Chapter 9: Weirdos

Saving you saved me
Please log in to read the full chapter

Everybody was looking at him. Baekhyun felt conscious of himself all of the sudden, with bandages over his wrist and a big gauze on his head, He prayed to the gods for the earth to swallow him.

 

 

But he wasn’t quite sure if the students were looking at him cause of his injuries or the fact that Park Chanyeol was standing in front of his desk, carrying his bag along with his books.

 

 

He felt his cheeks heating up, when people started to whisper behind him. Girls were batting and fawning for Chanyeol’s attention while the guys were glaring daggers. But all of them were ignored by the giant cause Baekhyun has his full attention.

 

 

“ You didn’t have to walk me to class Chanyeol” Baekhyun mutters, grabbing his books from his hands, setting them on top of his desk.

 

 

“ I wanted to” Chanyeol spoke, mostly shocking the entire class. Baekhyun rolls his eyes at his classmate’s reaction and just motions for Chanyeol to get out.

 

 

But of course being the giant tall tree, his feet were planted in the floor. This makes Baekhyun groan with a smile on his face.

 

Seriously Baekhyun smiles.

 

 

Baekhyun sits on his chair, placing his chin on his hand “ Don’t you have your own class to attend to Park?”

 

 

Chanyeol shrugs and takes a random chair, sitting with his hand on the back of the chair “ Are you that desperate to kick me out?”

 

 

Baekhyun nods “ Yes, very”

 

 

Chanyeol’s eyes flicker in a more playful manner but before he could even say anything A book had been slapped hard on Baekhyun’s desk making the two jump in surprise.

 

 

It was Kyungsoo. Baekhyun swallows the lump on his throat and took his bestfriend’s aura a more dangerous than before. Kyungsoo eyes him and then his eyes would set on Chanyeol who has a scowl on his face.

 

 

“ You don’t have History Park, what the hell are you doing here and disturbing peace?” Kyungsoo spat.  Baekhyun started to panic and held Kyungsoo’s hand only to shake his head for him to stop cause people were starting to stare.

 

But Kyungsoo didn’t care and harshly withdrew his hand from Baekhyun’s touch. The hurt and confusion was visible on Baekhyun’s face but the hurt and Betrayal was clearly showing on Kyungsoo’s face.

 

 

“ Why do you care? I’m not even here for you Do” Chanyeol bite back.

 

“ Oh?” Kyungsoo tilts his head “ that’s right, you’re here for Baekhyun right? So the dating rumors must be true after all” every word felt like poison to Baekhyun.

 

 

It almost killed him when Kyungsoo turned to his attention, smiling so sweet fully “ Congratulations Baekhyun. Aren’t you the best bestest friend a guy can ever have, Ey? This explains why you were so protective of him. And those years for trying to protect you from him had gone to waste. Hope you two be happy”

 

 

With that, Kyungsoo left the classroom and Baekhyun had rose from his seat and desperately chases after his Bestfriend.




“ Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo! Yah Kyungsoo!” Baekhyun shouted through the crowd. Desperately shoving people out of the way to get closer to his Best Friend. But Kyungsoo just ignored his pleas.

“ Kyungsoo!” finally grabbing the young man’s arm, Baekhyun sighed in relief to be able to catch up, but what he didn’t expect was a scowling face that belonged to his Best friend

“ leave me alone Baekhyun” Kyungsoo said. “ Not now”

“Kyungsoo I can explain ” He pants“ h-he’s just.. please don’t be lik—“

“ Baekhyun you really ing expect me to talk to you after what I heard and see . You are dating Park Chanyeol for Christ sakes, after so many warning I gave you Baek. You really went for it didn’t you? You knew how much I hated him, how I despise him and now I see that you’re his lil angel lover? How the hell do you expect me to react? Like OMG I’m so happy for you! Go ahead and lead yourself to be used and ed! Damn aren’t you a lucky !” Kyungsoo shouts.

“ Kyungsoo I—“

 


“ Him or me Baekhyun”

 

 

Baekhyun was catch off guard. His eyes widen at the sudden choice, vigorously shaking his head, his eyes getting blurry by the second.

 

 

“ I-I ca-can’t. This is nonsense Kyung, there is nothing to ch—“

 

 

“ Him. Or. Me”

 


Baekhyun opens up his mouth only to close it again. Baekhyun’s mind was swirling with thoughts he couldn’t bring out. His heart hammering under his ribcage, his forehead beaded with sweat. And Kyungsoo knew the answer.



“ I’m sorry Baekhyun but I can no longer be friends with someone like you anymore. Goodbye” Kyungsoo utters.

        Kyungsoo was Baekhyun’s first friend, he may not know Baekhyun’s whole but he knows that Kyungsoo will accept him no matter what. He was his bestfriend after all. But all of those thoughts crumbled when Kyungsoo left him there standing.

Kyungsoo hates him.
He lied to Kyungsoo.
He couldn’t answer him.

 

 

He couldn’t bring himself to pick from Kyungsoo’s choices.

 

 

Everything was heavy, his chest was heavy and he couldn’t breathe. Chanyeol was standing right behind him, witnessing those knifelike words to stab his heart. Chanyeol wanted to shield and protect the male in front of him.

 


      Before Baek could choke down a sob he felt arms pulling him to an embrace. Baekhyun can feel the rumble of Chanyeol’s growls threating anyone who dares to look at Baekhyun. As much as he wanted to push the Giant off, he clung on Chanyeol’s shirt pulling him even closer.


Chanyeol wanted to bash that Young boy’s face. Kyungsoo…One of his past had dared to make Baekhyun cry.


Chanyeol’s face softens when he continues to hear Baekhyun’s whimpers and sniffles. He tightens his embrace hoping for the small boy to feel safe in his arms. Protecting him was his job and he wont let anything touch him.

Now things are going to get serious, who ever dare to make Baekhyun cry again will never be seen ever again.  ALIVE

Baekhyun felt a gentle caress on his hair and a soft kiss on his temple. He found himself leaning at the gentle actions. A stream of tears falling down. Baekhyun had lost his bestfriend.



---

 

 

 

Chanyeol took Baekhyun home, but its not like the smaller was complaining and honestly he didn’t care for his academics at the moment. His body completely drained and also his mind.

 

 

Baekhyun just wanted to stay home and sleep it all out. He was drop dead tired of anything.

 

 

But before they could go straight home he had asked Chanyeol for a favor.

 

 

Of course the taller didn’t like the idea but if it was too make his pain ease up, Chanyeol is willing to do anything for him.

 

 

His heart would start fluttering and his heart warming up upon hearing that from Chanyeol and couldn’t ask for anyone to be there for him but Chanyeol.


     Baekhyun was too scared, too ashamed to tell anyone besides Kyungsoo about his situation. He barely knows Chanyeol yet you had warm up to him in a way, a way that seems natural. Like he was meant to act normal with him. Trying to become a perfect student and trying his best at the brothel. But never did he thought that he’d show his true self to a guy he barely knew.


“ I’m sorry Baekhyun” Chanyeol whispered. Baekhyun broke his attention outside the window and looks at him with confusion written on his face.

 

 

“ Why are you apologizing?”

 

“ Cause its my fault you lost a friend..” Chanyeol said his yes on the road. But Baekhyun could feel the change of the tone of his voice. “ You can blame me”

 


Baekhyun couldn’t speak up; he doesn’t know what to say. He couldn’t even bring himself to blame Chanyeol for the lost of friendship he had with Kyungsoo.

 

Honestly he felt confused of everything.

 

But one thing for sure, he was fond of the giant’s presence.

Was it because the stupid giant was forward? Possessive? Passive? Arrogant? Maybe it was all in the above.

And the fact that Park Chanyeol would protect him. Was it even possible? For someone like Park Chanyeol to protect him?




“ We’re here. Let’s go” Chanyeol stated, without looking at him.

Baekhyun’s train of thoughts was interrupted when Chanyeol had stopped the car. He nods, climbing out the passenger seat. He took a deep breath and faced the brothel he once escaped.

 

 It was still the same, the sign, the door and even the big menu where he can see his name in big letters, telling whoever passes by that Baekhyun was the best. But this time a temporary unavailable sign was covering his name. He felt scared again a shiver going down his spine.

 

 

 It was daylight and he know when the sun sets the house would come alive.

He lets out a long sad sigh when something covered his face making him yell in anger. Realizing that Chanyeol had covered him with a hat. And god knows where Chanyeol got that; maybe he had it with him all along but didn’t notice.


“ The faster we take your stuff the better” Chanyeol said while grabbing ahold of Baekhyun’s delicate hand.

Feeling the softness of Baekhyun’s Fingers made Chanyeol smile from the inside. When Chanyeol led the way he had spotted a ginger haired figure that was now managing the front desk.
 

In the sound of the bell, “ Welcome to the Bar of Lost Dre—is that Honey Baby?” the Stranger said. Chanyeol raised a brow to look at Baekhyun and only to see a smile igniting from Baekhy

Please log in to read the full chapter