Chapter 5

Sinful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is this really necessary?” Daehyun smiled, holding up his wrists to draw attention to the silver bands wrapped tight around his hands, making movement very awkward.

“Yes,” was Youngjae’s curt reply. “Now shut up whilst I look for the correct time.” He hushed as he clicked the forward arrow on the CCTV.

The noise of the precinct played in the background as the pair leaned in closer to the screen displaying black and white footage of a Seoul sidewalk. A door opened, momentarily lightening the structures on screen, and about six silhouettes spilled out from the rectangle. They stumbled about, obviously drunk. There was no sound, but yelling was clearly going on. One of the men lunged at the other and before long, a full out brawl worthy of being featured in WWE had broken out.

Youngjae turned to Daehyun. The latter was leaning back in his seat with one legged crossed over and the smuggest expression on his face.

“Oh, and what’s that?” he exclaimed, pointing at the screen. Jae turned his head just in time to see a hooded figure (Daehyun) being dragged into the alley, and flushed even more. “An innocent bystander who just wanted to do a good deed.”

Daehyun held up his wrists again, shaking them to make the chains jingle for emphasis. “Thank you, officer Yoo.” He smiled, like a student who had just proven a teacher wrong, whilst the handcuffs were removed. He breathed, rubbing his wrists to get the circulation going again, all the while Youngjae was struggling to look him in the eye.

“Well,” he yawned with a stretch, “this has been fun and all but I want to catch some zzz’s.” He stood up.

“Could you try and stay out of trouble please?” Youngjae lectured as he walked the silver haired man to the door.

“Nope, if it means I get to see you again.” He winked, chuckling to himself with satisfaction as the police officer flushed a deep red.

He liked this Officer Yoo.

 

 

Youngjae clicked his tongue angrily. Why does he keep popping up? Daehyun always happened to be wherever Youngjae was assigned and Youngjae just couldn’t make sense of it. What? Was he some kind of stalker? Furthermore, what did he mean ‘nope, if it means I get to see you again’, Jae mimicked in his best Busan accent. How dare he flirt with him! He was an officer of the law, Daehyun should show more respect. “Aish,” he yelled, ruffling his brown hair in frustration.

Youngjae was at home, his warm box-sized apartment welcoming the slew of confused thoughts spewing from his mind. The kettl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter