Chapter 14: Will he stay?

Saving you saved me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 


Chanyeol woke up with an empty space beside him. Quickly pushing off the comforter he began rubbing his eyes. Chanyeol usually would wake up from Baekhyun’s morning whimpers but now he didn’t. He checks the clock beside his head, and it was too early for them to even get up. Chanyeol squints his eyes in the dark, and sees the bathroom door ajar.

He stood up immediately, fully awake. Nugget was below his feet looking up to him while wagging his tail. The small animal looked so innocent and mildly it ticked him off. He waved tat the ball of fluff and decided to peek inside the slightly opened door.

He discovers Baekhyun quietly sobbing, his whole body leaning on the toilet bowl. Chanyeol felt his heart beating twice faster, his whole body frozen at the sight. But as soon as Baekhyun buries his face entirely in his hands Chanyeol didn’t hesitate to let himself in.

Nugget jumped inside, catching Baekhyun’s attention. The small man whipped his head back, frightened to see that the giant had caught him. “Ch—“

“What’s wrong?” The giant rushes to his side, crouching in front of the crying male. Baekhyun sobbed even more as Chanyeol’s huge hands cupped his face, gently wiping the tears off his face with his thumbs. Baekhyun with a heavy heart ignored the voices in his head and had lunged himself into Chanyeol’s inviting arms.

Chanyeol quickly wraps his arms around his waist as Baekhyun’s arms started tightening around the giant's neck. The giant didn’t have any clue for the sudden breakdown. Seeing Baekhyun like this made Chanyeol wonder.

Their puppy only sat on the cold tiles watching the two of them, Chanyeol galnces at the animal and gave it a sigh, With ease he started picking the sobbing male, letting the latter wrap his thin legs around his waist. Chanyeol held him tight as he carries him back to their shared bed.

“Angel what’s wrong?” Chanyeol whispered, laying him down gently on the comfort of his sheets. Baekhyun shook his head, burying his face on his neck, pulling the giant closer. Baekhyun was still crying but not as bad as before when he found him. Chanyeol pulled away slightly, running a hand over Baekhyun’s bangs to soothe it over. “Baek, why're you crying?”

Baekhyun looked pained, debating to whether tell him or not.  

“D-do you really like me?”

Chanyeol furrowed his brows together. “Didn’t I made myself clear from the start?”

“Bu—I just…”

“Byun Baek, what’s on your mind right now?”

“N-nothing”

Chanyeol frowned even harder, “You have been acting weird since you came home alone and sick. If there is something bothering you, I need to know. I want to know”

Baekhyun felt troubled and confused. He doesn’t know what to do or to think anymore. He wants Chanyeol to stop, everything is nothing but a lie to keep Baekhyun guarded in his house.

He wants to stop this.

Baekhyun wants to..

“Baek..?” But he cant, he cant because he wants this… Baekhyun wants to be beside Chanyeol.

The burning image of his ex bestfriend kissing Chanyeol left a bitter taste in his mouth. Baekhyun slotted their lips together, surprising the giant in the process. But he only held tighter, a set of fresh tears rolling down his eyes. Chanyeol felt it, the hesitation and the uncertainty. He feels how Baekhyun’s lips trembled, and he knew that something was really wrong.

Baekhyun slowly pulled away, But Chanyeol lets out a low growl, pulling him back in.

their lips met again and Baekhyun melts. “I like you so much Baekhyun, you have no idea..” he whispers in the kiss, looking straight into his glassy eyes. Baekhyun was fazed but only nodded, their breathes mixing with one another. “You’re my light, I found you and I’m not letting you go”

Baekhyun closes his eyes, nodding stiffly. He can feel another wave of tears coming but he held it all in, his hands gripping tightly on the giant’s shirt. “Don’t let me go okay?” Baekhyun mutter, ducking his face down.

Chanyeol pulls him in closer, tucking the latter’s head under his chin, putting an arm around his petite waist and the other hand under his head. “I will never”


And that was enough for them to go back to sleep





----





Baekhyun woke up and this time with the sun up. The light peeking thru the curtains, its soft light landing on his eyes. He pushes himself up, gaining a small animal’s attention. Baekhyun lets out a yelp when Nugget jumped in to attack him.

Somehow he felt a tad bit lighter than yesterday. Baekhyun could still remember the events happened, slowly the doubt and pain started to fall. He trust Chanyeol, and in fact he came into a conclusion that Chanyeol is someone that Baekhyun needed.

He slowly slipped out of the covers, carrying Nugget in his arms. But before he could step out of the bedroom, the room opens up coming face to face with a certain giant.

Chanyeol perks up a smile, leaning down to plant a kiss on his forehead “Did you sleep well?”

Baekhyun nods, his face flushing. He couldn’t help his fingers tighten around his puppy’s fur. He could smell the faint vanilla on Chanyeol’s skin, making it hard for him not to lean in to inhale more.

“What time is it?” Baehyun whispers, lifting his eyes to meet Chanyeol’s.

“Seven… it’s still early for us to get ready for school” Chanyeol hums, collecting him in his arms. “Or if you want, we can skip today and stay in bed all day. We could go to the movies later”

Baekhyun closes his eyes, placing his chin on the latter’s shoulder. A smile present on his face and a warm feeling spreading thru this veins “That sounds nice, but education is a very important thing”

“Fine but in one condition” Chanyeol grins, taking the small animal from Baekhyun and putting Nugget down on the floor. Baekhyun quirks a brow, glancing at Nugget who is watching them with curious eyes.

“And that is what Park?”

Chanyeol folds his arms together “Let me walk you to class—”

“But you—“

“While your holding hand” He finished, getting a flush

Please log in to read the full chapter