Chapter 6

Sinful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Small pants huffed from the officer as his feet thundered against the floor, his rapid heartbeat was loud in his ears.

“Stop right there!” Youngjae called. The perp turned around and stuck his tongue out before speeding up, causing Jae to sigh.

He really hated running.

Officer Youngjae had been chasing this guy for a solid ten minutes after catching him with a spray can in his hands next to a brick wall covered in wet paint. Coincidence? Jae thought not.

The man entered into a park. It was a Saturday, midday, and the small park was teeming with people. Kids laughing as they ran around like mice, couples strolling happily hand in hand, or people just enjoying the atmosphere. It was a shame it was about to be disrupted.

“Stop!” Youngjae yelled once again. His legs were screaming at him to stop but he had a job to do.

The perp ran into a crowded section. Gasps and noises of confusion ringing in the small park as people were shoved rudely to the side by the hooded hoodlum as he made an escape route through the mass. Sticky soda sprayed as the perp crashed into a civilian, the latter arching in the air before landing harshly on his back.

Youngjae felt very conflicted.

His head was telling him to go after the vandal; he’d been chasing him for so long, it was a disappointment to let him go but Youngjae’s kind heart couldn’t just leave the poor guy on the floor. It was his job as a police officer and human to help him.

With a sigh, as he watched his perp become a black dot in the distance, he walked to the civilian and knelt beside him.

“Sir, are you okay?” he asked kindly, the man continued to mumble as Jae turned the writhing man over only to have his eyes widen almost comically.

“Jung!”

The man finally stopped his grumbling as a wide smile appeared on his face. “Officer Yoo! Fancy seeing you here.” He beamed as he sat up, it quickly becoming clear that he was in no pain at all.

Dafuq. Youngjae had thought that he was seriously injured! It was the only reason why he’d let the perp get away. The police officer sat on his hunches, his pink lips forming into a thin line as the other continued to babble about whatever, oblivious to the silent fuming of the younger who felt like he’d been played.

Daehyun, on the other hand, was having the time of his life. He’d just been wandering around (as he did), seeing a flash of pink before he was pushed to the floor.

Lucky¸ he’d thought. Maybe if I play this right, I can get some money out of this. So then out came Jung Actor; the Busan native using his A++ acting skills in the hope of getting some compensation. It was going well until he’d heard his name uttered in that voice he’d quickly committed to memory.

That was why his mouth had been running non-stop. It had been a while since he’d been graced with the officer’s presence, and he was excited.

“I’m really happy to see you, Yoo. Aren’t you happy to see me?” He babbled, finally noticing the glare being shot at him. There was so much heat in his eyes Dae was sure his head could have melted. “Er… judging by that look on your face, I guess you’re not.” He mumbled, shrinking slightly when the younger growled at him. Geez, what’s up his ? Dae wondered as he played back their interaction to find where he’d possibly gone wrong, his mind drawing back to that time outside Mixer when he’d been knocked down by that thief.

His mouth fell open in a silent ‘o’ as he realised, “Were you chasing that guy who knocked me over?”

Youngjae’s glare intensified and Daehyun had his answer.

“I’m sorry, Yoo” he said meekly, the glare fell from the younger’s face to be replaced by a pout. “Hey, hey,” Daehyun fretted, “don’t be sad. I’m sorry I got in the way. I’m sure you’ll catch another one.” Dae encouraged.

But the police officer’s face only fell further, he had really wanted to catch him. He was a person intent on bettering the world, one criminal at a time. His lips parted as h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter