CHAPTER 7: WARMTH

The Fantasy of 1479 Silver Years

“Doubt thou the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move. Doubt truth to be a liar, But never doubt I love.”

 

Time seemed to stand still, time wanted for them to stay like this a while longer. Time stopped the night from turning into day, stopped the sun from meeting the moon, leaving the dark sky full of stars. Time gave them the possibility of meeting again, and maybe time was on their side. Maybe time would allow someone to wait for a person for almost over 1458 years and cheat time. Maybe time was so kind to let a whole kingdom be reborn again and give some the ability to remember that they were from another time, just so that they could be able to fall in love once more and live a happiness they couldn’t before. But time isn’t kind, nor giving, time can’t be cheated and sooner or later, time will get everyone to understand that they don’t have time on their side, that time will be restored to its rightful flow.

In the calmness of the room, the two let themselves fall into a deep and peaceful slumber. The softness of the sheets that embraced them allowed Jaehyun to bring Taeyong closer with every small movement and as the night fell deeper around the world, they slept peacefully sharing the same warmth they once did. Soft breathing and slow movements, a blanket that tried to protect them, and a silent room with only the fireplace faint sound coming from the other room, was all they needed in that moment. With a small move, Jaehyun raised his leg and placed it over Taeyong’s, tangling their legs together and making the older whimper a bit at the change, but he too, tangled his legs with Jaehyun, and the hand that was hugging the older from under his shoulder tightened the grip and brought the boy closer to his chest, his head resting right above his heart. Taeyong was still sleeping soundly, unconsciously he could hear a heartbeat, little sounds of something pounding under him and he only fell deeper, his head raised and fell with Jaehyun’s even breathing.

Remembering who he was made Taeyong feel things that he didn’t feel before. His life started to change the moment he felt drawn to Jaehyun, the boy who came and with his eyes made him feel confused and yet, warm inside. The more he remembered the more he felt as if he used one chance to live his life and now he got another chance to live it. He got another chance to fall in love and be able to love him, to cherish him and see him happy once more. He felt as if his life was given a reset, but the more he felt the more it made him feel sad. He made Jaehyun wait for so long, all these years that passed, all the stories he thought were just a fairytale; he made his Jaehyun sad by meeting him again and not recognizing him when everyone else around seemed to do so. But what hurt him the most in that moment, wasn’t that he left Jaehyun alone to wonder the world with the dying hope of finding him again, it was the fact that his baby brother who he called family, not once but twice, was in fact the one that took him away from Jaehyun, that tried to take the throne and succeeded in taking him away from the man he swore to protect and he couldn’t forgive that.

He didn’t know if he could see his baby brother again, he didn’t know how to face his family again, because now he knew that he wouldn’t be the same person again. He was well aware that his eyes held something else in them than confusion and maybe he was ready to face his friends and ask for forgiveness. Maybe they would be ready to forgive him for not being capable of defending his kingdom and leaving it in the hands of fate, but the one he sought forgiveness was Jaehyun for leaving him without saying a proper goodbye.

Jaehyun didn’t know what would happen when he would wake up again. He didn’t know what caused Taeyong to faint, what was going on in his head when he looked at his face and saw tears streaming down and sobbing in his sleep. He didn’t know if when he woke up Taeyong would be next to him, knowing who he is and that he is the king he waited for. He didn’t want to fall asleep either, he wanted to stay awake just so he could see the moment Taeyong opens his eyes and looks at him with the same look he did long ago. He tried to wipe away the tears, he tried to use his magic to stop him from seeing everything, maybe if he didn’t know who killed him he could still save him from the pain. But by the time he managed to get into his head it was too late and he woke up in the middle of the battlefield with Taeyong in his arms.

Jaehyun felt his hand go numb under Taeyong and as he slowly winced, he moved it a bit too fast and startling Taeyong he managed to woke him up.

“Sorry,” Jaehyun said, “go back to sleep.”

“Let’s change,” Taeyong managed to rasp out and raising his head from Jaehyun’s chest he looked up and was met with a pair of sleepy and yet hopeful eyes. “Your heartbeat is too loud.” And at that Jaehyun felt his cheeks heat up but nodded nonetheless.

“You’re too heavy.” He tried to shoot back but the argument was barely hearable and Taeyong let out a rasped chuckle and raising himself up he took Jaehyun in his arms and turning him around he spooned him and circled his arm around his waist. Jaehyun let himself fall back into his embrace, feeling his heartbeat on his back and trying to move as close as he could he let Taeyong place his hand above his and interlacing their fingers together he let himself enjoy this.

“You waited.” Taeyong said, moving his head to rest between Jaehyun’s shoulder blades. Jaehyun only tried to focus on a dead point in front of him, knowing that if he turned his head now they would be too close for his heart to take.

“For what?” he questioned, but deep down he knew what he meant. He made himself believe that Taeyong remembered who he was.

“Me.” Taeyong replied but his answer seemed a bit vague at first, because if Jaehyun was wrong and what he saw were not memories then this conversation made no sense. “I’m sorry for making you wait this long to meet me again.”

Hearing this Jaehyun didn’t care if he was nose to nose with Taeyong because he snapped his head back, and moved a bit so he wouldn’t sprain any muscles in the process, and when he looked in his eyes and when he saw the glimmer they once had and he didn’t know how to form words anymore.

“My king…” Jaehyun whispered and he didn’t know why but he suddenly felt his eyes water and his body heat up and the next thing he knew he jumped on Taeyong and started hugging him like there was no tomorrow. Tears streaming down his face, his arms circling his broad shoulders and his legs trapping Taeyong under him, made it impossible for him to even move out of his embrace and wipe away his tears. Taeyong was left standing there, under Jaehyun and the only thing he could do was hug the younger back and pat his back lightly, hoping for the tears to stop falling and finally give him the smile he wants to see forever.

“There, there,” Taeyong said patting him some more, “please stop crying, I don’t want puffy eyes in the morning.” He tried to add, trying to lighten up the mood so he would at least give him some space to move and wipe those tears that pained his heart.

“Tae…” Jaehyun spoke between sobs and the more Taeyong tightened the hug the more his crying seemed to stop. It was as if having him close meant protection, his hug gave him the warmth he needed to know that this was not a dream, that those feelings he bottled up this long were not in vain and that this time he could finally say what he never could. And yet, he didn’t.

“What time is it?” Taeyong asked, trying to make the younger let go and focus on something else.

“Hmm?” Jaehyun said as he pushed back and looked at Taeyong, his eyes red from crying and his beautiful face puffy. “4AM.” He said as he turned his head a bit to look at the numbers on the nightstand.

“That’s early.” Taeyong mumbled, to himself or towards Jaehyun, he wasn’t sure either.

“I can’t believe it.” Jaehyun said all of a sudden. Changing his position so he could see Taeyong better. He moved his legs a bit so he was now standing in Taeyong’s lap with his hand searching for something and when he found what he was looking for he took Taeyong’s hand in his and interlaced their fingers once more. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too, Jae.” Taeyong said as he raised his free hand to place it on his cheek and wipe some of the remains that the tears left. Jaehyun let his head fall in his hand and closing his eyes he felt Taeyong move his hand to his chin and when he opened up his eyes he was met with another pair, looking straight at him, moving from his eyes to his lips and back. “Can I kiss you?”

Jaehyun didn’t say anything and just closed his eyes, waiting for him to do it. He felt a soft breath fawn over his lips, as if he was testing the waters and then the hand left his chin and moving to his nape, Taeyong drew him in and placed his lips over his. Jaehyun felt his stomach do flips and he could swore that if he snapped his fingers not he could start a firework display in the room. Jaehyun got up a bit so he could kiss Taeyong from above and as Taeyong tried to deepen the kiss, Jaehyun opened his mouth to let him gain entrance. Jaehyun moved his hands to the back of his head and moving one through his silver hair he wanted to never part those lips.

Taeyong felt his whole body heat up and he didn’t know if he should stop to get air or if he should go on and die right there with Jaehyun in his arms. He parted their lips, in need of air, and the moment he locked his eyes back with Jaehyun he felt complete. The blush in his cheeks, the disheveled lips he just tasted and those eyes that wanted to do more, made Taeyong feel a certain heat go downwards and before he could process anything that was happening he grabbed Jaehyun and started kissing him again.

Jaehyun wanted to switch their positions so he slowly tried to go back, not breaking the kiss, and Taeyong noticed, so he followed suit. They broke the kiss so that Jaehyun could allow Taeyong to move down and rest his head on the pillows, his body towering him. He gave him another peck and then he let his head rest on his chest, his legs tangling Taeyong’s.

“Your buddy is hitting my leg.” Jaehyun said chuckling but his ears were as red as a tomato and he couldn’t see Taeyong’s face but he knew his cheeks had the same color. He could feel Taeyong raise his arm to cover his face and even if he didn’t push Jaehyun off of his chest he didn’t know if he should.

“Will you move a bit?” Taeyong asked, his hand still covering his face. Jaehyun raised his hand and pushed his body up and with another chuckle he kissed the arm that was covering Taeyong’s face, making him move it so that he could see his flushed face.

“I think I want to take a picture of this.” Jaehyun said as he looked at him and Taeyong only blushed harder.

“Yah! Don’t even think about it.” He shot back, trying to sound convincing but it was more a whimper than a threat.

“Ok, but I still want photos with you. Since this new generation has these strange, but very good ways, of storing memories.” Jaehyun said, moving from his chest and next to Taeyong, resting his head on his left elbow.

“How come you don’t have a reaction like mine?” Taeyong asked, trying to take his mind away from that finally started to calm down.

Jaehyun only smirked at that and moving again he placed his head on Taeyong’s chest and mumbled slowly, “Did I say I didn’t?” and Taeyong just averted his eyes and tried to look somewhere else than between his legs.

“Come here.” Taeyong said, his head turned to the opposite side of Jaehyun, his arms inviting him back in his embrace, “I’m cold. Come here and warm me up.”

And Jaehyun could see how his cheeks started to turn crimson again. He complied and in a moment he was hugging him again, his head resting on his armpit. Looking up he could see Taeyong’s features and he felt a sudden need to kiss him again. He moved a bit and pecked his neck, making Taeyong react. He did it again and this time he blew some air around his ear and he heard Taeyong chuckle.

“You’re tickling me.” Taeyong said cutely as he tried to avoid Jaehyun and his pecks, but that only seemed to make Jaehyun try other stuff. Before he could even run away Jaehyun started poking his sides, started kissing his face all over and started tickling him everywhere he could. Taeyong’s laugh resonated in the whole room and Jaehyun was beaming with happiness and soon Taeyong started to fight back and before he could do something Taeyong was tickling him and kissing him back, trying to make up for all those night they missed.

“Stop, I-I can’t anymore.” Jaehyun started to pant and laugh at the same time. He felt as if his heart was going to jump out of his chest any moment now. He felt that if they went on he might trigger some magic unconsciously and he forgot for a moment that Taeyong didn’t know that he had magic.

“You started first.” Taeyong said between laughs and he forgot completely that it was too early for laughing this hard and loud. They forgot that Jaehyun lived in an apartment and that if it was too silent maybe the walls were not so thick and you could hear, but they felt so happy that for a moment he saw himself back in Camelot, back in Jaehyun’s room and back in his sheets. But this was different, because his bed didn’t smell of lavender like it used to, the sheets smelled of chocolate and cinnamon, and this apartment looked like Camelot but it wasn’t. This was a new room with the same old dork he loved.

But they didn’t mind, because somewhere along the way it was Jaehyun under Taeyong, it was Taeyong leaving marks on his neck while tickling his abdomen and somewhere along the way it was Jaehyun who grabbed a pillow and hit his king straight in the head and turned the tickling session into a pillow fight with running around in the room and making a mess of everything. Somewhere along that running Taeyong grabbed Jaehyun from the back and tickled some more until they both fell to the ground with a loud thud. Then they started kissing again, like there was nothing else that mattered in the world and they devoured each other’s lips and touched everywhere they could, each touch leaving them with a burning sensation and a want to do more and then when they felt like it turned too intense they would break apart and start laughing again.

They stopped when they ran out of breath and fell back into bed, the sheets scrambled everywhere, the pillows to the ground and their faced flushed and red and hairs sticking out in all the right places. They both closed their eyes and maybe for a moment they were ready to go back to sleep. Because Taeyong had work tomorrow and so did Jaehyun. Because happiness is always short and you have to make the most of it before it ends.

Silence settled down again, only their breathing filling the room, settling down to a normal one and Taeyong felt sleep creep in and take him away. Jaehyun his side so he could watch how beautiful Taeyong was even like this. Taeyong didn’t turn, he stood on his back and turned his head so they could look at each other again and then Jaehyun smiled and leaning in Taeyong closed his eyes and felt warm lips on his again and the feather like sensation he felt before was back. Jaehyun kissed him softly and then stopped and raising his head a bit so he could place a kiss on Taeyong’s forehead he let himself fall back on his back and he too closed his eyes.

“When you close your eyes and look at the world, what do you see?” Taeyong broke the silence, not really looking as if they were going back to sleep soon. Jaehyun let his eyes closed and he saw Taeyong smiling.

“When I close my eyes and look at the world I saw you with me, smiling as we look at Avalon. Sidhes dance around the island, making it seem as if the whole island is covered in blue sparks and as we look at them, I stop and stare for a while just so I can turn my head and see your smile.” Jaehyun began as he searched for Taeyong’s hand once more, finding it and grabbing it tight, “And even if I can’t see you, even if we are separated far apart from each other. I’ll always be watching after you, I’ll definitely watch over you forever.”

“I won’t let you go away, because when I close my eyes all I see is you smiling next to me. When I close my eyes I see us back in Camelot, on the field where we liked to take strolls at night and see the stars, where I always looked at you and wished for fireworks to light the sky so that I could see your joyful expression and fall for you even more.” Taeyong said as he moved closer until he could touch Jaehyun’s shoulder with his, “And even if I can’t see you and we are separated far from each other, I’ll come and find you. I’ll always find my way back to you.”

“God! How I missed playing with you like this.” Jaehyun said trying to break the tense atmosphere that settled in and he couldn’t help the smile that formed on his lips, “But I never knew you could kiss like that.” He said looking at Taeyong.

“Oh shush it, you loved it!” Taeyong replied chuckling and opening his eyes he looked back and dragged Jaehyun back in his arms. “I will kiss you until you run out of air so that I can give you mine and if I ran out of it too then I don’t mind if I die because I kissed you.”

“But I don’t want to die yet, I mean, a kiss is still weak.” Jaehyun said leaving his hug and retrieving a pillow from the floor, “We need to go to dates and stuff.” He went on going back into his arms and arranging the pillow under their heads, “We need to do more than a kiss.”

“So does that mean we’re a couple now?” Taeyong asked the obvious.

“Of course you fool,” Jaehyun said and turning a bit he went on, “I mean if I’m good enough for you.”

“You’re all I need.” Taeyong said pecking his lips once more, “But now I need sleep because I have to go back to the café in the morning.”

“I am free tomorrow, so I’m coming with you.” Jaehyun said turning his head back, “I love the breakfast that café makes.”

“But I wanted to eat the breakfast you make.” Taeyong said and Jaehyun could practically see his pout. He must have missed his cooking, since he dig in so heartily at dinner. “Can’t you wake up early like you used to and make me breakfast?”

“I spoiled you too much.” Jaehyun said, “What do you want to eat?”

“You.” Taeyong said as he kissed his neck.

“Anything else your heart desires, my king?” Jaehyun said as he chuckled, “I don’t think we have me on the menu in the morning.”

“I want to eat you up, at breakfast,” Taeyong said kissing his neck again, “at lunch,” he went on kissing his cheek, “and at dinner.” Taeyong said as he turned his head a bit and he kissed the corner of his mouth.

“Cheesy,” Jaehyun said as he turned some more to kiss his lips. “I’ll make you an omelet with love. Would that be enough to fill your stomach?”

“Depends on how much love you put in.” Taeyong replied chuckling.

“Just go to sleep already. It’s 5:35AM and you need to wake up early since the coffee shop opens at 8AM.” Jaehyun said as he turned back again and closed his eyes, “I’ll put in all the love in the world.”

“Sleep well, my Jae.” Taeyong said and he caressed his upper arm and kissed his cheek once more, before placing his head back on the pillow and spooning Jaehyun once more.

“Sleep well, my king.” Jaehyun whispered.

 

 

When morning came, and the first rays started to creep in the apartment Jaehyun woke up with the soft breathing of Jaehyun on his nape. Small snore sounds and a warm embrace protecting his body from the morning cold. He moved slowly, not to wake Taeyong up and this time he succeeded. He looked at the clock and it read 6:30AM.

“Ugh, I overslept.” He mumbled and the good thing about this now was that it didn’t matter because he can finish breakfast in 15 minutes.

He got up from the bed and taking a blanket from the floor he covered Taeyong with it, and leaning in he placed a soft kiss on his temple, “Good morning my king.”

He took a look at the room again and seeing the mess they made he snapped his fingers and by the time he was at the door the room was as clean as new. He spared a look at Taeyong and then slowly he closed the door to the room and headed for the kitchen leaving a peacefully sleeping Taeyong in the bed.

He went to check his phone for any new notifications, taking it from the counter in the kitchen, taking a seat at the table as the omelet was cooking itself. Looking at it he saw some missed calls from an unknown number and then he thought about it for a bit and his eyes started to turn big and his mind finally caught up. He never saw Taeyong call home to say he wasn’t coming back and getting up the chair and running around for a bit and using magic to move all sorts of things he finally found what he was looking for.

“5 missed calls: Mark Baby, 2 new text messages: Mark Baby,” Jaehyun read out loud as he looked at the screen of Taeyong’s smartphone. “!” He tried to unlock it but it was password protected. He thought for a bit and then he remembered and old spell that unlocked any door, maybe it will work on devices too. He placed the phone down on the coffee table and taking a seat on the couch he concentrated on his fingers and moving them slowly sparks started to come out again and in a second the screen typed the password and the phone unlocked.

He didn’t feel good about prying in his phone but he completely forgot to check if Taeyong told them about his stay over and while he was taking an unconscious Taeyong to the bed he didn’t think about it either, it slipped his mind. He opened the text messages and read slowly, hoping they wouldn’t sound too worried.

‘hey hyung, are you coming home tonight?’

‘Ten hyung told me you’re with Jaehyun hyung, I’ll see you tomorrow! Sleep well guys and don’t you dare miss work tomorrow because I’m not coming back from home just so I can do your shift because you have to run after people!’

Jaehyun felt his cheeks heat up but he felt a burden leave his shoulders. ‘thanks mark, he will be there don’t worry. –Jaehyun hyung’ he texted back and placing the phone back where he found it, he returned to the kitchen.

 

 

Taeyong stirred in his sleep with the smell of eggs and cocoa. He opened his eyes and scrunched his nose, looking around the room. It was spotless and he could have sworn they made a mess last night, or morning, out of it.

“Did he even sleep?” Taeyong questioned himself out loud as he yawned and got up from bed, scratching the back of his head.

“Oh you’re up!” Jaehyun said when he spotted silver hair getting out from the bedroom, “I made some hot cocoa too!” He said smiling and Taeyong could not think well, because he didn’t know when or how but Jaehyun only wore some fluffy slippers and an oversized shirt and he gulped empty.

“Morning to you too.” Taeyong said as he entered the kitchen and took a seat at the table, still looking at Jaehyun and his missing clothes. “What happened with your clothes?”

“I needed to change in something comfortable,” Jaehyun said turning his head a bit and giving Taeyong a smirk, “and I figured you would like this outfit.”

“I sure do,” Taeyong said smirking back and staring at Jaehyun bringing plates with omelet on the table  and then turning back to take the two hot cocoa cups and he too taking a seat at the table; the seat next to Taeyong.

“You’re not gonna stare at the food for the whole morning right?” Jaehyun questioned when he noticed that Taeyong wasn’t moving.

“I’m too lazy to raise my arms.” Taeyong said giving Jaehyun another smirk, “Feed me.”

“I really spoil you too much,” Jaehyun said as he got up and leaning his head on the corner of the table he took a fork and taking a bit of food he made way towards Taeyong’s mouth and before he could even get close he felt strong arms take his and in a moment he was in Taeyong’s lap.

“This is better,” Taeyong said as he took the food from the top of the fork, “I can eat you too.” He went on kissing his neck, “Since eggs also have a white part.”

“I’m not that white,” Jaehyun argued back as he fed Taeyong another bite and he too taking a bite.

“You would make Snow White jealous.” Taeyong said chuckling.

“Just eat your food, we need to leave in 20 minutes. You’re gonna be late.” Jaehyun said giving him another bite.

“I’ll call Mark to take in my shift. He owns me.” Taeyong said and he didn’t know why but as his name slipped his lips he felt a pang in his heart, and it felt as if his heart was going to break, “Speaking of Mark…”

“Don’t abuse your baby brother!” Jaehyun warned, but Taeyong seemed to think of something else because the bite of food on the fork was left unpicked.

“Does he remember too?” Taeyong said carefully and Jaehyun slowly took the fork back to the table, placing it down on the plate. He knew he couldn’t distract him much. “Does he remember that he…” Taeyong said but he couldn’t finish.

“Yeah, he does,” Jaehyun said and he tried to shift is position so he was now with his back to the table and facing Taeyong, “But Doyoung said he regrets it now.” He went on, trying to make him feel a bit better, taking a careful look at him before placing his hand on his nape and playing with the hair there, “He seeks forgiveness now.”

“He took me away from you!” Taeyong shot back, taking Jaehyun by surprise because he didn’t expect to see such a pained expression on his face. “He made you wait for me, he made you go through the pain of losing someone you cherish! That can’t be forgiven! Nothing like this should.”

“It’s okay, my king,” Jaehyun spoke slowly and leaning in he rested his forehead on Taeyong’s, “I forgave him long ago, so please, don’t blame your baby brother now. It’s all in the past, I moved on, I never sought revenge, all I sought was meeting you again and I did.”

“But I’m not like you, I can’t forgive him so easily,” Taeyong said looking at Jaehyun, “He betrayed me and my kingdom, he is a traitor.”

“Please, let it go,” Jaehyun spoke again, leaning in, “The past is the past, what matters is the present.” He said as his breath ghosted over Taeyong’s lips and as he closed his eyes he closed the distance between them, their lips locking once more. Taeyong’s hand moved to Jaehyun’s back and he pushed him closer to his body, deepening the kiss until they ran out of air.

“How can you be so kind?” Taeyong said as he broke their kiss, “What did I do to meet you again and get the chance and courage to finally do this?”

“You don’t have to do anything.” Jaehyun said as he pecked his lips once more, “I knew from the moment I met you that you are going to be the best man I will ever meet in this life.”

“God, how much I wanted to hold you and kiss you and touch you.” Taeyong said and Jaehyun understood that, he understood that so well. Because in all those years he could never find someone that could replace Taeyong and in all those years no one he liked compared to his love towards Taeyong.

“I know,” Jaehyun said as he leaned in to kiss his lips again and when he heard a grumble from Taeyong’s stomach he parted their lips, “But it seems that now you want food more than me.”

Jaehyun turned around again and taking the fork from the table and stealing a fast glance at the clock on the wall he continued feeding Taeyong and tried to get accustomed with the silence that settled and the warmth of Taeyong’s arms surrounding his abdomen.

They ate in silence and then they washed the dishes together. Taeyong stealing kisses from Jaehyun until he couldn’t wash anymore and would splash Taeyong with water to let him do his job.

“Are you sure you want to come with me?” Taeyong yelled from the door as he put his shoes on, “I’m okay with you not meeting our friends again.”

“You can’t lock me up Taeyong.” Jaehyun yelled from the bathroom as he tried to arrange his hair and put some pants on. “I want to meet them too, they’re my friends too!”

“Ugh but I don’t want them to see you,” Taeyong said as he looked at the screen of his phone now, clearing the notifications of missed calls from Ten and Doyoung. “I want you all for myself.”

“Oh please,” Jaehyun said as he came out of the door and started putting some accessories and his shoes on at the same time, “They love each other too much to try to take me from you.”

“Yuta is single.” Taeyong said and he could hear Jaehyun laugh.

“He has someone, trust me.” Jaehyun said as he finished getting ready and turning back to Taeyong he gave him the red scarf, “Now tie this around my neck and let’s go.”

“How do you even know that?” Taeyong said taking the scarf and tying it as he was told, giving him a kiss when he was done.

“Intuition.” Jaehyun said and smiled at him, “I know when someone is in love. I can tell.”

“You couldn’t read me.” Taeyong said as he opened the door and stepped outside, “You didn’t know about me.”

“That’s because you can’t read someone who loves you.” Jaehyun said stepping out too and closing the door. “I can’t tell when someone loves me, only when they love someone else.”

Taeyong didn’t say anything anymore, he just grabbed Jaehyun’s hand in his and they went back to the car and got in. They fastened their seatbelts and drove back to the coffee shop. The ride there was silent, Jaehyun changing the music and singing along. At the red light Taeyong leaning in to kiss him and Jaehyun blushing because they were in public and he wasn’t used with it. When Taeyong parked the car and Jaehyun was ready to get off Taeyong grabbed his wrist and drew him in another kiss. Jaehyun allowed Taeyong to do whatever he wanted because every kiss felt like heaven and with every kiss he fell in love more and more.

There was a knock on the window and they broke apart as fast as they could, snapping their heads in the direction of the sound. They both saw Ten smirking and Johnny next to him, typing something on his phone. Taeyong felt his cheeks go red and Jaehyun only averted their gaze and got off from the car.

“That went fast.” Ten said once he met Jaehyun and Taeyong only gave him a look, “I mean even we took some time to get together.” He went on as they walked towards the shop, motioning with his finger towards him and Johnny.

“Oh please, you basically gave me a note saying you want to my .” Johnny said back chuckling as he remembered.

“Correction, your fat .” Ten said and Taeyong only rolled his eyes because Ten told him every detail of his and Johnny’s love life and he heard the blue note story every time someone new was added to their group.

They entered the coffee shop and they were met with Yuta and Doyoung by the counter, arranging things. When the bell on the door jungled and they turned their heads to look at who it was they saw a smirking Ten and an uninterested Johnny, along with two blushing Jaehyun and Taeyong.

“What happened with those two?” Yuta questioned as he moved back to the kitchen, making room for Taeil to go back to sit with Doyoung, and got his head out from the window.

“Why are they so red?” Doyoung questioned as Taeyong went to the lockers followed by Ten and Johnny, leaving Jaehyun to pick a seat. “What did you do again Ten?”

“Why do you think I did something?” Ten yelled from the back.

“We caught them kissing in the car.” Johnny came right after.

“Oh…” Doyoung said and turning back to Jaehyun that found a seat next to the window again he looked at him and giving him a thumbs up he whispered, “Good job!”

Taeil only chuckled from the counter and Yuta started laughing in the kitchen.

“How dare you tease the king?” Taeyong came out from the locker and shot back at them, “I should jail you all for talking like this!”

“KING?!” They all yelled in unison and Jaehyun face palmed himself.

“Oh did I forget to mention?” Taeyong said going to seat next to Jaehyun, “I remember it, you liars!”

“We didn’t lie,” Doyoung said.

“We just avoided the truth.” Yuta completed finally out from his kitchen.

“Besides, you wouldn’t have believed us anyway.” Johnny said then, coming out from the locker room with his uniform on. “I wouldn’t believe it if someone came and told me I’m a knight and that I lived 1400 years ago.”

“Point taken.” Taeyong said. “But still, you could have tried to hint it at least.”

“Yeah, mister I don’t believe in the legend, please do tell me more.” Jaehyun said from his side.

“Anyway,” Taeyong said trying to avoid the judging eyes, “the important thing is that I remember now.” He finished before he got up and gave Jaehyun a kiss on the lips where everyone could see.

“Look at them all lovey-dovey now.” Ten said smirking again and Jaehyun only blushed harder as he glared at Taeyong.

“Just remember, I am your king and you are all my knights.” Taeyong said as he went to flip the open/close sign on the door. “And who painted that thing on the wall? That’s not how my castle looks like!”

 


A/n: wow, two chapters in two days, I sure feel motivated to write! I hope you will enjoy this as much as the others. Also I think I might have given some you too much fluff but of that I am not sure yet hahahahahaha

Feel free to tell me what you think in the comment section! Thank you for reading!