f o u r

treat me, mister physiotherapist!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sliding door of the infirmary opened. Doyoung, who was quite busy with some files and documents, looked up to see who it was. When he saw the face of that person, he flashed a wide teasing grin.

 

"Looks like, you finally got the balls to come here often huh?" Doyoung greeted in a mocking manner as he wiggled his eyebrows at the boy who just entered the infirmary.

 

Jaehyun snorts and shrugs. "It's because I want to recover as soon as possible."

 

Doyoung shook his head and stood up from his seat to prepare the materials needed for the player's treatment. "Then wait for a few more days before you finally get your off to the court again." He said as a matter of fact.

 

It's been a week ever since Jaehyun's ridiculous treatment started. But for Jaehyun, it already felt like decades or even centuries. For pete's sake, not holding a ball for one week is a total hell for him. He couldn't even last for a day without playing. Sometimes he wonders, how did he ever survived that one week no basketball of his life? Darn it!

 

Pointing to the unoccupied bed, the smaller motioned Jaehyun to sit down as he prepares the cold compress for his foot.

 

As soon as he felt the ice contact on his skin, the player flinched because of the slight pain he felt. It's been already a week but it still aches so bad. But not that bad compared to it's condition a week ago. Maybe he's not just used to it yet.

 

"Sorry." Doyoung muttered and placed the ice pack on the other side of his foot.

 

Jaehyun shook his head and slyly smiled. "It's alright hyung." The smaller felt himself also smiling at the other's statement. He's glad that his patient is slowly accepting and acknowledging this treatment. Compared to the immaturity he's prevailing a week ago, now the boy is already improving and doing everything for his fast recovery.

 

"How can you be this good hyung?" The player heaved a sigh and eyed the busy physiotherapist.

 

Doyoung just chuckled because of the latter's silly question. Is this the effect of Jaehyun's one week no basketball? Asking ridiculous questions and losing his mind? Ohmygosh. Maybe he should at least let the boy play for a short span of time. Or should he call a psychiatrist now? Wait. That's a bit exagerrated.

 

Then he turned to Jaehyun's strained leg that is also starting to recover slowly. "Silly boy. Have you already lost your mind? I'm one of the excellent physiotherapist from our university that's why I'm this good." He looked up to see the boy's face, thinking that the boy's already already irritated, to which he instantly regretted.

 

Why?

 

Because the moment he looked up, Jaehyun's already looking at him intently. His heart beat began to quicken that any minute from now, he might end up with a cardiac arrest and one way trip to heaven. Is this a freaking staring contest? Doyoung bit his lip because he couldn't take his eyes off the boy. Goddamn it he's just so perfect and beautiful. Like how could someone so perfect like him exists? !

 

What the actual hell? You need to remind yourself that you're here to treat and help every injured students. Not to flirt nor fantasize with your patient! Since when did flirting and fantasizing became a physiotherapist's duty huh? Wake up, Kim Doyoung!

 

The two remained in that position for a while but it didn't last long. "Excuse me, mr. physi-" The school nurse who just entered the infirmary, together with the recent injured patient, didn't get to finish her sentence as her jaw literally dropped in shock when she saw what is actually happening right now.

 

"O-Oh! I-I'm sorry!" She awkwardly laughed and closed the door. Uh oh. Looks like, she just accidentally ruined the romantic moment?

 

When the both of them came back to their senses, they instantly looked away from each other. Doyoung felt his cheeks heating up because of the intense eye contact that just happened. Now this is way too awkward! Darn it!

 

Silence enveloped the infirmary for a while as Doyoung continued to apply the cold compress. It was just a dead silence, until Jaehyun decided to break the silence between them. "Hyung. I think this is already okay." He exclaimed and slightly smiled.

 

Doyoung immediately realized it and stopped on what he's doing. "A-Alright. Thank you for reminding me. You can now go." Why the hell is he stuttering?! Goodness gracious!

 

Jaehyun stood up from the bed and quickly put on his socks and shoes. "D-Don't forget my reminders okay? Avoid getting hurt." How can he manage to speak all about these things when his mind is still pre-occupied of the happenings a while ago?!

 

The player just nodded and flashed a smile. "I'll keep that in mind. Thanks again for the treatment, mr. physiotherapist." 

 

He could only look at the boy as he made his way out of the infirmary.

 

Images of what happened earlier flashed inside his mind again. Those intense stares and weird feelings. Darn it!

 

"E-Excuse me, mr. Kim?" The nurse doubtedly spoke. "A freshman student got injured."

 

Right. He still has someone to treat. Motioning the student to come in, he guided him into the unoccupied bed where Jaehyun was sitting a while ago.

 

Doyoung felt his heart beat quickening like there's no tomorrow. For pete's sake, he still needs to treat the person in front of him. He clutched onto it to calm the down.

 

After a couple of seconds, his heart finally calmed the down and returned to it's normal heart beat.

 

Darn it! What the hell was that?!

 

 

It's already dismissal time for everyone. Doyoung yawns as he prepared all his stuffs. He'll definitely get a rest later. He had a long day running because of the injured students he treated. But there's something off. Isn't it weird that almost all of SM Town University's injured students are quite increasing?

 

All settled and ready, he made his way out of the infirmary. Here we go again with the students, most especially male students, staring and all smiles at him. When will he ever get used to these attentions huh?

 

While he was walking on the way back to his respective dorm, it happened that he passed by the basketball court of the school again.

 

As usual, the NCT basketball team is at it again. Yeah right. The game is two days from now and the team wants to bring home the bacon, not the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter