Chapter 6: Juniors

Once Again

-Time skip-

    Junior high school starts and a lot of things has already changed. The old shy Seoyun is gone and she is now a bubbly girl who has gained some friends and she is now starting to open up herself to others. Sadly, this year, Seoyun and her first friend, Hana are not in the same class. Seoyun and Jongdae are in one class and Hana is in the same class as Minseok and Junmyeon.

“I’ll sit beside you, Seoyun-ah.” Jongdae told her.

Seoyun nodded at him, “I’m glad you want to be my seatmate.”, she joked.

“Of course! I am your friend, right?” Jongdae grinned at her.

“I am sad that Hana is not our classmate.”

“Me too, but that’s how school works, right?” Seoyun sadly nodded at Jongdae. Their conversation was interrupted as their first teacher came in.

She settled her things on the teacher’s table and when she’s done, she looked at her students. “Good morning, class. My name is Ms. Bae Joohyun. I will be your English teacher for the whole year.” After her introduction, she started discussing the topics they’ll encounter for the whole year. The class ended with Ms. Bae leaving them their very first homework for this school year.

Their next class started and they met their new teachers as well. As they are a step higher in high school, their subjects are definitely harder. It is their third class when Seoyun and Jongdae finally noticed that Baekhyun is their classmate. Their class is mathematics and that is Baekhyun’s specialty that is why their teacher mentioned him.

Lunch time came and they all gathered to eat. Jongdae and Seoyun arrived first and after a few minutes, Junmyeon, Minseok and Hana arrived and joined them. They bought their food first and went back to their table.

“I missed you, Seoyun!!!” Hana whined.

“Hana kept on mentioning Seoyun in the class.” Minseok shared. Jongdae and Seoyun then smiled at Hana.

“Is it my fault that I miss her?”

Seoyun smiled at Hana’s cuteness. “It’s okay, I missed you too, Hana.” Seoyun smiled at her.

“Ms. Bae is scary but she’s beautiful.” Minseok said.
“Yeah, but seeing her first in the morning is not good.” Jongdae scrunched his nose at the thought and Seoyun agreed as well.

“We’re lucky she’s not our first teacher.” The three laughed.

“By the way, I heard Baekhyun is alone in your class? It will be his first time to be separated from his friends.” Hana asked Jongdae and Seoyun.

“He seems okay with his seatmate, I think Amber is her name.” Seoyun said.

“Well, Amber is Yerim’s friend after all.” Hana nodded.

    They ended their lunch well and although they’re sad, they should go to their own classes. They promised to meet after class for some frozen yogurt. They wished for the first day of class to end already. Soon enough, Jongdae and Seoyun are already at the gates waiting for Hana, Junmyeon, and Minseok. When the three arrived, they made their way to the frozen yogurt shop.

“I’ll be ordering green tea with almonds and blueberry.” Seoyun said.

“I’ll have strawberry yogurt with almonds and blueberry.” Hana told the cashier as well.

“2 orders of plain yogurt with cereals.” Jongdae added, “plain yogurt with blueberry and peaches.” Minseok ordered.

    After they ordered, they found a seat and waited for their order to be delivered. They talked about their classes, teachers, and classmates. Jongdae and Seoyun went home together after their snack.

    Seoyun’s parents always appreciate how Jongdae always sends her home after their little hangouts. Seoyun went to her room and changed her clothes first before they eat. She went down after she’s done changing and watched the television. She is texting Hana when her mother called her for dinner.
    
    Mrs. Lee prepared vegetable stir-fry and beef soup. Seoyun’s father just came home and immediately joined them for dinner. They talked about their day and Mrs. Lee shared some good news to them.

“I’ll be starting a food business soon. I have rented a place near here to sell some meals.” She said.

“That’s great!” Mr. Lee hugged his wife because of happiness and Seoyun watched her parents happily.

After a few days, Mrs. Lee is finally opening her food store. Seoyun helped her mother with her store. Some of the foods they offer are chicken fried rice, ddeokbokki, barbeque, several types of soups and more. Seoyun decided to surprise her friends with some treats. Her mother hired two waiters and a substitute cook during the night since they are opened almost 24 hours a day. The store closes up at 3 in the morning and they open at 6:30 in the morning. Her cook is named Kibum and her two waiters are Jinki during the day and Minho during the night.

Seoyun is on her way to school and she’s excited to bring her friends to their store. She skipped to her seat beside Jongdae as soon as she arrived their classroom.

“Someone is happy today, huh?” Jongdae .

“Well, since I am in a good mood, I will treat you guys for food later.” Seoyun winked at Jongdae.

“Really?! I bet the others will absolutely agree to this. Minseok hyung loves food.” Jongdae laughed.

“Yeah. I saw a new food store opened near our stop snd I suddenly thought of you guys.”

“Let’s eat there, then!” Jongdae nodded.

Lunch came and it is their favorite time since it is the time they are able to see each other. As usual, Hana rants about missing Seoyun which the boys always laughed to.

“Guys, Seoyun told me that she will treat us later.” Jongdae told them.

“Why? Is there an occasion?” Hana looked confused.

“Nothing, I just thoughtt of you guys when I saw a food store on my way to school.”

    They all agreed to Seoyun because let’s be honest, who does not want free food, right? After class, Seoyun and Jongdae went to the other room to fetch their friends. They rode the bus to Seoyun and Jongdae’s neighborhood. They followed Seoyun to a food stand and sat on one of the tables.

“Go on, choose your foods.” Jinki went to them and waited for their orders.

“I’ll have blood sausage and tteokbokki.” Minseok said. “I’ll have the same as him.” Jongdae added.

“I want fish cake soup and half tteokbokki.” Hana told Jinki. Seoyun ordered chicken fried rice and Junmyeon ordered chicken fried rice and fish cake soup.
    Jinki wrote down their orders and went to the small kitchen. He told Seoyun’s mother that her daughter and her friends are there. She told Jinki that she will be the one to give their food. There are only a few customers since it is not yet dinner time. Few minutes later, a lady went out and delivered their orders.

“Here are your orders, please enjoy.” The lady said. They looked at the lady to say thank you but no words came out and they ended up gaping instead.

“Mrs. Lee?!” They said in unison.

“Yes, it’s me.” Mrs. Lee smiled at the kids. Everyone then looked at Seoyun, shocked.

“I just wanted to surprise you all.” Seoyun laughed at their expressions.

“The food’s on the house, kids. Eat well!” Mrs. Lee told them.

“We’ll be eating here everyday, Auntie.” Minseok happily said as he picks up his spoon.

“Anytime, kids. I’m going back to work now.” Mrs. Lee told them as she goes back to the kitchen.

“Wow, Seoyun. This is amazing and you’ve done well in surprising us.” Junmyeon smiled at her.

“That’s my intention after all.” Seoyun laughed.

“The food is really good though. As expected of Auntie.” Hana gave Seoyun a thumbs up.

“I’m glad you guys liked it.”

“I’ll recommend this to others!” Jongdae said and Seoyun smiled at him.

    After their snack-dinner, Hana, Junmyeon, Minseok and Jongdae bid their goodbyes to Mrs. Lee while Seoyun stayed to help out. The kids even told Mrs. Lee that they want to help next time.