s e v e n

treat me, mister physiotherapist!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So after all these time, you're just acting and pretending to be injured?! Bull, Jung Jaehyun!" Doyoung's hands balled into a fist as he overheard what the player just blurted out to himself on the boys locker room.

 

Jaehyun's eyes shot open and he froze when he saw the real living human being in front of him who is currently in rage. Holy . Did Doyoung heard what he just said? Uh oh. . I'm a dead meat. Oh yes. You're certainly a dead meat right now, Jung Yoono.

 

Swallowing the lump on his throat, he tried to chuckle and shake his head. "H-Hyung. You just heard it all wrong. Tha-" He didn't get to finish his sentence because the smaller cut him off.

 

"I heard it all wrong? So now you're making me look like a deaf ?! For 's sake, both of my ears heard it clearly!" If only looks could kill, Jaehyun could've been already dead a few minutes ago. "YOU'RE. JUST. ING. ACTING. AND. PRETENDING. TO. BE. INJURED."

 

The player felt a loud pang on his chest as he heard those emphasized words. Seeing an upset and mad Doyoung makes him feel guilty. Why did he do that kind of stunt again huh? Now the scenario happening in front of him is the consequence of it.

 

Jaehyun tried to smile and reach out to the latter. "H-Hyung, I can explain." But the latter was clearly avoiding him like he has a very infectious disease.

 

Doyoung shook his head and smiled bitterly. "Explain? I don't need to hear more of your words. What I heard was already enough." 

 

"No hyung! You got it all wrong! I really am injured but I chose to act and pretend because..." Come on, Woojae! Why the hell can't you blurt it all out?! It's not the time to chicken out! Not now please! Darn it!

 

"Oh please. You think you can fool me again? Save your explanations for yourself." Doyoung hissed and rolled his eyes.

 

As he turned his back, Doyoung heaved a sigh. "I'm disappointed to you, Jaehyun-ah." He mumbled, enough for the player to hear, before walking away from his sight.

 

Jaehyun was left dumbfounded and he felt his world crushing down. The boy misunderstood everything. His acting and pretending thingy got busted and now, Doyoung's disappointed to him and might hate him. Oh no! This isn't the outcome he wanted!

 

The player should've listened to his Johnny hyung to just man up and confess his feelings. But that's just too hard for him. Look what happened a while ago. Goodness gracious. He freaking chickened out like a lovestruck high school girl! At that rate, you think he can still man the up and confess what he feels for his physiotherapist?!

 

Pulling his hairs out of frustration, Jaehyun also banged his head on the locker for the nth time. Look at what you've done. Instead of spending more time with him, you got busted and he'll probably avoid you from now on. Great. Just great. You're a certified candidate for the stupid squad, Woojae. You really are.

 

Doyoung bit his lips as he furiously walked along the school hallways. Some students are looking at him weirdly and he doesn't give a about it. Can he even spare them some time when he's very furious right now?! What the hell.

 

Words can't describe how disappointed he was with Jaehyun. So the boy wasn't really injured? But instead he's acting and pretending to be one?! For what?! How come he didn't noticed it huh?! Jaehyun made a fool out of him! For sure, he looked like an idiot! Taking care of someone who wasn't really injured in the first place?! What the actual ! After all the care and treatment he had done to the player, it turns out that all his ing efforts are wasted! Every shred of his concern and care got wasted! Darn it!

 

The smaller thought that he should've looked through the situation first. Regrets are running inside his mind. Why did he let Jaehyun made a fool out of him? He's one of the experts in their school yet he got fooled. Damn that jerk!

 

And it's not just that. Doyoung was hurt. It hurts that the one who fooled him is none other than, Jaehyun. The guy whom he's already starting to feel comfortable and like. During the past weeks of his treatments, they're actually getting close with each other. How could he do that to him? Of all the people around, why does he have to fall for that freaking jerk huh? The player just proved to him indirectly that he wasn't worth of his trust.

 

 

It's the NCT basketball team's practice time so they're currently busy doing their thing at the court. Taeyong, Hansol, Johnny, Kun, and Jaehyun are the first 5 players.

 

Coach Jongin held up the ball and eyed the present players one by one. After a couple of seconds, he blew his whistle and threw up the ball.

 

Hansol was the one who got the ball and is now running around the court while dribbling it. The others tried to block and catch him. Everyone is so hyped up on the game except for, Jaehyun, whose soul is currently floating into another world. Goodness gracious. How can he focus and play when all he could think about is Doyoung and the scenario earlier?!

 

Jaehyun was just absentmindedly running around the court like an idiot. And because he's too pre-occupied, he didn't notice that Taeyong passed the ball to his direction. The result? It just whacked his face hard and the player fell down. Good thing that his nose didn't bled.

 

"Ouch!" Jaehyun winced as he felt the impact of the floor on his .

 

Everyone rushed to him with a concerned expression. It's very unusual for Jaehyun to be spacing out. The player's not usually like this. He's the most hyped up when it comes to practice! Perhaps, did something happened or the tables just actually turned?

 

"Are you alright, Jaehyun-ah?" Jongin asked. "You seem to be spacing out."

 

"I'm fine coach." Jaehyun insisted and flashed a faint smile.

 

Yuta snorted before bursting out of laughter. "Uh oh. Looks like, someone got a love problem here."

 

Jaehyun looked away and he felt a loud pang inside his chest. You're exactly right, Yuta Nakamoto! Jaehyun's got a severe love problem here. Of course the cause is none other than, Doyoung. And the thing is, it's actually worst than his injury! The emotional pain he's feeling right now hurts more than the physical pain he felt for the past few weeks.

 

"What do you mean, Yuta hyung?" Ku

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter