6b. Jihoon's POV (PT. 2)

SIMPLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"02/07/2021

Still no sign of Yena at school. The others just finished their transfer to our school for future convenience. Soonyoung and Seungcheol hyung returned home with the others yesterday. I asked them why were they called but they just smiled at me and said that it doesn't concern the vocal unit. So I was like, I am part of the group and I'm the one producing their music so there's no way it won't bother me. Seriously, Seungcheol hyung could have made a better excuse.

-----

02/08/2021

The next day, I did not stop asking them about the problem at the company. I deserve to know what's happening.

"Hyung? About the company.." I started.

"Jihoonie, like I said. You don't have to think about it, Soonyoung and I have fixed it already." Seungcheol hyung said.

"But hyung,"

"You've been given a big responsibility Jihoon. You have songs to finish, just leave everything to us. If we can't do it, then we'll ask for your help." He smiled.

"Hyung's right. Just focus on what you're doing and we, the responsible leaders should fix it." Soonyoung said as he threw his arms to Seungcheol hyung's shoulder.

"It's finished already, Soonyoung." Seungcheol hyung giggled.

-----

02/09/2021

Dance training. Voice training. Stuck in the studio trying to finish the new song.

02/10/2021

Dance training. Voice training. Stuck in the studio trying to finish the new song.

02/11/2021 || 6:00AM

"Jihoon wake up," A voice said as it kept on shaking me.

"5 more minutes," I groaned as I buried my face under my blanket. I heard a sigh from the person that's waking me up.

"Seungkwan, do your job." He said.

"Okay," the room became silent. "OH LADIEEEEES~ THIS IS YOUR STORY~!!!" Seungkwan sang as he pulled my blanket away.

"So noisy!" I groaned, once again as I buried my face on my pillow.

Seungkwan tickled me but I brushed his hands away, still burying my face on my pillow. "IJE WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP~!" He continued singing as he forcefully took my pillow.

"SHUT UP, SEUNGKWAN." I said, trying to reach the blanket using my left foot.

"WAKE UP WAKE UP!" He continued. I sat up and looked at him with eyebrows meeting.

"I'M AWAKE SO SHUT UP." I groaned. Eyes still half closed. Seriously, Seungkwan's s annoying.

"What time did you return home, Jihoon?" Seungcheol hyung asked.

"around 4:30AM," I said as I adjust my eyesight to Seungcheol hyung. I finished my new song entitled 'ADORE U'. I've been lacking sleep since Yena stopped going to school. I'm so stressed right now and tired as well. I want to take a day off but there's a chance that Yena will go to school today.

Seungcheol hyung sighed. "Just stay at home and sleep. We can't have you falling asleep on your class." He said, fixing my bed hair.

"He's right, Jihoon." Jeonghan hyung said.

"I don't want to," I said. "Yena might attend school today." I said, sighing. She's been absent for five days and I haven't heard any news about her. I'm getting worried but the hyungs said to just focus on our training and Yena will come to school soon.

"Your bags are getting bigger, Jihoon." Jisoo hyung said as he pointed the bags under my eyes.

"It's the product of my hard work hyung. It's my asset." I chuckled. "Now, I'll go and prepare myself to school." I said standing up.

"No use, Seungcheol." Jisoo hyung sighed. "He's fallen so deep." I heard hyung say and I can feel my cheeks getting hot.

"I'M NOT!" I said as I ran to the bathroom with a towel on my hand and slammed the door.

"OH YOU DID!" It was Seungcheol hyung and everyone laughed. I bit my lower lip as I looked at the mirror and can still feel my cheeks burning.

"Did I really?" I asked myself. I heaved a heavy sigh and prepare myself to school. 

-----

7:00AM

Seungkwan, Seokmin and Chan went to school first. I don't know the reason but they went ahead of us. As we were walking to school they were talking about somethng really random that I didn't even have to know what it is. I just played with my phone, trying to come up with a new tune and then asked Seungcheol for suggestions.

"You guys, stop making fun of our maknae." I heard Jeonghan hyung said. I'm sure that they are not making fun of Vernon since he's the only maknae around. Vernon's actually making fun of Jisoo hyung so who the one Jeonghan hyung referring to? I looked up to see a very familiar figure that I haven't seen for almost a week. My eyes grew big at the figure I'm looking at. I started to get nervous. Yena's looking my way, I searched for her eyes and locked it. Yena looked away and I felt a little sting in my heart.

"YENAAAAA!" Seungcheol hyung and Soonyoung immediately run towards where Yena is. I felt dumbfounded but still continued walking towards to where she is. As I get closer I can see Yena's face clearly with a bandage and her left eye is covered with a purple bruise. I want to ask her but I don't want to spoil the mood.

"G-guys, let's refrain from skinships. My body is still sore." She said, eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh right." They broke the hug. "Sorry." 

"Y-Yena," I mumbled as I bit my lower lip. "I..I-"

"Come here, Jihoonie." She gave me a small smile and slowly stretched her arms out. I hesitated for a bit. "Slowly, please and not too tight..." she added. I gave her a smile. A genuine smile and hugged her as instructed. Not too tight but not to lose.

"I missed you, Yena." I whispered as I buried my face on her shoulder. She smells so good. I've missed her so much.

"I'm sorry," She buried her face on my shoulder as well. She hugged me more tightly that I can feel my cheeks getting hot. I felt like I'm the happiest person alive right now. "I won't do it again. I promise." She gently said. I can feel her sincerity.

"I won't let you." I softly said. I won't make the same mistake twice. There's no way I'm letting this happen again. I've been longing for her, our friendship, even just for a week. That's how imprtant she is to me. I can't afford to lose her without a fight.

"GROUP HUG!" Mingyu shouted. The others surrounded us as they squeezed me and Yena in the middle.

"GUYS! NOT TOO TIGHT!!!" She shouted as she tried to break free from the hug. Everyone dispersed immediately and laughed at the scene. I hate them. Yena's hug loosened T.T

"TAKE TWO! GROUP HUG!" Mingyu shouted, again. Yena immediately hugged me again as she try to lessen the impact of everyone's hug. "BUT NOT TOO TIGHT!" He added and started to group hug us again. This time it's not tight hug but a normal one. Yena laughed and so did I.

"What happened to your face?" I asked, curiously. I don't want to spoil the mood but she looks like she's in pain. I felt Yena jumped a little from my question and struggled to break free from the hug but broke free, anyway.

"M-m-my face!?" She asked, blurting out. The others broke free also. Her eyes widen in surprise and released a somewhat nervous laugh. "O-o-oh this?" She asked as she pointed her own face. She smiled at me. I think that's forced given that she's really surprised right now. She looked at Seungcheol hyung that made my eyebrows met. I looked at Seungcheol hyung who's shaking his head from left to right.

"So?" I asked. She bit her lower lip, her eyesbrows met once again. She's acting like she's hiding something from me.

"W-w-well, you know," she started while stuttering. Why would she stutter? If she's not hiding something from me then she won't stutter. "I-I-I tripped!" She didn't met eyes with me. "Th-that's right, I tripped." She repeated. This time her voice sounded convinced. She looked at Seungcheol hyung again.

"Ahahahaha, Jihoonie, you know how clumsy girls are."Seungcheol hyung chuckled. NERVOUSLY. God, he is so obvious. They are seriously hiding something from me. Yena and Seungcheol hyung.

"Th-that's right! You know me," She said. These two really? Am I that stupid to them?

"No. You tripped and your whole body is in pain, you've got that purple bruise on your left eye and you even got a bandage on the corner of your lips. Can you explain to me how did you tripped?" I asked, sarcastically as I gave her a stern look. She avoided eye contact with me. I've cornered them. I crossed m arms and faced Seungcheol hyung with a serious expression.

"Are you guys keeping something from me?" I asked. I know I sounded serious. And hell they hate me getting serious. They know I hate it if they keep something from me. I hate secrets expecially if it has something to do with me. Seungcheol hyung didn't answer me. I gave my attention back to Yena who is now playing with her fingers. "Fine. I'll find it out myself." I sighed in disappointment. I left them dumbfounded as I look for clues.

I didn't attend my morning class as I still continue to look for clues. I even went to the principal's ofice to ask why did Yena took a 1 week leave from school. But the principal didn't gave me the reason. They said it's something personal. I respected it and left the office. But I had a feeling, yes, a feeling that it has something to do with me.

"Hey, Yena returned to school today. Have you seen her?" I overheard a student talking. I decided to listen more.

"I saw her with Jihoon and the others again. Man, she took a beating." -Student 2

"She didn't learn. She still hangs out with those guys." -Student 3. I secretly clenched my fist and walked to them.

"I'm sorry to interupt but can you explain to me what you're talking about?" I asked forcing a smile. I know it's written on my face how pissed I am. Are they saying that Yena shouldn't hang out with us?

"J-Jihoon..." Student 1 said quietly. I can see the surprise look on their faces.

"Well?" I said, waiting for their answer. "What do you mean by 'she took a beating' please explain to me in detail."

"Jihoon, w-we--" I smiled again while clenching my teeth.

"I don't have the whole day to wait for your answer, people. Can you just please tell me what you know?" I said, punching the table beside me. I'm getting pissed off. I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter