3. What was that?

SIMPLE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01/05/2021 || 7:00AM

"Yena!" a familiar voice called from behind. You know who I am talking to. The person that has squishy cheeks and adorable smile. You know... Lee Jihoon. Yes, we officially became friends yesterday. I stopped and turned to him, he's running towards me while his right hand is in the air trying to tell me to stop walking. "Good morning! You're early today." He smiled as he caught up to me.

"Good morning to you too. Thank you for noticing that I'm early today." I gave him a teasing smile.

He laughed. "You're beautiful today, too." He teased. I can feel my cheeks grew hotter by his sudden remark.

"Wh-what the!? I won't treat you to lunch just because you told me I'm beautiful. In your dreams, Lee Jihoon!" I shouted at him. I know I'm starting to get red. He started running away while laughing. I can't believe him!

"You have to treat me! Do you know how hard it was to tell you you're beautiful!" He shouted back while laughing.

"You shorty pants! Come back here!" I shouted as I ran after him.

I ran as fast as I could to catch him. How can he be so fast with those short legs? He stopped running when he saw a teacher walking on his way. I laughed inside me. "You deserve that." I tried not to laugh. I can hear the teacher told him not to run on the hallway and the teacher asked him if he's an elementary student. I swear, if I just saw his expression I'll be the happiest person in this school. Jihoon looked back to me. I laughed quietly while looking at him. He pouted and walked to me.

"Yah! What's so funny!?" He asked while pouting.

"What's so funny?" I asked while laughing. "You." I blurted out. His expression got serious as he looked at me. I stopped laughing and looked at him. What's with him? He was just making fun of me and now I made fun of him he's become like this.

"Wh-what?" I said, quietly. He just stared at me seriously. I looked away. "I-I'll go ahead." I mummbled and walked away slowly.

"You have to treat me to lunch, Ms. Beautiful." He spoke. I stopped and turned to him.

"Can you please stop that?" I looked at him in annoyed. "I told you, just because you called me 'beautiful' doesn't mean I'll treat you to lunch." I repeated.

He laughed. "That won't do."

"Okay, fine." I sighed in defeated. "I'll treat you to lunch."

"YES!" He cheered and threw his fist in the air. I rolled my eyes as I watch him celebrate his victory over nothing.

"I knew it, you're much prettier in close up." Said the voice from behind me. I felt shiver down my spine and Jihoon starts laughing. I really really have a bad feeling. I slowly turned around to see Seungcheol smiling at me.

I smiled back, but the smile I'm talking about is a sarcastic one. "No, Seungcheol." I, then, became serious. "No more treats." And walked ahead the two of them.

"That's Sengcheol oppa for you!"Seungcheol said, following me.

"Oppa? No." I said as I hold my laugh.

"Y-yah!" Seungcheol shouted, he sounded disappointed tho.

"Hyung, let her be." Jihoon said and patted Seungcheol's shoulder. "Why don't you just call her 'Noona' then?" Jihoon added. I looked back when I heard Jihoon said that. Jihoon is smiling at me and so is Seungcheol.

"Yena Noona?" Seungcheol did an aegyo as he looked at me teasingly.

"Seriously, yah!" I clenched my teeth.

"Jihoonie," A human being approached Seungcheol and Jihoon with a smile. "Seungcheolie," The person spoke. I looked at the person, she's beautiful. She has a shoulder length brunette hair and she's wearing a sweatshirt, pants and a pair of snickers.  It's like she descended from heaven. "Don't bully a girl." If she's a guy, I swear I'll fall in love with her.

"Seungcheol hyung, did." Jihoon said as he pointed at Seungcheol and him being all innocent.

"You guys," She said and looked at me. "I'm sorry about these two. They get along too well." She bowed. I just looked at her and told her it's okay. "I'm---"

"Jeonghan hyung, Seokmin is looking for you." His low voice echoed through my ear. Why would a handsome being is standing in front of me. But wait...

"J-Jeonghan h-hyung?" I repeated, surprised.

"Yena, he's a trap." Seungcheol said, chuckling.

"If you thought of us being a bully, well Jeonghan hyung is... you can find it out yourself." Jihoon smiled. Wait... so this person with a shoulder length brunette hair is a guy? And I just called him beautiful and swore that I'll fall in love with him if he's a guy? This is too much to handle.

"Hey, don't be like that." The Jeonghan guy said to Jihoon and looked at me. "I'm sorry about that, I'm Jeonghan and I'm actually a guy." He smiled at me and offered a hand shake. I accepted it even though I'm still in the process of sinking in the whole situation.

"And I'm Kim Mingyu! Nice to meet you, noona!" The tall guy said as he gave me a smile and a salute. Seriously?

"N-noona?" I asked.

"I'm one year older by him." Jihoon said with a smile. Yena you're such a genius! A brilliant idea came to my mind.

"Mingyu, right?" I smiled at him, he nodded and I looked at Jihoon. Seungcheol and Jeonghan's attention are focused on me. "What did you do to get this tall?" I looked at Jihoon from head to toe.

"Oh no you won't, Lee Yena." Jihoon looked at me. Seungcheol, Jeonghan and Mingyu bursted out laughing. Jihoon looked a bit annoyed but then laughed with the others.

"One point for Lee Yena!" Seungcheol cheered while Mingyu and Jeonghan is still laughing. Jihoon playfully punched Seungcheol's arm.

"I still have free lunch, tho." Jihoon smiled. I stared at him, defeated. That's right, I can't change the fact that I'll still buy him lunch.

"Not fair!" Seungcheol pouted. "Then, Jeonghan will buy me lunch!" He added and clinged onto Jeonghan's shoulder while acting cute.

"In your dreams, Choi Seungcheol." Jeonghan said and Seungcheol just pouted. "Lee Yena, right? Let's all have lunch togehter. I'll want you to meet the others." Jeonghan smiled at me, Jihoon, Mingyu and Seungcheol as well. I nodded in response and told them that Jihoon and I have the same dismissal time and we'll just meet them at the cafeteria. He nodded and bid their goodbye since the school bell rang, signalling that class will start in 5 minutes.

---

12:00PM

Lunch time. Jihoon is waiting for me at the door of the room. “Yena, what’s taking you so long?” He asked, sighing.

“Ah sorry, you can go ahead if you like. I’ll meet you there.” I said as I scanned my bag for the notebook I’ve been looking for. It’s gone.

“What are you looking for, anyway?” He asked, approaching me.

“My stuff. It’s gone.” I said. It’s not just an ordinary stuff tho. It’s my song notebook. That notebook has all my songs and that’s the notebook my best friend gave me. I promised him not to lose it and I’ll write all my songs there. It has a sentimental value, that’s why I really have to find it. I felt so stupid as to why I don’t remember where I put that notebook. Tears are threatening to fall in my eyes.

“What stuff?” He asked, again. He scanned under my desk.

“A notebook.” I said, sighing. “It’s not here.” I looked at him, eyebrows furrowed., tears holding back

“What about your locker? Have you checked you locker?” He asked with a tone of concern. That’s right, I still haven’t checked my locker.

“No. Anyway, let’s go. I’ve also finished fixing my things. I bet you’re hungry.” I forced a smile. Hoping that my notebook is in my locker, I walked with Jihoon to the cafeteria with the thought of my lost notebook. What if I won’t be able to find it? What will Minghao say?

Jihoon scanned the cafeteria. He smiled and told me that Seungcheol’s with the rest of the guys as he pointed them. There are 6 guys seating on a long table. Seungcheol waved at us excitedly.

“Jihoon, are you sure it’s okay?” I asked as I stopped myself from walking, shrugging the thought of my notebook’s whereabouts.

“Of course. Jeonghan hyung invited you, didn’t he?” He smiled. “And you owe me a lunch.” And chuckled.

“You win.” I forced a smile and followed him. Seungcheol, Mingyu and Jeonghan greeted me with a smile on their faces, looking so excited.

“Yena, I’ll help you find your notebook, okay? I promise. Don’t think about it too much.” His smile just comforted me. “We’ll be able to find it.” He assured me. I nodded with a small smile and we walked towards where Seungcheol and the others were.

Two tall guys stood up and smiled at me.

“I’m Jisoo.” He smiled and offered me a hand shake.

“Lee Yena,” I gave out a small smiled and accepted it.

“I’m Lee Seokmin.” The other one said with a big smile plastered on his face. I think he’s funny. I released a light awkward giggle and bowed to them.

“Nice to meet you.” And told me to sit down. I told them I still have to buy lunch and Seungcheol said he’d go with me.

“Let’s go, Yena. Jeonghan’s treating me to lunch.” Seungcheol smiled widely.

“Yena’s treating me to lunch, too!” Jihoon cheered. I looked at him and just smiled.

“Then,” Seokmin spoke. We all looked at him. “Jisoo hyung will treat me to lunch!” Seokmin added and laughed as Jisoo looked at him in surprise.

“No, Seokmin. I didn’t agree to that.” He said.

“Please, hyung. You’re the most handsome and gentle person I ever met. You won’t embarrass me in front of these people, will you?” Seokmin pouted. Jisoo released a sigh and stared at him.

“Fine. But you’ll go and buy us lunch.” Jisoo sighed in defeat as he handed Seokmin his money. Jisoo is so kind. I smiled at them.

“Then, I guess I’ll treat mysel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter