untitled

Just You & Me

 

Today was the day; the team in the league championships and leading the game by an overstep of points. The other team, exhausted and close to death, struggle to catch up but just doesn't seem to gain a score closer to their opponent. 

The distance seemed impossible; will he able to catch it? The ball is passed and her heart skips a beat. He catches it swiftly and she exhales slowly. Fifteen seconds. She holds her breath again. Ten seconds. The opponent runs by his side and attempts to steal. She bites her lip. Five seconds. He kicks for his goal, strong and far, and she peeks through her hands. The goalkeeper misses, the time buzzes, and the audience, loud and clear, cheers. 

His teammates jump, arms extended towards the sky in victory, gathering then lifting their champion. She laughs from afar, heart swelling with happiness, proud of her man in his glory. 

Junsu searches the crowd from his view, eager to see the one face smiling towards his direction, holding a fist in the air and mouthing a 'jia you' like she would always do, but the feeling of victory disappears with his smile. It was their third win and she wasn't with him.

Junho rushes into the locker room while his twin was in a middle of a playful and sweaty fight between his teammates. He calls him frantically while catching his breath, Junsu turns with the rest of the team.

She's here.

A snort was heard and a hard pat on a back came from two of his teammates. They teased their champion when his readable expression became clear. Junho hands him a shirt but he doesn't see for he leaves before his older twin could have said anything.

He finds her against the wall, a few feet from the locker room with her hands behind her back and her sight at her feet. She turns her head at his breathless call and she gives the smile he had fallen for.

Hey you, she says gently. He approaches her form and embraces her before she could have realized the sweat that glistened his body. Her eyes shut tightly at the contact and laughs when he releases.

Junsu corners her against the wall, one hand on her hip and the other on her neck, foreheads touch and she gives him his moment. Rinnie, he says her name softly and she gives an apologetic smile.

He tells her she's late, but caresses her arms, understanding her silent reasons. He knew she didn't want to miss his moments on the field, if she had it her way, she would be there to support him every time. But not everything went the way they wanted to.

He brings her hands to his lips while she tells how proud and happy she was and how amazing he played, but scolds him lightly for nearly giving her a heart attack when he had signaled his teammate to pass the ball at an almost impossible distance. He smiles against the tip of her fingers and kisses the ring banded around the finger on her left.

She reaches to touch his face, cheek leaning onto her hand, thumb caressing at an invisible tear. Concern is visible in her eyes; she notes the noticeable cheekbone from his sudden weight loss and the slight bags that told of exhaustion. He takes her hand into his and lays a kiss on her forehead, her eyes and on the tip of her nose, down to her lips, gentle and passionate.

They break their kiss not for air, but for the cheering and yelling coming from his team that took a peek at the couple at a perfect timing. Ri In's cheeks turn to a deep pink and hides behind her man in embarrassment. Junsu playfully glares at the guys, embraces the girl in his arms and reassures her with another kiss.