f i v e

treat me, mister physiotherapist!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Go Johnny hyung! You guys can do it!" Jaehyun hollers like a cheerleader from the bench they're sitting at as they watched the intense basketball game of SM Town University's NCT and YG Family University's iKON.

 

Today is the day of the tournament game which is currently held at the gymnasium. As the captain ball, all Jaehyun can do is pray to the heavens for his team to win. Even though he's not participating with them. But he knows that they'll eventually win the game and bring the bacon home. Duh. They're not the NCT basketball team for nothing.

 

Jaehyun jumps from their seat and waves his hand. "There! You're doing it right, Ten hyung!"

 

Doyoung's face cringes and he sports the 'I don't freaking know this idiot face' expression as he shook his head. He's the one who's actually feeling embarrassed of Jaehyun's acts. For pete's sake, the tone of his voice is so girly! A not so great match to his body. Goodness gracious. Bless his ears! He needs to clean them right after the game. Who knew that this manly and tough guy beside him hides a disgusting side like that? What the hell.

 

Ten, who is currently running and dribbling the ball, waves back at their direction with a smile before passing it to Yuta. Yuta on the other hand, flashed them a teasing smirk as he dribbled the ball. Then he did some who knows what hand gestures before shooting the ball. The result? Another point for NCT!

 

Coach Jongin clapped his hands. "Well done, Ten and Yuta! Oh yeah! That's my NCT sons!" He chuckled and raised his arms as a sign of support.

 

"Go NCT!" Doyoung also cheered for them while flashing his wide cute grin. But of course, he won't forget his duty here as a physiotherapist.

 

The game continued as the crowd goes wild like animals. Both NCT and iKON's scores aren't that far from each other which makes it even more thrilling. So impressive!

 

Jaehyun actually wishes that he could play and participate with his team right now. He's the captain ball and ace player. But he just can't. Why? Because of his damn injury that has been lingering onto his system for almost a week. One hell week. Darn it!

 

After a couple of hours, it's already the 4th quarter of the game. Which means, it's already the final and last quarter. The winning team still can't be predicted by anyone, including the coaches of each sides, because the scores of both teams are really close. As of now, the score is 87-89. 87 for NCT and 89 for iKON. Who will be winning team huh?

 

The screams of everyone got even louder as the players got more aggressive too. Both teams motivated to win and do well.

 

Taeyong is currently dribbling the ball while Bobby's the one who's guarding him. Beads of sweat and tired pants could be heard from him. He tried to avoid the latter and eyed the court to find a teammate who's free from any players guarding them.

 

Just when he was to pass the ball to his Johnny hyung, Chanwoo accidentally elbowed him, causing him to lose his balance and fall down on the ground. 

 

Chanwoo instantly stopped on his tracks and turned to help him. "I'm sorry! I swear it was an accident hyung!" He looked at him with sincere apologizing eyes.

 

"Oops! Time out for NCT!" One of the announcers declared when they saw the accident.

 

Everyone was shocked and stopped from what they're doing and the wild screams of the audience became a dead silent. Especially the Taeyong fangirls as they saw what the hell happened to their oppa. Their Taeyong oppa freaking fell! Ohmygosh!

 

Taeyong chuckled and accepted Chanwoo's help so that he can stand up but failed to do so. Something from his foot started to ache and it made him wince in pain.

 

"Taeyong hyung!" Ten, who is resting from their bench, instantly rushed like a horse to him with eyes full of concern. "Are you alright?!"

 

One by one, coach Jongin and his teammates also came to him with a concerned look.

 

Doyoung instantly noticed the discomfort of the older. Uh oh. Looks like, he didn't just fell. He also got injured. Which means, he is the second injured member of the NCT basketball team.

 

Wait. Why is he even thinking about things like that?! For pete's sake, someone's already injured. Better run and do your duties, Kim Doyoung!

 

He and Jaehyun instantly rushed and made their way to the injured Taeyong. "You won't be playing for a while hyung." Doyoung carefully swings Taeyong's arms around his shoulders so that he can assist him to their bench. No way in hell he's going to carry Taeyong like what he did with Jaehyun. Carry his . Carrying Jaehyun the sack of rice was enough. It already traumatized him. Duh. 

 

"But-" Taeyong's about to protest when Jongin already cut him off. "No more buts, Lee Taeyong. Listen to our physiotherapist okay?" Jongin exclaimed and pointed to their bench.

 

Ten decided to follow the two and help Doyoung. When they successfully plopped Taeyong on the bench, Doyoung instantly kneeled down to check on the player's foot.

 

"Ouch!" Taeyong winced in pain when the smaller twisted his foot.

 

"Welcome to the injured squad hyung." Jaehyun chuckled. "Kidding hyung! Ten's already killing me with his death glares."

 

Taeyong chuckled. "Come here, Tennie." Motioning the younger to seat next to him.

 

"Are you alright? I won't be playing anymore. I'll stay with you hyung." Ten pouted and placed his head on the older's shoulders.

 

Shaking his head, Taeyong held Ten's hand. "No. You don't have to. Go and pl-" He didn't get to finish his sentence when Ten cut him off.

 

"I'll stay here with you. Even if I play, I won't be motivated because you're not there." The latter says in a melodious voice and closed his eyes.

 

Doyoung's face crinkles as he faked a cough. "You two lovebirds, please excuse me. I'm still busy checking on Taeyong's foot. Control your hormones!" He rolled his eyes at the two.

 

Taeyong and Ten just laughed at their physiotherapist's behavior. Doyoung's a bit funny and could be sassy at times too. Maybe that's why they've gotten close to him, even though they only met him a week ago. And it's not just them, but the whole NCT basketball team.

 

"Someone's bitter." Jaehyun teased and bursted out of laughter. Teasing Doyoung already became his habit especially when it's his treatment session.

 

The smaller snorted and rolled his eyes. "Shut up, Jaehyun-ah! Says the one who isn't bitter because he can't freaking play basketball huh?" Stucking his tongue out, he flashed a mocking smile. Burn, Jung Jaehyun!

 

Bulls eye! Jaehyun got dumbfounded while Doyoung flashed a winning and mocking grin. His physiotherapist surely knows how to shut the hell out of him huh?

 

The game resumed including the wild screams of the audience. Winwin volunteered to be Taeyong's sub. So Johnny, Kun, Hansol, Yuta, and Winwin are the ones who are now playing at the court. Taeyong can't help but frown because he got injured at a time like this. Goodness gracious. It's the final quarter already!

 

"Taeyong hyung, you sprained your leg." Doyoung declared and stood up. "Don't worry. It's not that severe. A cold compress will do."

 

"I'll go and get the cold compress." Ten stood up from the bench and rushed out of the gymnasium.

 

Taeyong slyly smiled. "Will I also get a treatment like Jaehyun does?" He asked and closed his eyes. To be honest, he's disappointed of himself. Their captain ball was already injured and now he's here, adding a new burden to the team and their physiotherapist.

 

"No hyung. It's not much severe." Doyoung smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter