So Wonderful

Just a Feeling

 

          Yang Hyunsuk sighed as he watched Youngbae and Seungri stroll casually down the hall, the older man's arm thrown over his boyfriend's shoulders. To most people the gesture was a loose gesture of brotherhood, but now the CEO knew better and the matter was eating at him. He needed to break the news to the company's PR team as soon as possible so that they could begin preparing for the chance that the boys' relationship was discovered, and yet the deed was unnaturally difficult. It should've been a simple task, to call a meeting and lay out the facts to the team. It was hard though, because every time he thought about it, the happy couple would walk by his office or laugh in the hall, carefree and happy with each other. YG loved the two young men like his own sons, and although making other people aware of the situation was a necessity, it wasn't something he looked forward to. He didn't want to be the reason  Youngbae and Seungri's coworkers looked at them differently, didn't want put a strain on their young relationship. How could Yang do what he needed to with the pair always around, reminding him of how much he loved them? The CEO sighed. He'd just have to send them off for the weekend, give all the young men a much needed break so he could do his job.

 

 

 

          Seungri peered up at Youngbae from his position on their bed. He lay on his stomach while he watched the older man stuff his various necessities into a black duffle-bag, and bit his lip nervously. "You're sure your parents are okay with me coming with you? I mean, I know you haven't seen them in quite a while. I sure wouldn't want the company if I was in their position, and-"

          "Ri." Youngbae interjected calmly, a hint of a smile evident in his voice. "It's fine, really. My mom's excited, even. I told her I was bringing along an extra person, and although she didn't make a big deal out of it, I know she's excited to see you," the older man explained, flashing a grin at his partner as he continued packing for their weekend at his parent's house.

           Seungri still looked a bit uncertain though. "Really?" 

          "Really," the other man replied, rolling his eyes good naturedly. His soothing smile twisted into a cheeky grin though, and a teasing light came into his eyes. "Of course, my older brother's visiting too, so you'll have to room with me. I sincerely hope that isn't a problem," he snickered.

         Seungri shot his boyfriend a saucy smirk and a wink, then relaxed onto the bed, worries assuaged. "Do you think they'll like me?" the taller man asked his lover in a much more reasonable tone. "I mean, I know we've met a couple of times before, but..." Ri's voice trailed off, but it was easy for Youngbae to guess what he meant, if the younger man's crimson cheeks were anything to go by.

         "What's not to love, Ri?" he asked rhetorically, and moved to plant a gentle kiss on the other man's forehead.

          "You're right. I'm just being silly, aren't I?" Seungri asked, pushing away his nervousness and focusing on the good feelings bubbling inside his chest. His boyfriend was bringing him home to introduce him to his parents- maybe not as his lover, but they could work up to that- an action which in any relationship meant that the couple was serious about each other.

          Youngbae chuckled, his eyes crinkling up into half-moons, and nodded. "That's what I've been trying to tell you for the last half an hour," he said not unkindly, and nuzzled his face into the crook of Seungri’s neck.

          The brunette, in turn, felt his features relax as he allowed a smile to grace his face as he thought, once more, that his boyfriend was incredibly adorable

 

 

 

          Never mind that Youngbae's levelheaded reasoning made perfect sense and he ought to have no reason to worry at all. Soothing words were nice in the comfort of their bedroom, but now, actually outside the Dong residence Seungri was scared less. He gulped audibly, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down as he stared at the house they'd parked in front of. It wasn't overly imposing, in fact just the opposite- it looked welcoming and fresh, but the friendly exterior didn't do much to ease the butterflies in Ri's stomach. He was meeting his boyfriend's parents. Gulp.

           Youngbae's large, warm hand reached over to encase his own, and the older man gave a light squeeze in a gesture of comforting solidarity. The faux-hawked man's eyes met Seungri's own, and as his lover spoke, the tension melted away. "They're sure to love you just as much as I do, Ri," he said softly. "Don't worry so much."

           Then, with a final squeeze Youngbae let their hands unclasp and he exited the car. Seungri followed too, not nearly as nervous as he had been, but still wishing he could hold his boyfriend's hand for comfort. He eyed the high walls around the yard curiously. Now that the fear had begun to fade, he wondered what sort of people Youngbae's family were. If they were related the older singer they had to be alright, he supposed.

           The shorter of the pair glanced at his lovely boyfriend once, and satisfied by what he saw there, he punched a button on the intercom near the gate.

          "Hello? Oh, Youngbae, come in!" a voice crackled through the speaker.

          "We're here, mom," the elder singer replied with a smile, leaning into where the camera must've been.

          The gates swung open in reply, and the pair strolled in. As they traipsed up the short walk, Seungri eyed the neatly trimmed hedges and clipped grass curiously, looking an indication of the resident's character in them. He wasn't given much time to consider though, because a woman- Youngbae's mother, he assumed- walked out of the house. Her smile was wide, and her eyes, like Youngbae's when he grinned, had crinkled into nothing. "Youngbae," she smiled as she welcomed him home with a hug. "Jiyong," she said expectantly, turning embrace the leader as well before realizing that the other boy on her doorstep wasn't her son's long time best friend like she'd expected. Mrs. Dong's cheeks flushed pink as she apologized profusely, and Seungri, like a gentleman, graciously denied that there was any need for apologies before introducing himself politely.

           No one who didn't know the brunette well would be able to tell what he was nervous- because he'd plastered on his idol face- but to Youngbae it was obvious. The stiff set of Seungri's shoulders, the too large smile, the over-politeness; they were all indicators of the younger man's tense state. The faux-hawked man longed to reach over and his lover's hair, hold his hand, do something to ease away the worry.

           Mrs. Dong invited the pair inside amiably, and as they slipped off their shoes Seungri took the opportunity to survey his boyfriend's paternal home. It was classy, tasteful, but not overindulgent. It was pleasant, although clean to such a degree that it was practically sterile, and Seungri worried momentarily about tracking in dirt. That thought left his mind when his partner's mother spoke once more. "Youngbae, why don't you show Seungri-ssi up to your room?" She turned to the younger man next to apologize for the accommodations. "I'm sorry we don't have a separate room available, Seungri-ssi. My older son, Hyunbae, is visiting this weekend as well," she explained.

          Seungri fought the blush rising to color his cheeks and the desire to tell the older woman why exactly he wasn't bothered by sharing a room with the other man. Instead, he settled for a polite answer. "It's alright, Mrs. Dong. I'm sorry to inconvenience you." Seungri supposed that the polite front he'd pasted on to cover his nervousness was working when she smiled broadly at his reply. 

          Youngbae gestured towards the stairs, picked up his bag, and began the ascent, glancing back a couple of times to make sure that the younger man was behind him. Once upstairs, the older man led them past a few doors, pointing out which was the bathroom and which was his brother's room, before coming to a stop in front of his own. The wooden door creaked ever so slightly as they entered, Youngbae with the ease of familiarity and Seungri hesitantly. As soon as the door had shut behind them the faux-hawked man gripped his lover in a tight embrace, nuzzling his head into Seungri's warm neck and inhaling the other man's scent. "I love you," he said, and although his words were muffled by the brunette's neck, Ri understood.

          "I lo-"

          His words were cut off when the door slammed open. The pair sprang apart, and Seungri hoped the guilty expression he imagined was on his face wasn't noticeable. "Long time no see, little brother," Hyunbae said from the doorway, smiling mischievously.

 

          Youngbae's eyes widened, and with considerable excitement, he walked over to hug the older man. "Hey, Hyung," he smiled. "How are you?"

         "Fine, just fine," the elder brother replied with an equally bright smile. "Who's this?" Hyunbae asked, cocking his head in Seungri's direction.

         "You've met Seungri, right Hyung?" Youngbae asked, doing his best not to give anything away.

         Hyunbae paused, searching his memories, before a light bulb seemed to come on. "That's right, we have met. Nice to see you again, Seungri-ssi," he called.

         The brunette, feeling awkward and out of place, bowed to acknowledge the greeting. "You too, Hyunbae-ssi," he said, doing his best not to let the idol mask slip.

         With a little giggle and a wink, the elder Dong brother excused himself. “See you later, guys,” he called as he strolled out the bedroom door.

         Youngbae shook his head and breathed a little sigh of relief before relaxing onto the bed and pressing a kiss to his lover’s forehead. “You up for spending time with my parents?” He asked wryly, although they both knew that they really didn’t have a choice; Youngbae wasn’t home often enough get out of spending time with them when he did come home.

        Seungri sighed and nodded, reluctantly standing up and pulling his boyfriend to his feet too. Youngbae didn’t drop their intertwined hands after he’d stood up though, instead holding tightly in a gesture of togetherness that wasn’t lost on the brunette. The held hands until they reached the base of the stairs, untangling their fingers just as they rounded the corner into Youngbae’s parents’ living room.

        The older man strolled into the room comfortably and took a seat on a comfortable sofa, gesturing to Seungri- who stood awkwardly in the doorway, unsure of where to go- that he should sit next to him. The taller man sat down on the plush cushions, aware that his idol mask was starting to slip and the reason for the lapse. Youngbae’s parents weren’t strangers he’d never think twice about, but people he wanted – needed–  to like him.

        The older man’s parents were attentive listeners, and Seungri fielded the occasional question politely, doing his best to make sure the focus remained on Youngbae. The faux-hawked man’s father seemed to support everything his youngest son did, no questions asked, so long as he was happy and healthy, and Seungri instantly took a liking to the older man. His mother was polite as ever, but after a while it had begun to wear at the brunette because it was the same sort of polite he and the other band members used during torture sessions- er, interviews. Youngbae beside him made it bearable though, and Hyunbae made the time more enjoyable than it might have been. The older man was friendly and funny, outgoing to the max, and had made it his mission to interject humor into his family’s dull conversation, so Seungri was grateful.

        After hours upon hours of time spent conversing with Youngbae’s parents, Hyunbae poked him in the side, bringing him back to reality and out of the dreamland he’d inhabited. He whipped his head around from one brother to the other, and he wondered if it’d been obvious that he’d retreated into his mind and whether or not his eyes had gotten that glazed over look Daesung was always making fun of him for. Both men looked equally amused, and he blushed, supposing that it must have been. “We can go to bed now,” Youngbae grinned, and Hyunbae chuckled.

        “Wonderful,” Seungri grumbled not at all sarcastically, and trudged towards the stairs as the brothers laughed. 

 


Right. So it's been a while, huh? I'm sorry guys, really I am. I didn't know where I was going with this for a long time, but I'VE GOT IT NOW! :D 
Now it's just a matter of me sitting down and writing it out. ^^ I'll do my best for you!  

 

I love Hyunbae's character... not sure why, but I do. :D

My writing style seems different to me... can you guys tell? O.o Maybe it's due to my work with lonerhoper on "Little Miss Bigbang"...? *cough cough* Not a shameless plug. ;) 
Hope you guys have all read "Kingka High" too... ^^ 
I love you guys so much, and thank you for the support. Every time I started to wonder if it was worth trying to think up another chapter for this one of you let me know you wanted more. <3 Nyaw. 

A big thank you to all of you, especially FishyHaeFishy, NoLimitxInfinite, lovelydarling, and littlejjampong. ^_^