2. Fate

SIMPLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01/04/2021 || 7:00AM

“Honey, let’s go. I’ll drop you off at school.” My dad called from downstairs.

“Yes, dad. I’m coming!” I said as I grabbed my things from my bed and ran downstairs. Today’s my first day in Pledis Arts High. It’s a music school and my new school. This place is heaven for people whose passion is music.

“Don’t make trouble, sweetie.” Mom said and kissed me on the forehead.

“I won’t. See you later.” I smiled at her and kissed her left cheek. Father did the same and started the engine car.

“Take care!” Mom smiled.

“I’ll be home before dinner.” Dad said and drove off with me.

“Yena, aren’t you too early for your first subject?” Dad said as he looked at the clock.

“It’s my first day, dad. I don’t want to be late.” I smiled. “I wanted to have a good first impression to everyone in my class.” I giggled. Since this is my first time transferring, I want to be able to make a new me and make lots of friends.

“But it’s just 7AM and your class starts at 9. Just what kind of first impression do you want? Where will you stay after I dropped you off? And what class are you in at 9 in the morning?” father asked.

“Dad, you don’t have to worry. That is a music school, remember? All I have to do, is find a music room and make a new song right? And besides” I fished my schedule out inside my bag. “my first class is” I searched for the 9AM class. Then I noticed something above the 9AM class, it wrote ‘7:15AM’ my eyes grew in surprise. “D-dad…” I spoke.

“Why? What’s wrong?” He asked as he looked at me and then turned to the road again.

“D-dad… f-faster! I’m late for my first class!!!” I half shouted in panic. There’s no way! I looked at it wrong! No! “Dad, please!” I begged as I double checked my schedule.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

“I-I’m late! My class starts at 7:15!” I looked at him in panic. I’m so stupid. How can I make mistake at a time like this.

“Yena!” my father called. “I can’t believe you!” He said as he drove faster. “You better apologize to your teacher for being late!” He scolded me. I know, I know. I’m so stupid!

“Dad!” I cried. “are you saying I’m gonna be late?!”

“You are!” He half-shouted.

“Dad!!!!” I cried. There’s nothing I can do about being late, I can’t tell dad to drive faster. “just—“

“Don’t talk! Just think of a way how will you apologize for being late!” He said, trying not to laugh.

“Dad! How can you laugh at me!?” I looked at him in amazement. I just love him. Instead of scolding me, he’s making fun of me. He’s cool, right?

“Down! Faster! Run like the speed of light! I’ll see you at home! Be careful going home!” He said not letting me say anything. He parked the car in front of the school gate and pushed me out. “Don’t space out! Faster, you slowpoke!” He said. I can’t help but to laugh. Yes, I’m late.

“You too, dad!” I said and dashed off.

I ran as fast as I could to find my room. “Studio 1, studio 1” I repeated to myself as I tried to find the room I’m supposed to be in. There’s no time to breathe.

“Excuse me, do you know where I can find studio 1?” I asked the guy with a mixture of blonde and brown hair.

“Ah, are you new here?” he asked.

“Yeah, and I’m late for my first class. Do you know where it is?” I asked, again.

“You’re a second year, aren’t you? I’m Seungcheol, by the way.” He introduced his self. What is wrong with this guy? I know I said that I’m late.

“Y-yes, I am! Can we do this later? I need to get to my class first.” I said in desperate but didn’t told him my name. Who knows I might get interviewed here knowing I am late for my first class.

“Ah sure. Second floor, then turn to your right. The first room is the studio 1.” He said with a smile.

“Oh thank you so much!” I said as I ran off.

“You didn’t tell me your name! But, that’s okay! Don’t forget what you said earlier! I’ll come and find you!” He shouted. Is he serious? I shrugged the thought off and ran as fast as I could. I stopped in front of a big glass door with a black curtain hanging on it. I’m scared to enter, I can’t see what’s inside because of the black curtain. I can hear people talking inside. I inhaled and exhaled as I gathered the courage to open the door.

I slowly opened the door as I hang my head low. “Are you the new student?” the teacher asked. I can feel that a lot of eyes are staring at me.

I nodded and bowed without looking up. I’m scared. “S-sorry for being late. I can’t find the room and—“ the teacher cut me off.

“You made use of your 15 minutes grace period on your first day.” The teacher laughed. “I’ll let this slide but be sure to come on time next meeting.” The teacher said. “Please have a seat on the floor.” He said as I made my way to where the other students were. There’s someone in front with the teacher. He’s got pink hair.

“Well then, let’s start the class with Jihoon performing his new song.” Everyone clapped as I follow along. He grabbed his guitar and started strumming.

"Do you still think of me as the person before?  In your small eyes, I’m probably still a kid This isn’t the first time so what can I do? I can’t get over how you laugh in front of me I can’t just stay still~"

The melody sounds unique and I find it really soothing as the person named Jihoon started singing. The students started to sway their head from left to right as they listen to his singing and perfect strumming.

After his performance everyone clapped on how good he played. I’m also amazed by how good he is at his age. I can’t believe that I’m in the same class as someone as good as him. I started to worry. What if everyone is as good as him? I’m definitely an outcast. How can I write songs like that? I looked at him and got surprised when he’s already looking at my way. He smiled.

“Jihoon, what’s the title of your song?” The teacher asked. He looked at the teacher and then back to me and back to the teacher, again.

“I still don’t know. I’m still thinking of a good title for this song.” He smiled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter