Backstage

Just You & Me

She was nervous.

Even if she was in the situation many times before, she still couldn't get used to it.

She still couldn't get used to the eyes that were looking at her intently, the silent treatment he gave, waiting for her explanation, and the endless lecture that saved itself for last. Sighing, she turned to a corner at the end of the hall and hesitatingly opened the door to the staircase, where he waited for her patiently.

They both stared at each other for a few seconds, his eyes boring into hers, waiting for answers.

"I really wish this would stop, Junsu."

And she waited--the face he made, what he'd say, any possible reaction that she knew he would give.

He sighed heavily and ran his hand through his hair, showing signs of frustration. "How obvious was I?"

Her brows wrinkled in confusion and looked to the side to see if anyone was beside her before looking back towards him.

"What?"

"The fans must've saw," he continued, totally ignoring her question.

Although confused and in wonderment, Ri In pretended to think and crossed her arms as she slowly moved back to where the door was. In case of emergency, of course, she would be able to escape from his wrath. She immediately tensed when he glared at her, obvious of the fact that he was back from his own world and ready to pounce on his desired victim.

"This is what I get all because of the girl I love is amazingly natural with guys," he stated, moving towards his not-so-cornered prey.

"They were just being friendly," she snapped, taking a chance to challenge her hunter.

"Being friendly doesn't involve having their arms around your waist," his voice raised a few pitches high.

"Are you serious? We were dancing to the music," she huffed, inching closer and closer to the door.

She stiffened when his face came a few inches towards hers, eyes almost daggering the other. Ri In was able to breathe again when his eyes shut and was suddenly startled when he stooped his head to her neck, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Junsu," she called softly, tightening his hold. "I'm tired of this. I can't have you glare at me across the stage to eye-message me to meet you after the concert just because your jealousy takes over. Aren't you tired of it too?"

"Are you kidding me? You have no idea. But what can I do? It's just the way I am, Ri In. I can't just leave what I see hanging in the air and wait for it to disappear. You must be crazy," he mumbled, tickling her neck slightly.

"You got to learn how to trust me, duck-," she smiled a little at his honesty. "Or else I'm going to start regretting that I got into this relationship," she threatened.

He became tensed and immediately let go of her in panic. Knowing that it was a forbidden subject that she had brought up, she wasn't surprised when he suddenly gripped her shoulders and looked at her in horror.

"You're joking."

"I don't know how to joke around, oppa. At least try to, okay? For me, for you, for us," she reassures, adding her sweet smile after. 

"It's not going to be easy," he sighed heavily, trying to process her words. "And it'll take a long, long time."

"As long as you're willing to."  Ri In did a victory dance in her head. She had won and made her boyfriend bow to her feet. After four past lectures and three escapes from his previous wraths, she had finally made him the loser.

"By the way," she added. "What were you talking about earlier? What did the fans see?"

Regaining from his lost and defeated state, Junsu scratched his head shamefully, "my face."

"Your face? Wha--" She stopped when she realized what he meant. "Oh, the grim face that's talked about among our fans? Wait. Junsu! I told you to be more careful!"

"I didn't know! I only realized it when Yunho hyung scolded me earlier!"