Chapter 4

Sinful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daehyun watched in awe as his friend danced, somehow hitting non-existing beats in his movements but, remembering that he was in public, he quickly wiped the look from his face and replaced it with his usual bored frown. You may think that, as his best friend, it was Daehyun’s job to encourage the purple haired younger but true best friends weren’t like that. Dae’s job was to shrink his head when his ego got too big (and Jongup did the same for him.) Well... it wouldn’t hurt him to show a little support, would it? Daehyun fell out of his musings just in time to catch Jongup bite his lip as he winked at one of his most devoted fans.

Nope.

it.

Dae would continue to be a hater.

Maybe he’d be less bitter if the younger hadn’t stolen his doughnut earlier. And he had the cheek to smile at me while he gulped it down with that big ugly mouth of his. 

 

But Daehyun’s bitterness couldn’t stay for long when he watched Jongup doing what he loved. Nothing could make Jongup as carefree as when he was dancing and Daehyun enjoyed witnessing his happiness, especially when he remembered how hard the younger had fought for it.

The moment the performance ended, Daehyun was swept up in giving his friend the applause he deserved along with the rest of the audience. As a result of the extra time he spent clapping before bounding over to the centre, someone else was able to reach the dancer first.

“Hyung! Wow, that performance was amazing, you get better every time I see you. I don’t even know how that’s possible because you’re already brilliant!” Junhong gushed as soon as he got within earshot of his idol.

Jongup chuckled in response, “Thank you, thank you, adoring fan.” He exaggeratedly bowed at Junhong and Daehyun couldn’t help but roll his eyes.

Does he even notice that I’m here?

“Ah,” Junhong giggled. Like, he actually giggled. Like a female lead in a chaebol drama with Lee Min Ho. “I’d really love to learn from you someday!” he beamed with a smile so pure the air was tinted pink as flower petals floated around him. Daehyun had to resist the urge to gag.

He noticed Jongup getting flustered and involuntarily let out a scoff before deciding that it was time to end this fan meeting. He threw his arm around his best friend before smiling at Junhong. “Hey man, how’ve you been?”

The youngest smiled back, “Good, I’m glad we were able to sort that whole mess out. I don’t have anything on today, do you guys want to hang out?” He suggested shyly.

“Of course!”

Jongup turned his head to Daehyun with slightly wide eyes. He had been picking up a little animosity earlier but perhaps it was all in his head. He shrugged. “I’d love to hang out with you but first… I want to see you dance.”

“Oh, he dances too?”

“Well, he said he wants to learn from me so I assumed…”

Two pairs of eyes swirled towards Junhong, startling him.

“Ah yeah, I’m actually a student at TS Academy.”

“Woah, no way!”

“You go to TS?!”

TS Academy was notoriously hard to get into, with the prestigious board of directors only selecting the best of the best.

“We have to see you dance now.”

“Have to.” Jongup emphasised. There was no question about it.

“…R-Right now? Here?” Junhong stammered, bashfully turning his face away. He wasn’t usually one to get nervous when it came to dancing but in front of his idol, who he’d been admiring for years, was a different thing.

“Yeah dude! I’m excited.”

“Well… okay.”

Both Jongup and Daehyun immediately started cheering in support as he set up the speakers, attracting the attention of a few people who were still lingering after Jongup’s performance.

The moment Junhong looked up again, his eyes had changed. The high-pitched opening of Ailee’s Home sounded from the speakers as Junhong stepped forwards, somehow showing his swag, aggressiveness and softness in every move he made. The younger finished with a smouldering gaze before bowing to the applause of the small crowd that had gathered.

“Woah,” Daehyun exclaimed, “Jongup watch out, he’s trying to take your pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter