out tomorrow after practice as it’s finally the weekend.” He spoke with a playful tone, to which Junhong could only roll his eyes. That was nothing new. His friends were always going out. “Come on…” His friend was now attempting to use his ugly puppy eyes and pouting face in attempts to win Junhong over. He was about to shake his head, but his friend started his final desperate attempt to get Junhong to go out, “I’ll pay for all your drinks,” Junhong could only scoff and raise his eyebrows as the others jested, “What money? You’re broke as .”

“I will, I swear on … on…” Whilst he was trying to think of something to say, Junhong decided to put his friend out of his misery.

“No.”

“Why not?” His friend stomped his foot like a five-year-old. You wouldn’t think that Jun was the youngest out of them all.

“I need to practice on Saturday; the first exam is two days after. I need to get the dance right.”

“It’s as right as it is gonna get. You’re making the rest of the class look bad with all the effort you’re putting in.” Junhong rolled his eyes once again, pushing his door open. “It will help you relax. You know if you practice too much your performance will be bad”

“Goodnight, Suwoong” Junhong began to sound slightly irritated at his friends constant nagging. Suwoong, picking up on his irritation, sighed and gave up, it was always like this; fighting a losing battle with Junhong.

“Fine. But if you want to have some fun and stop being a stick in the mud, we will be at Mixers.” He concluded before turning around to go to his room and most probably sulk.

Seriously… who says ‘stick in the mud’ anymore. Junhong shook his head.

Finally, some time to himself, Junhong pulled his phone out and plugged in his headphones and started to go over his routine in his head.

 

 

 

“Could you hurry up, please,” Jongup called out with impatience, his foot tapping as he glanced at the time on his phone. He had been waiting for half an hour.

“It takes time to look as good as me,” the elder shot back.

Jongup rolled his eyes. “It’s because you’re old. You can’t wake up and already be gorgeous like me.” The purple haired youngster laughe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter