Chapter 10: Underland

Saving you saved me
Please log in to read the full chapter

“ Damn Chanyeol, you gotta bring him tonight” Jongdae stated making the giant tense up.

 

 

    Baekhyun frowned his eyes shifting next to the giant. He hears Lay hyung laughs as he continues dressing Baekhyun’s cheek with a gauze. Jongdae was sitting across them with his arms crossed. Baekhyun chuckles and glanced at their Maknae sitting in front of the TV playing Xbox. 


 

“ Yah Jungkook, you’re going to ruin your eyes” Baekhyun warns the Maknae.

 

“ Okay hyung” Jungkook says scooting back just a lil. Baekhyun could only roll his eyes on the latter’s childish behavior, but secretly it made Baekhyun happy.  

 

 

Chanyeol lets out a scoff, draping an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder “ I’ll never bring him there.” Chanyeol pointed

 

 

“ And why ?” Jongdae smiles

 

“ … Just” Chanyeol starts, feeling his frantic heart beating. “ I don’t want him to get mixed up okay?”  

 

 

Jungkook muffles a laugh his eyes glued to the TV with a controller in his hands “ I can call a cleaner beforehand in case someone dies in your hands Uncle ”
 

Baekhyun ignores the swarming thoughts upon hearing Jungkook’s words “ Why are you still keeping me from that place Chanyeol? You know I’m not afraid anymore. I don’t mind you working out in a very creepy place”

 

Chanyeol wanted to struggle himself. This was one of his fears, Baekhyun finding out what he does for a living. He was proud of himself but with now that he has Baekhyun, he wasn’t feeling that way anymore. He was in fear, that when Baekhyun finds out, the latter would leave him.

 

 

 

 

Lay pauses, glancing at Jongdae with a confused look, his eyes drifting back at Baekhyun “ Wait, you think that Chanyeol is— oh my dear lord. Chanyeol you didn’t give him the details?“

 

 

“ Details on what?” Baekhyun asks.

 

 

“ Uncle why so secretive? No wonder hyung got curious at your background” Jungkook says without looking at them. Chanyeol only stayed quiet, his head starting to throb.

 


“ Aw I think you’re over reacting Yeol, and besides. Judging by your BOYFRIEND’s expression I bet you haven’t explained a single thing we are talking about. Are you guys really even dating? Or are you just afraid that your Boyfriend will leave you after finding out the truth?” Jongdae crossed his arms. Waiting for an answer.

Chanyeol glares, growling thru his gritted teeth “ Shut up Jongdae… I swear. I will not let him get mixed up with what we are doing”
 

Jongdae sighs, “look Yeol, If you want your relationship to happen, you need to be honest with him. You can’t keep your secret forever and I know that it won’t refrain Baekhyun from finding out. Don’t let the day when his curiosity blooms again. So what if he finds out? So what Yeol? If Baekhyun really likes you then he would accept you. But the fact that you’re not telling him anything is unfair on his part. I know you have issues but wouldn’t it be nice if you share the burden with him? Look at him for s sake!”

 

And Chanyeol did, he looks at Baekhyun with gentle eyes. Baekhyun frowns bring a hand over his cheek, caressing the giant’s face. “ Yeol..?”

 

 

“ I-I cant.” Chanyeol chokes leaning into the touch “ I’m afraid”

 


And it just made Baekhyun frown even deeper. “ What are you guys talking about?”
 

 

“ Chanyeol, he needs to know” Jongdae spoke again.

 

Baekhyun sighs “ Park, whatever you do. I’m okay with it. Please. Tell me”
 

 

Chanyeol sighs in defeat. “ I care for you Byun, I really do…”

 

“ I know Idiot”

 

 

Lay’s eyes softened at the two. His eyes fixed on Chanyeol’s face; he knows that the idea of Baekhyun finally knowing him was scaring Chanyeol, like he clearly understand Chanyeol. Lay would be in the same situation as him to be honest. The tension was there.

 


 

“ But before that “ Lay interrupted “why not we order some dumplings first? Then we could explain the thorough details on him, “ Lay suggested making them all look at him including Jungkook. Lay laughs, standing up and heads to the kitchen. “ I’m going to call then”

 

 

All of them cheered, agreeing with no hesitation but one person wasn’t happy. Chanyeol could see that Baekhyun was still pouting and this gave him an idea.

 

Gently nudging Baekhyun with a smile “ Hey”

 

Baekhyun shots him with a glare “ What”

 

And in one fast move, he pecks the latter’s lips.

 

 

“ Stop sulking” he should be the one sulking not Baekhyun.

 

 Baekhyun couldn’t help it. But he can’t ignore that he was also blushing cause of the giant’s action. He sighs nodding at his Giant, leaning down to rest his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder “ Fine but you have a lot of explaining to do Tree, or else I’m marching myself out of here”

 

 

Chanyeol chuckles, nuzzling Baekhyun’s hair “ Like I’ll even let you”

 

“ Hate you” Baekhyun mumbles, smiling.

 

 

Jongdae who witnessed everything was smiling like crazy. It was indeed a nice sight to see. He actually couldn’t believe that his Chanyeol the unbreakable Yeol. He watches as Chanyeol started whispering on Baekhyun’s ear, which made him giggle.

 

Lay returned with a big smile on his face “ The food will be here in less than 15 mins.” 

 

 

 

 

 

       With their Chinese all placed in Chanyeol’s coffee table, they all cheered grabbing their own noodles along with their shrimp pork dumplings. Jungkook had paused his game to seat beside Chanyeol while Jongdae sat on the floor with Lay beside him.

 

 

Baekhyun was about to shove a dumpling in his already stuffed cheeks when Jongdae spoke.

 

 

“ Baekhyun, Listen.” No. too late, Baekhyun had already shoved the sinful dumpling inside his mouth making his cheeks bloated even more. He stops when everybody was looking at him. He smiles, chewing his food slowly, nodding at Jongdae to continue.

 

 

Jongdae had a faint blush on his cheeks and cleared his throat. “ Like I was saying, seriously at first I was against of what ever you two had “ He stated using his chopstick to point at him and Chanyeol. Chanyeol had stopped eating and shot Jongdae a hardened face. “ But, as I can see. Having you is not that bad, like he only listens to you and that’s good for us. And I want to ask a favor”

 

 

Baekhyun blinks still chewing

 

 

“ That whatever is said in this conversation is only between the five of us.”

 

 

Baekhyun nods

 

 

“ And no matter what, promise us that your reaction to this would be positive and not negative”

 

 

“ …Okay” Baekhyun says after swallowing.

 

 

Everyone had their eyes fixed on Baekhyun’s face. “ Chanyeol is an underground fighter from the Black district of Underland”

 

 

They all watched as Baekhyun’s face slowly morphed. 

 



“ Oh my God”
 


“ It’s not that bad Byun” Chanyeol says.

“ Oh my God”

“ I think your overreacting about this situation. At least I’m capable of protecting you, and besides people from school doesn’t know about this ”

“ Oh My God”
 

 

Jungkook spoke “ I think he didn’t expect this…”

 

Lay nods “ of course. It seems unrealistic but hey, everything is possible”
 

 

“ Oh my god!” Baekhyun screams his face in a state of shock. Chanyeol in instinct grabbed Baekhyun’s chopstick and food just incase the smaller doesn’t go crazy about this. 

 

“ Byun calm. I know you’re going crazy. Just inhale thru the nose and exhale thru the mouth, yeah?”

“ Oh My God!!!”

“ By—Oh ! Release that plastic knife! No put that down!”


Baekhyun was scared he honestly didn’t expect this. Clearly he needed time to cope this. His head turned locking eyes with Chanyeol’s. Baekhyun likes Chanyeol.  Of course he does, it wasn’t hard not to like a dorky, tall, arrogant tree.

“ It’s illegal! YOU'RE ILLEGAL! Oh My God! You’re going to jail when they find out! I’m going to jail! I’m going to rot in jail! Live out of inedible scraps of molded bread and stinking soup made out of socks and sweat! I—“


“Byun…” Chanyeol frowns, squirming in his seat, clearly getting uncomfy. Jungkook felt this and had his brows up. Was his uncle really bothered whether Baekhyun would accept him or not?

 

After Chanyeol successfully got the knife out of Baekhyun’s grasp, he wrapped his arms around the older male thinking of calming him down.
 

Chanyeol was getting worried… he knew that his pup would react like this and even might get scared of him, he was planning on telling him maybe when they get really closer. But Jongdae had to ruin it.


Baekhyun was beyond shock; he was trembling with fear with confusion. Then it hit him, no wonder Sehun and Luhan Hyung acted that way earlier. No wonder Sehun just agreed by selling him to Chanyeol, he knew that Chanyeol was dangerous. He was a fool.


Baekhyun was getting frantic, his breathing going hard and his hands, ruffling his hair. Trying to grasp the reality. Chanyeol felt his heart sinking.

 

 

He’ll hate you

 

No he won’t

 

You’ll just drag him down

 

No..

 

Face it, you’re a monster.

 

 

I..

 

 

Baekhyun wont accept you, now that he knows

 

 Chanyeol stood up. Causing the latter to flinch. And this is where his heart reached rock bottom. Clearly Baekhyun was now afraid of him.

 

 

“ You…” Chanyeol choked. “ … I wont blame you if you want to leave.”

 

 

“ W-What?—”

 

Chanyeol didn’t let him continue. He headed to his bedroom in a record of 10 seconds. Leaving a shocked Baekhyun, a confused Jungkook, a gaping Jongdae and a hungry Lay.

 

 

Baekhyun’s heart was racing when Chanyeol left. He couldn’t erase a certain expression that Chanyeol held when they looked at each other. He didn’t hesitate for a minute when he gracefully followed the giant to his bedroom leaving the three to finish their food.

 

 

Lay and Jungkook turned their heads at Jongdae who felt lil by their look. “ What? What did I do?”

 

 

“ Hyung, Jongdae nim is the most insensitive human being that ever walk the planet” Jungkook says, while eating a dumpling. Lay nods in agreement.

 

“ What did I do?” Jongdae presses again.

 

 

Lay pointed “ oblivious, that’s what”



----

 

Baekhyun opens the door, when he had stepped inside he spotted Chanyeol at the edge of the bed with his face covered with both hands. His heart ached seeing Chanyeol vulnerable.

 

 

“ Yeol” he softly spoke making Chanyeol snap his head at him. It broke him even more when he saw fear on the giant’s eyes. Baekhyun didn’t hesitate to take a few steps closer to the giant. He sat on the edge right next to him and placed a hand over his board shoulder making Chanyeol flinch. “ Yeol…”

 

 

“ Why are you still here?” The giant spoke, his voice cold like before. “ Y-You. I-I—“

 

“ … Hey” Baekhyun cups his face with both his hands. “ I’m right here, I-I’m right here Chanyeol.”

 

The giant shook his head making Baekhyun even more affected. “ Maybe it was a bad idea telling you, I know you’re scared of me now Baek. I can feel it, I can see it in your eyes. I’m not stupid. This is a waste of time. I shouldn’t have taken interest in you. I didn’t plan for any of this to even happen. I just wanted you safe and that’s all. I—“

 

 

In annoyance Baekhyun had to smack him behind the head “ Yes its true. I’m scared. I’m scared of you now.” he started looking at Chanyeol in the eyes “ But I’m not going anywhere Yeol. It will be hard to cope this in but I am willing to stay and be with you regardless of what you do”

 

 

“ Bu-But I’m ille—“

 

“ So? I’m illegal too you know… “ Baekhyun softly says, scooting close to his Giant. Burying his face on Chanyeol’s neck. “ I’m a e. You’re an underground fighter. You accepted me no matter what my status says. And I will do the same”

 

 

“ Baek…” He felt the giant relax “ You are no longer a—“

 

“ Yeol, I still am. You just rented me…” Baekhyun spoke. “ But until my time ends I will be right here for you. I will stay”

 

 

“ I wont let you go back there” Chanyeol growls, pulling away looking at Baekhyun with a stern face.

 

 

Baekhyun bit his bottom lips, it was sad but it was indeed reality. He took the giants hands, kissing it tenderly nodding at the Giant’s sincere words. But it was easier said than done, destroying a contact with Oh Sehun wasn’t easy. It required big mone

Please log in to read the full chapter