6a. Jihoon's POV

SIMPLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

02/04/2021 || 7:00AM

I was waiting for Yena to arrive, I wasn't able to text her to be early. I wanted her to listen to the new song I wrote. I talked to her about the song I made when she arrived. At first she didn't believe me about her being the first to listen to it. I dragged her to the Music room and we sat at the floor. I grabbed my guitar, I smiled and started playing.

"Starting early in the morning
I awkwardly mmm
Take out a pen and a paper
And write down the words I had deeply swallowed"

I sang as I continue strumming my guitar. I closed my eyes while singing. I secretly smiled, I just hope she doesn't notice it.

 "My hand writing isn't pretty
Please don't be disappointed
Please let it go if I "

I stopped and looked at her, I smiled once again and continue singing.

"On this letter I want to write down our story
Every little thing about you and me."

She's watching me every move I make. She's adorable. 

"I will hold you tightly and never let go,
I will always be by your side."

I smiled at her and put my guitar down. "How was it?" I stared at her.

"I---" She paused. "It was good." She gave me an awkward smile. I looked at her with my eyebrows furrowed. I wonder what's wrong?

"Just good?" I playfully acted disappointed.

"N-no, it was really good." She stutterd. Cute. She's getting uneasy.

"Your words are empty." I pouted as I continue teasing her.

"Jihoon," She sighed. "You know I can't explain my feelings into words. It's hard to explain, okay? I mean, your song is so good that good is the only word that's coming out from my mouth. It doesn't mean I didn't like it, I love it actually. It's just that--" I She released a sigh, again. She's so cute when she's in a panic. 

I giggled. "Okay, I get it. Thank you." Man, Ican't resist her.

"I'm sorry," She said. "It's just that I'm speechless right now. How can you make such beautiful song like that?" She looked at me, er eyes glittering.

"Let's say, I'm inspired." I gave her my signature smile. I'll try to a little more.

Her eyes widen in shock. "Inspired? Aren't you always inspired by your friends?" She asked.

"They're one but this time it's different." I smiled. "But wait, aren't my lyrics to cheesy or something? Was it good?" I asked. Hoping that she'll like my lyrics.

"Y-You're asking me?" She asked as she pointed to herself.

"Well duh, you're the only one here and you're the first one I made it listen to." I laughed.

"Th-that's right. No, it's not. It's well written. Was that your feelings?" She asked. I was surprised by her question. I know those lyrics were my feelings. I wanted to tell her how much I like her but I can't. I want to tell her I wrote this song just for her. I want to tell her I was inspired because of her. But I can't. I don't have the courage to.

"Well..." I paused as I rub the back of my neck. I bit my upper lip and looked away. She blinked and bit her lower lip secretly.

"It is." I smiled. I can feel my cheeks getting hot. What's this? Am I shy?

"I-I-I see." She stuttered and awkwardly laugh.

"Are you okay?" I asked while I giver her a concern look.

"O-of course I am. Is that all? Th-then... I'm going first, see you at class." She said and ran away. She didn't look back, I was surprised and tried calling out to her but no words came out. I wanted to run after her but my legs aren't moving. I want to tell her how much I like her.

I decided to return to class, I'm expecting Yena to be there. I want to ask her why she ran but to my surprise she's not.

"Jihoon, why are you late?" The teacher asked.

"I...ah...mom called." I said, hoping the teacher will buy my excuse.

"I see. Next time don't be late. Have Yena texted you? Why is she late?" He asked.

"N-no..." Where is she? Did I said something that offended her?

"Go to your seat, Jihoon." The teacher said. I took a seat and the teacher started his lesson. My focus wasn't on the lecture but to Yena, whose whereabouts are unknown. Where did she go? She could have texted me if she won't attend the class. I felt responsible. The class went on, Yena talked to the teacher about her being absent to his class. I called out to her as soon as she finished her business with the teacher but she immediately walked out of the classroom. I think she didn't heard me but I tried calling out to her again, knowing my voice is loud enough for her to hear. But to my dismay she didn't look back. I'll try approaching her at the cafeteria when I see her. 

The others were laughing as we walk towards the cafeteria, talking about random stuff. "Seungkwan's so entertaining when he's trying to wake Jihoon hyung up." Mingyu said laughing. I'm starting to get uneasy.

"And when he's trying to speak English with Vernon and Jisoo." Jeonghan hyung said. Something is not right. I know she heard me but she didn't look back.

I tapped Seungcheol hyung's shoulder to grab his attention. He looked at me. "Hyung, have you seen Yena?" I asked.

"No, why? Weren't you with her earlier?" Seungcheol hyung asked.

"Why? Where did she go?" Seokmin asked me. I shook my head, telling them I don't know.

"There she is." Jisoo hyung pointed at Yena's figure. We quickly walked to her.

"Yena!" I pointed at her as soon as I closed the distance between us and her. "You're ignorng me! Why is that?" I playfully pouted. She released a sigh which made me even more uneasy.

"I'm cutting my friendship to everyone. So please, stop approaching me."She said with a poker face. Wait what? Did she just say cutting her friendship to everyone? We were all taken aback by her statement.

"What!?" Jisoo hyung shouted. Why? All of a sudden? We were just happy awhile ago, why all of a sudden? I looked at her, deeply.

"I don't have to explain my reason. That's what I've decided. Thank you for everything." She bowed. She didn't finished her lunch and fixed it.

"Yena!" Seonmin and Seungcheol hyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter