1. Encounter

SIMPLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12/14/2020 || 7: 30AM

"Sweetie, hurry up. You can't be late." My mom called from downstairs.

"Ugh," I said under my breathe as I put the brown envelope inside my bag. If father isn't moved to another place then I won't have to change schools. I'm blaming everything to uncle.

"Sweetie! Where are you?" Mom called, again.

"Yes, I'm coming." I run downstairs to see mom with a smile on her face. She is holding a lunch box.

"Look, I know this is too much of a hassle. This is why I made you a lunch." She happily cheered as she handed me the lunch she made personally.

"Mom, why don't you just come with me?" I sighed. "Well, the school is very far and I'm afraid to go home alone." I acted cute. In reality, I just don't want to ride the bus. It's too much of a hassle just like what she said.

"Sweetie, baby, this is the last okay? We'll be moving next week." Mom smiled at me.

"Next week?" She nodded. "I wanted to celebrate my last Christmas here with my friends. And I still didn't tell Minghao that I was leaving." I looked down. I can't gather the courage to tell Minghao, my best friend, that I'm going to leave. I don't want to make him sad.

"Why? I thought he already knew?"

"Well... I tried telling him yesterday, but he was so excited for Christmas. He said he can't wait to celebrate it with us."

"Sweetie, you have to tell him, okay? We don't want him getting mad at you for leaving." Mom gave me a small smile.

"I will." I nodded.

"Okay, sweetie. You have to leave. Take care." She kissed me and waved good bye.

----

The line for the bus is a bit long, but I think I'll arrive on time. I entered the bus with my earphones plugged onto my ears. I sat down at the window side. As I am looking straight at the bus' door, a young man entered with a guitar on his hands. He's about my age. His hair is ponytailed messily but it suits him. I've never seen a guy so beautiful like him. He yawned and looked at me. My eyes grew in surprise when he gave me a small smile and signaled if he can sit beside me. I gave him a small smile and nodded in response.

The travel is a bit slow, the guy sitting beside me is fast asleep. I looked outside the window and remembered what my mom told me. 'Sweetie, you have to tell him, okay?' I bit my lower lip as fear striked me. How will I tell him that I will leave next week? I looked at my phone and stared at Mighao's name. It's now or never. Minghao will understand. I'm sure he will.

I pressed the call button and it rang three times before I heard Minghao's voice.

"What's up?" He said on the other line. The background is a bit noisy.

"Ahm.. Minghao, there's something I want to talk to you about." I said as my voice cracked a bit.

"WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE!? CAN YOU LOWER DOWN A BIT? I'M TALKING TO SOMEONE HERE!" He shouted on the other line. The noise lowered down. "Ah, sorry about that. What were you talking about?" His voice is so gentle.

"Ahm, Minghao... you see.." He cutted me.

"Wait for a minute, Yena. I'll call you later. I'm just going to make these people suffer."

"W-wait,Minghao! D-don't hang--" the line went busy. "up..." I heaved a heavy sigh. How will I tell him?

"Were you not able to confess to him?" The guy sitting beside me chuckled. In surprise, I looked at him. "You know, you shouldn't confess over the phone." He smiled.

"I-I am not going to confess!" My voice  raised a little as I was taken aback by his words. Seriously, mind his own business.

He laughed. "By your words awhile ago, you looked like you wanted to tell him you like him." He said as he looked at me.

"I-Iam not! And besides, do you know it's rude to listen to someone else's conversation?" I retorted. I can't believe him.

"Well, it's not like I wanted to listen it's just that I can't do anything but to listen. I was taking a nap awhile ago, just so you know." He smiled. Is he saying that my voice is so loud that he woke up?

"Wh--"

"Your voice cracked awhile ago." He released a chuckle. "You woke me up."

"Eh?" He smiled.

"Well, it's not like I care whether you're confessing or not. Sorry for being 'rude'." He smiled, again. I looked at him as my eyebrows meet. I can't believe this guy. He's making fun of me, isn't he? But the thing that grabbed my attention, it's his smile. His smile that can melt people in an instant. His dimples that suits him. Why is he so beautiful? 

"I-I'm sorry, if I woke you up." Now that I've mentioned it. He looks really tired. Those bags under his eyes are really visible. "You should go back to your nap. I won't talk anymore." I returned to what I'm doing which is listening to music.

"Even if you don't tell me, I'll go take a nap." He chuckled. I looked at him, mouth open. He returned to his sleeping position.

Moments later as I am staring outside the window, admiring the building that is seen. I felt my shoulder got heavier. I looked to my side to see the guy sleeping comfortably. ON. MY. SHOULDER. I panicked. WAKE. UP. My sweat is forming on my forehead. It's my next stop. What will I do? I don't want to be rude.

I looked at the top of his head (His head is on my shouder so I can see the top hahaha). Black hair is starting to show. Oh, his hair's getting longer. Wait! What the hell am I thinking? I should be waking him up but I'm hesitating. He looks really comfortable. But I am not a pillow. But it won't hurt if I let him stay for awhile like that. But damn his head's a bit heavy!. I'll wait for him to wake up. But the next stop is my stop. What do I do!?

The bus stopped all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter